Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl, 8, Choked by Man, 33, In Public Restroom
(05-18-2016, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Playing (hopefully) ignorant only has a short term effect. Everyone understands the spirit of the post. The country is right now at odds over bathroom rights. The point of whether this resturant had a gender policy conserning the use of their facilities is irrelavant. The relevance is if Libs have there way; folks will be free to walk into any facility they wish; without question.

But that is the way it is right now, and has been, isn't it?  This new 'Libs way' has nothing to do with this person going into the bathroom.  His proclivity toward sexual assault had everything to do with it.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-18-2016, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Playing (hopefully) ignorant only has a short term effect. Everyone understands the spirit of the post. The country is right now at odds over bathroom rights. The point of whether this resturant had a gender policy conserning the use of their facilities is irrelavant. The relevance is if Libs have there way; folks will be free to walk into any facility they wish; without question.

Wait wait wait, I thought the point was that he was able to get away with this because of some law that caused no one to be concerned about him going in, which would imply that there was a law or policy in place currently that caused it. Or am I missing something?

Edit: Yeah, post three. Brad claims this is the result of some law. So this isn't an "if they get their way this will happen more" thing, this is a "this law caused this" thing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-18-2016, 04:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How is that a trap?   You intervene and if it's confirmed as her father then you ask why he isn't taking her into the family restroom.   

Foul call - you're assuming the area in question has a family restroom as opposed to just the standard set of men and women.

That's why it's a trap. Not enough information. But leave it to Lucie to jump to a conclusion with zero evidence to support said conclusion.

Disclaimer: this post in no way implies a threat to harm any living creature by me. If you or anyone you know feels threatened by its contents, please direct your inquiries to the appropriate authoritative figure.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-18-2016, 04:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Disclaimer: this post in no way implies a threat to harm any living creature by me. If you or anyone you know feels threatened by its contents, please direct your inquiries to the appropriate authoritative figure.

You ought to just put that in your signature.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-18-2016, 04:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Wait wait wait, I thought the point was that he was able to get away with this because of some law that caused no one to be concerned about him going in, which would imply that there was a law or policy in place currently that caused it. Or am I missing something?

Edit: Yeah, post three. Brad claims this is the result of some law. So this isn't an "if they get their way this will happen more" thing, this is a "this law caused this" thing.

We're still waiting on our Cook County IL correspondents to get back to us on this one.  Must be such hyper local legislation that it cannot be found with traditional internet searching capabilities.  
(05-18-2016, 04:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Foul call - you're assuming the area in question has a family restroom as opposed to just the standard set of men and women.

That's why it's a trap. Not enough information. But leave it to Lucie to jump to a conclusion with zero evidence to support said conclusion.

Disclaimer: this post in no way implies a threat to harm any living creature by me. If you or anyone you know feels threatened by its contents, please direct your inquiries to the appropriate authoritative figure.

Almost all places around where I live have a family restroom.   Or a large handicapp single use restroom.    Very rare to not see one.  

So I don't assume anything, he laid out a scenario and I acted as if it was happening in my surroundings.     
(05-18-2016, 04:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Wait wait wait, I thought the point was that he was able to get away with this because of some law that caused no one to be concerned about him going in, which would imply that there was a law or policy in place currently that caused it. Or am I missing something?

Some think that the law will allow men to enter womens restrooms unquestioned. As has everyone else, i've had this discussion with many people i know and not a single one is in line with that thought process. More often than not, as seen on many Facebook posts, males talk about how they will now "guard" the womens restroom if one of their family members need to use it. 

Since this little girl was alone, i would hope that anyone seeing him enter would question him, or at the very least, alert an employee of the store. 

Personally, i would ask him if he was her father. If the girl didn't hear the question or didn't object--but didn't confirm that he was the father--i would ask him to check that there was no one else in there (that could potentially harm her) and wait right outside the door--since he is a man and it's a womens restroom. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(05-18-2016, 04:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You ought to just put that in your signature.

That's why I have my signature.   
(05-18-2016, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Almost all places around where I live have a family restroom.   Or a large handicapp single use restroom.    Very rare to not see one.  

So I don't assume anything, he laid out a scenario and I acted as if it was happening in my surroundings.     

How about in that converted cracker barrel mexican restaurant you like so much?  You know the one.  Got one in there?
(05-18-2016, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Almost all places around where I live have a family restroom.   Or a large handicapp single use restroom.    Very rare to not see one.      

Really? Hell, it's rare to see a family restroom here. I can truthfully say that of the places I go with more than one restroom outside of where I work (because we have family, male, female, gender-neutral, co-ed, you name it restrooms) I can only recall Target having a family restroom. Everywhere else has just male and female or a single-seater.

