Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio, Ross & Lawson out for Miami
(10-05-2018, 05:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Player A can have 300 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving, and 0 TDs during a game. 

Player B can have 20 yards rushing, 10 yards receiving and 3 TDs during a game. 

Who, in your opinion, had the better game? 

What if player A had a 95 yard rush that went all the way down to the five yard line, got tired and had to be spelled, while his backup came in and rushed for 5 yards and picked up the TD? Who had the better series and who was more productive to get the actual touchdown? I would say player A. 

In fantasy football, touchdowns are important. In real life, I would rather have the guy that's racking up yards and has a high YPC or YPR. The touchdowns will come, its who made up the majority of the yards to get that touchdown is what im interested in. 

This is 100% correct. Remember the times Gio would move the ball down the field, only to have Hill come in and push it into the end zone? 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 01:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This is 100% correct. Remember the times Gio would move the ball down the field, only to have Hill come in and push it into the end zone? 

I had a real problem with this. It happened way too often. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 01:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I had a real problem with this. It happened way too often. 

Well, I didn't have a problem with getting the touchdown, but I felt bad that Gio was getting his TD's whored out to Hill....
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 01:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I didn't have a problem with getting the touchdown, but I felt bad that Gio was getting his TD's whored out to Hill....

Me either, we are on the same page with this. No offense to Hill because I was grateful for the score. But poor Gio did most of the work while Hill made the hilights for 1-2yd TD run. Ugh!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 06:48 PM)Brimey Wrote: I feel like Malone can draw coverage on deep routes similar to Ross. He's very fast and also a bigger target

I like Malone,he is very fast and tall and seems to know how to get open,now only of goofy marvin plays him ALOT. And I really like Rawls,he is a beast and believe me he is much better than the rook they drafted,Rawls is very strong and can pull guys for extra yards and I hope they play him back of Mixon.He is the real deal.If he gets on the field,you will see what I mean.WHO-DEY !!!!!!! ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 07:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/10/5/17943070/dolphins-bengals-injury-report-john-ross-giovani-bernard-cameron-wake

So a guy who had 2 full practices in a week (including the one closest to the game, even if it IS a walkthrough), are going to sit?

Please.

boy, Wake has always been a thorn in our side even when we had good Tackles.   Him being out helps more than anything else.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 01:56 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: boy, Wake has always been a thorn in our side even when we had good Tackles.   Him being out helps more than anything else.

Abso-friggin'-lutely. I was so glad to see him out.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 03:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Abso-friggin'-lutely. I was so glad to see him out.

No doubt !
Reply/Quote
Lawson is playing!

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 01:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This is 100% correct. Remember the times Gio would move the ball down the field, only to have Hill come in and push it into the end zone? 

Um, rarely if ever?

(10-06-2018, 01:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I had a real problem with this. It happened way too often. 

(10-06-2018, 01:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I didn't have a problem with getting the touchdown, but I felt bad that Gio was getting his TD's whored out to Hill....

(10-06-2018, 01:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Me either, we are on the same page with this. No offense to Hill because I was grateful for the score. But poor Gio did most of the work while Hill made the hilights for 1-2yd TD run. Ugh!

What are you guys talking about?

You are aware that Jeremy had MORE YARDS rushing than Gio-van, every year he was with us, right? (save for last year)
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 04:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Um, rarely if ever?

What are you guys talking about?

You are aware that Jeremy had MORE YARDS rushing than Gio-van, every year he was with us, right? (save for last year)

That is usually the case when you get more touches.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Gio is a really good back. Its a shame that things didn't work out with Hill but with Mixon we have the best of both guys if he can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 04:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What are you guys talking about?

This.

(10-06-2018, 04:15 PM)Synric Wrote: That is usually the case when you get more touches.

Yeah, but they were saying Gio was getting all the yards and Hill was just vulturing TD's. It didn't really happen that way. 

Either way, Gio has never been a great goal line back. 19 rushing TDs in 75 games.

I don't think the coaches have avoided using him there because they don't like him. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 04:15 PM)Synric Wrote: That is usually the case when you get more touches.

Exactly! lol
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 05:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont think TDs are unimportant, I would just look at other metrics when evaluating players, thats all. 

True just looking at TDs

Michael Johnson and Sam Hubbard have more than julio this year.
Reply/Quote