Poll: Do the Bengals finish the season above .500?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Give Me Your Gut Feeling, Do The Bengals Finish Above .500?
So as of now, give me your gut feeling on this upcoming season, do the Bengals finish the season above .500?
Reply/Quote
No and its going to be a very very long shitty season. We haven't improved our offensive or defensive lines at all and they already struggled. Gave up the most sacks and got low sack numbers ourselves.

Of course we respond by letting our best 2 lineman walk and doing NOTHING to the d line so far via FA.

My prediction is less than 5 wins. Sad thing is Dalton is going to keep us in ALOT of games until about the 3rd, then hes going to make one mistake and ppl will DESTROY his life for it.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 09:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: So as of now, give me your gut feeling on this upcoming season, do the Bengals finish the season above .500?

If this line plays well I think it can win between 7-10 games as their ceiling.
If they play as bad as they did last year minus Z and Whit, it could be around 3-7. 

Guessing as of right now, I would say that the Bengals finish under, but it doesn't really matter though.
The Patriots have continued their assault on the AFC with the moves they have made and I see no one stopping them.
Reply/Quote
Given that the team has not improved even one position on the roster I had no choice but to vote No.

However, I could feel differently if we have a draft that brings a couple of day 1 starters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 09:30 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Given that the team has not improved even one position on the roster I had no choice but to vote No.

However, I could feel differently if we have a draft that brings a couple of day 1 starters.

Yes.
Check out Cincy Jungle article about FA. It says the Bengals never come out even or a bit better which is the goal in FA for almost every other team.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 09:36 PM)Derrick Wrote: Yes.
Check out Cincy Jungle article about FA. It says the Bengals never come out even or a bit better which is the goal in FA for almost every other team.

Free agency is a tool for acquiring personnel you need. Too bad the Bengals suck at using that tool.

Reply/Quote
I'm basing it solely on the O line, but I don't see us getting close to 500. 3-13 and last place.
Reply/Quote
Don't know how anyone could think we are better now than we were last season when we finished below .500. I don't have high hopes for this season but will keep an open mind with the draft and any other FA's they may sign. As of now though I don't see any way this team would break .500
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 09:44 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm basing it solely on the O line, but I don't see us getting close to 500.  3-13 and last place.

If this O line doesn't improve I unfortunately don't see Dalton going through the season without being injured and missing games. His protection stunk last year this year is going to be a massacre.
Reply/Quote
I haven't looked at the schedule yet but my initial reaction is no. New England wins the east, pits wins the north and the remaining playoff teams come from the west and south.
Reply/Quote
Maybe if a couple solid starters are drafted, plus Jackson and Billings pan out in big way.

But as of now not sure Dalton can survive behind this OL.

Hopefully Ced makes huge leap forward and proves me wrong though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Voted yes though because even upset still a Homer at heart.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Fourth in the North.
Reply/Quote
I just don't see it. Sure, it could happen. Lots will change between now and the start of the season but based on the fu**ery we saw last year and the stubborn refusal (or football knowledge) to address it is not exactly encouraging. It would take a miraculous 2011-like season to finish with anything close to a winning record.
Reply/Quote
The feeling in my gut at the moment is pretty bad...but that might be because I just stuffed it with Taco Bell.  Sick

It's hard to say what the Bengals will or won't do at this point because we still don't know who they might sign, who they're going to draft, who could be cut, what the season opening O-line will look like, etc. Just too many unknowns.
Reply/Quote
Push.

They finish 8-8.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I am guessing we win 5 and pick in the top 5. If that gets Marv fired, I am ok with it. Our team has gotten drastically worse this offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Aint gonna happen.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 10:44 PM)Sigfox77 Wrote: I am guessing we win 5 and pick in the top 5. If that gets Marv fired, I am ok with it. Our team has gotten drastically worse this offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn near seems without resistance
Reply/Quote
Our o line was awful last year and now we get rid of Whitworth AND Zeitler?!?..Our only two bright spots on the that o line..DAMN
Reply/Quote