Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio, Ross & Lawson out for Miami
Just heard on WLW it looks like Gio, Ross and Lawson won't be available for Sunday. Also, no confirmation Mixon will be ready.
Reply/Quote
Well shit. The. Bed......what's up with Lawson?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lawson was limited at practice, but there have been no designations for Sunday yet so not sure what you heard. That said I wouldn't expect to see Gio or Ross this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 04:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: Lawson was limited at practice, but there have been no designations for Sunday yet so not sure what you heard. That said I wouldn't expect to see Gio or Ross this weekend.

Seg Dennison said it was an ankle issue. Certainly not official but looks like it might happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 04:56 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Seg Dennison said it was an ankle issue.

Right...and he was limited. Again, he isn't out he was limited at practice. No designations for Sunday have been issued as of yet.  Ross and Gio did not practice though, so maybe you heard "out" in relation to this.
Reply/Quote
Dang, no Ross really hurts. Hoping Lawson can play.
Reply/Quote
Ross hurts because Eifert is done for the year.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 04:59 PM)thillan Wrote: Dang, no Ross really hurts. Hoping Lawson can play.

[Image: ryan-confused.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 05:19 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: ryan-confused.gif]

Lol, just wait. Xavien Howard is no joke at corner, and he's gonna be on Green. With no Ross, windows are gonna get smaller for our receivers because we won't have a burner to space the field as much. 

So, back to our old game plan then: Green has to beat his man, which is always possible with the beast he is. Will just be a bit more difficult now.
Reply/Quote
I will say, the Dolphins seem REALLY beat up. Not to the extent that Atlanta is, but we are definitely in a healthier position than they are at this point, even with the Eifert injury. So things might be going downhill for them.. just not sure at this point. Hard team to read.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 05:23 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol, just wait. Xavien Howard is no joke at corner, and he's gonna be on Green. With no Ross, windows are gonna get smaller for our receivers because we won't have a burner to space the field as much. 

So, back to our old game plan then: Green has to beat his man, which is always possible with the beast he is. Will just be a bit more difficult now.

Solid points, but assuming Boyd maintains his consistency as the #2 option and Uzomah/Kroft stepping up in a big way in Eifert's absence I just don't that being without Ross would be that much of an issue.  Though, it's impossible to replace that speed and the sheer threat of that speed being utilized against a defense.

We shall see.
Reply/Quote
^ Agreed on Kroft. He is Eifert Jr IMO. No Eifert but TBH, gets it done nicely.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 05:48 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Solid points, but assuming Boyd maintains his consistency as the #2 option and Uzomah/Kroft stepping up in a big way in Eifert's absence I just don't that being without Ross would be that much of an issue.  Though, it's impossible to replace that speed and the sheer threat of that speed being utilized against a defense.

We shall see.

Definitely agree man. Boyd is one of the best #2s in the league right now (I'd put him behind Stefon Diggs, but he could pass him eventually). 

The big part for the TEs is just replicating the attention that Eifert received. But I believe in Kroft for sure, hoping Uzomah continues to show what he has so far this year.

Above all, I don't care how we get it done. A healthy win is what I want more than anything else!
Reply/Quote
Damn, still a touch of hope for Lawson as he is limited.

Gio being out hurts, atleast Walton looked better against the Falcons and we got Rawls.

We will see if Ross was having an effect in this one. Some said he had pretty much no effect, we will see.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Malone can draw coverage on deep routes similar to Ross. He's very fast and also a bigger target
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 06:19 PM)Whacked Wrote: ^ Agreed on Kroft. He is Eifert Jr IMO.  No Eifert but TBH, gets it done nicely.

Kroft is very good TE, but he doesn't put the fear into defenses like Eifert does. 
Reply/Quote
Here's to Uzomah, Boyd and Willis or Hubbard all having great games in their absence.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 06:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's to Uzomah, Boyd and Willis or Hubbard all having great games in their absence.

Maybe it's just the homer in me, but I feel Hubbard is due to break out in a very big way.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 06:59 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Maybe it's just the homer in me, but I feel Hubbard is due to break out in a very big way.

We have plenty of capable players, they just need their time to show what they can do.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think Malone will see some playing time maybe also Core. Uzi has been solid. Lawson is irreplaceable but Hubbard will have his shots. Remember, Big daddy of the defense Burfict is back. Changes everything.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote