Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Gleichschaltung?
This is happening faster than I can keep up.

US Environmental Protection Agency staff are currently not able to talk directly to the public or the press.
https://qz.com/893890/the-epa-was-placed-under-a-gag-order-by-the-trump-white-house/

Donald Trump is poised to eliminate all climate change research conducted by Nasa as part of a crackdown on “politicized science”, his senior adviser on issues relating to the space agency has said.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/nov/22/nasa-earth-donald-trump-eliminate-climate-change-research

The Trump administration has imposed a freeze on grants and contracts by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, a move that could affect a significant part of the agency’s budget allocations and even threaten to disrupt core operations ranging from toxic cleanups to water quality testing, according to records and interviews.
https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-administration-imposes-freeze-on-epa-grants-and-contracts

The Interior Department was ordered Friday to shut down its official Twitter accounts — indefinitely — after a National Park Service employee shared two tweets that noted President Trump’s relatively small inaugural crowds compared to the numbers former President Obama drew in 2009.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/01/21/interior-department-banned-from-twitter-after-retweet-smaller-than-usual-trump-inauguration-crowd/2S7MgjBwftXVN6qfd8GnQP/story.html

Seemingly in spite of what happened to the main National Parks Twitter account, the account for the Badlands National Park (situated in South Dakota), tweeted out a series of facts about global warming: They ranged from the fact that the level of carbon dioxide (a greenhouse gas) in the atmosphere is at the highest it’s been in the last half-million years, to what burning gasoline does to the atmosphere, and how much more acidic our oceans have become as a result of climate change. Some Twitter users recognized the risk immediately:
https://qz.com/894089/badlands-national-park-and-other-government-agencies-are-taking-to-twitter-twtr-to-defy-trump-with-facts-about-climate-change/

Employees of the scientific research arm at the Agriculture Department were ordered Monday to cease publication of “outward facing” documents and news releases, raising concerns that the Trump administration was seeking to influence distribution of their findings. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/24/usda-science-researchers-ordered-to-stop-publishing-news-releases-other-documents/?utm_term=.5abe378b89e1

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-house-doubles-down-trump-s-debunked-illegal-voter-claim-n711526

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/24/trump-to-advance-keystone-dakota-pipelines-with-executive-order-on-tuesday-nbc.html

http://www.ajc.com/news/national-govt--politics/trump-announce-restrictions-immigration-refugee-resettlements/34h29v04TqKetc25nv3PgJ/

Tillerson, who has spent his career at ExxonMobil, would be the first secretary of state without government or military experience if confirmed. He has a decades-long business relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin, which has raised eyebrows among Democratic and some Republican lawmakers. . . . DeVos, a Michigan education activist and major GOP donor, is an advocate for school choice and charter schools. . . . Carson, a retired neurosurgeon. . .  now serves as the vice chairman on the Trump transition team. He has never held elected office or worked in government.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-cabinet/story?id=43478002

Rep. Mike Pompeo, who once called America's torturers "patriots," and who once counseled active-duty military officers to disregard the lawful orders of the previous president, sailed through the Senate to become the new director of the CIA. . . . The administration has nominated Sonny Perdue, the Confederate-flag-loving former governor of Georgia, to be the Secretary of Agriculture. Perdue's past statements on the climate crisis seem to fit in nicely with the information on that subject that the new government is clearly trying to bury at the EPA.
Jefferson Beauregard Sessions preparing to sit his pale ass down in Bobby Kennedy's old chair at the Justice Department, and with John Gore, a lawyer whose track record shows a remarkable sweet tooth for laws upholding discrimination of all sorts, nominated to be Sessions's assistant AG for civil rights.. . . Rep. Mick Mulvaney, the administration's candidate to direct the Office of Management and Budget, went before a Senate committee and stated quite plainly that he still believes Social Security is "a Ponzi scheme" and that he and the administration will be coming for that, and for Medicare and Medicaid, too
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a52535/trump-administration-dangerously-retrograde/

Any word on Trump's Supreme Court appointee?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-nominee-idUSKBN158288

He has reportedly narrowed his search to three candidates for the Supreme Court.
Hope all these dumb old ***** that supported this ********* are happy with the scorched earth their grandchildren inherit. Holy shit.
On the bright side, at least I'm a white male with no kids.

The all out "War on the Environment" Trump is waging is my biggest concern.
for scotus!

http://www.news4jax.com/news/judge-accused-of-racist-sexist-remarks-resigns
He sure is crazy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Glad to see the votes for Johnson, Stein and Egg McMuffin didn't go to waste.
(01-25-2017, 03:05 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Glad to see the votes for Johnson, Stein and Egg McMuffin didn't go to waste.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked to see if 3rd party voting affected the final electoral results to where it would have flipped?  We know Nader in 2000 cost Gore Fla and the election.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-25-2017, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He sure is crazy

I know you are just trolling. 

But it is funny it hasnt even been a week and you, the ultimate Trump defender who doesnt even acknowledge that you defend Trump so you can do it guilt free, have already given up.