(05-18-2016, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We are; thanks for pointing that out. That is why this man will be tried and hopefully prosecuted for sexually assaulting a child. Unfortunately, there are countries that don't follow that rule.

Like the Vatican?

Quote:You guys are too funny. Act exactly like the poster you ridicule the most and then blame him for your actions. I think you all identify as children. Feel free to go to the nearest elementary schoolyard during recess and participate in recess.

I take full responsibility for my satirical comment.
(05-18-2016, 04:30 PM)IBelsnickel Wrote: Really? Hell, it's rare to see a family restroom here. I can truthfully say that of the places I go with more than one restroom outside of where I work (because we have family, male, female, gender-neutral, co-ed, you name it restrooms) I can only recall Target having a family restroom. Everywhere else has just male and female or a single-seater.

Interesting ....   There is almost always 3.   It may be listed as a big handicap single use.   But it's the same difference.  

I was in the UPS store this morning and why didn't have one.   But the publix 3 doors down did ....    So there is plenty around to make sure that I never have had to take my girls into the men's or women's restrooms.   
(05-18-2016, 04:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Really? Hell, it's rare to see a family restroom here. I can truthfully say that of the places I go with more than one restroom outside of where I work (because we have family, male, female, gender-neutral, co-ed, you name it restrooms) I can only recall Target having a family restroom. Everywhere else has just male and female or a single-seater.

Thats honestly the way it is everywhere, because 99% of local building and zoning codes do not require family restrooms.  If you're just a business, not required to have one and aren't catering to 'families', why sink that valuable cost and space?

He's full of shit here once again.
(05-18-2016, 04:30 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: How about in that converted cracker barrel mexican restaurant you like so much?  You know the one.  Got one in there?

We don't eat at Cracker Barrel.   We do eat at a couple Mexican joints but they have a 3rd handicap option.   And the other Mexican place is like a food truck type place.  And we go there during food truck invasion.  
Folks are now being nieve. I know of 2 links provided here where someone was questioned why they were entering the ladies room because they look like a dude. yet folks are saying if they saw someone that looked like a man following a girl into a bathroom; they would ask him what he is doing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-18-2016, 04:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Interesting ....   There is almost always 3.   It may be listed as a big handicap single use.   But it's the same difference.  

I was in the UPS store this morning and why didn't have one.   But the publix 3 doors down did ....    So there is plenty around to make sure that I never have had to take my girls into the men's or women's restrooms.   

Almost always one or two around these parts. There will be ADA stalls in the restrooms, but they don't have a separate one for them or as a family restroom.

I always like the single seaters here on campus, some of these students are weird. I went to drop a deuce one day and there were two stalls occupied across the way (6 stalls, 2 urinals, sizable bathroom on my floor) and one guy was playing music on his phone and he and his friend in the adjacent stall were commenting on the music, and on the bodily functions of each other. Now, I was trying to be polite and let them have their conversation, but I let one rip and the one guy with the phone goes "now that was a good one!"

College students are weird.

(05-18-2016, 04:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We don't eat at Cracker Barrel.   We do eat at a couple Mexican joints but they have a 3rd handicap option.   And the other Mexican place is like a food truck type place.  And we go there during food truck invasion.  

no your favorite mexican restaurant used to be a cracker barrel.  thats how you found out about it.

in all seriousness, if the 'majority of places you patronize' have family restrooms, your area is a very unique compared to the rest of the nation.  how far are you from the family resorts / theme parks?  could the family travel destination aspect be playing a role?

Well you've been admittedly confused since post #2. Yet, when the gist of the thread is explained to you, you want to continue to address the Red Herring that was thrown out; instead of the actual spirit of the thread

I don't like the wauy the forum is headed. Too many folks trying for a "got cha" or making each other look silly; while making themselves appear awesome.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I forgot your reality is the exact same as everyone else's surroundings.

Truth of the matter is family restrooms aren't all too common up here. Not to say they're so rare as to be nonexistent, but they're damn close.

Disclaimer: this post in no way implies a threat to any living creatures by me. If you or anyone you know feels threatened by its contents, please direct your inquiries to the appropriate authoritative figure.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-18-2016, 04:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Thats honestly the way it is everywhere, because 99% of local building and zoning codes do not require family restrooms.  If you're just a business, not required to have one and aren't catering to 'families', why sink that valuable cost and space?

He's full of shit here once again.

My area caters to tourism and families.   Not to mention we have one of the largest growing 55 and over communities In the country.     Families come to visit them.    So between families coming and 55 and over community .... Places of business here have that 3rd bathroom for either a single use handicapp or for family.    No matter what they name the room it's the same thing.   

But please by all means continue to tell me about my area.