Just cover your ears close your eyes and go la la la la la la la la, thats the intelligent adult way to handle the situation. Only pay attention when they tell you what facts to disagree with and the proper alternative facts to use when forming thoughts.
(01-25-2017, 03:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I know you are just trolling. 

But it is funny it hasnt even been a week and you, the ultimate Trump defender who doesnt even acknowledge that you defend Trump so you can do it guilt free, have already given up.

Just cover your ears close your eyes and go la la la la la la la la, thats the intelligent adult way to handle the situation. Only pay attention when they tell you what facts to disagree with and the proper alternative facts to use when forming thoughts.

He was critical and didn't vote for him though, so maybe you're a bit overboard here.
I dont have a problem with the NASA thing, as they will increase their budget for space exploration instead. But if they dont move the climate change research to another agency or similar (which was mentioned in the linked article), then I will have an issue with scrapping climate change research all together.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(01-25-2017, 04:23 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I dont have a problem with the NASA thing, as they will increase their budget for space exploration instead. But if they dont move the climate change research to another agency or similar (which was mentioned in the linked article), then I will have an issue with scrapping climate change research all together.

If Trump's view of climate change hoax is to prevail, it will be important to defund climate science as far as possible.

The next step may be an attempt to roll back research in public universities.

The is hope in the future but it may be far off. The Catholic Church did not remove the ban on Copernicus till the 19th century.
(01-25-2017, 03:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked to see if 3rd party voting affected the final electoral results to where it would have flipped?  We know Nader in 2000 cost Gore Fla and the election.

I voted for Nader in 2000, while living in VA. Gore lost by a few percentage points, and within years thousands were dying in a needless war and the economy was tanking.

Never again will I buy that line the parties are really the same and it doesn't really matter who is in the pilot's seat.
(01-25-2017, 09:43 AM)Benton Wrote: for scotus!

http://www.news4jax.com/news/judge-accused-of-racist-sexist-remarks-resigns

What a shame!  He'd have fit right in.

>>Hulsey, 66, was accused of saying that blacks should "get back on a ship and go back to Africa" and referring to women staff attorneys as being "like cheerleaders who talk during the national anthem." The 4th Judicial Circuit judge was also accused of referring to a female staff lawyer as a "*****" and a "c---," after she complained to the chief judge that Hulsey was overusing staff attorneys.

According to documents News4Jax obtained from the Florida House of Representatives, investigators were prepared to testify Tuesday that Husley failed to make arguments at hearings and was unprepared for criminal cases, including a death-penalty trial. Based on interviews, investigators said they had evidence showing the Hulsey had committed misdemeanors, including nonfeasance, malfeasance and failure to maintain a professional environment free from abuse.<<
(01-25-2017, 03:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I know you are just trolling. 

Perhaps my point can be summed up by using Aesop's fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

If you hit the back arrow, read what each thread is about; perhaps you will understand.

All during the Election cycle I was anti-Trump and pretty much apathetic about who won the election once it came down to Hills and Trump. I just couldn't have Bernie or Johnson. Now that the election is over, I just get a kick out of watching folks critique every move Trump makes.

EVERYBODY is competing to be the one that finds the smoking gun that gets Trump. The absolutely ironic part is a conservative should be hoping they find something more that the tireless liberals that are doing their job. If I were liberal, I'd just ride it out for the next couple years and hope his VP doesn't inherit the Big House. Although, I'd bfine with that,

(01-25-2017, 03:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked to see if 3rd party voting affected the final electoral results to where it would have flipped?  We know Nader in 2000 cost Gore Fla and the election.

They very easily could have cost her Florida, Colorado, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

(01-25-2017, 04:27 PM)Dill Wrote: If Trump's view of climate change hoax is to prevail, it will be important to defund climate science as far as possible.

The next step may be an attempt to roll back research in public universities.

The is hope in the future but it may be far off. The Catholic Church did not remove the ban on Copernicus till the 19th century.

Well, they're sticking firm that burning Bruno at the stake was the right thing to do.
(01-25-2017, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps my point can be summed up by using Aesop's fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

If you hit the back arrow, read what each thread is about; perhaps you will understand.

All during the Election cycle I was anti-Trump and pretty much apathetic about who won the election once it came down to Hills and Trump. I just couldn't have Bernie or Johnson. Now that the election is over, I just get a kick out of watching folks critique every move Trump makes.

EVERYBODY is competing to be the one that finds the smoking gun that gets Trump. The absolutely ironic part is a conservative should be hoping they find something more that the tireless liberals that are doing their job. If I were liberal, I'd just ride it out for the next couple years and hope his VP doesn't inherit the Big House. Although, I'd bfine with that,

Especially the part about Trump's birth certificate and college records.

Whoo boy, hilarious.
(01-25-2017, 04:30 PM)Dill Wrote: I voted for Nader in 2000, while living in VA. Gore lost by a few percentage points, and within years thousands were dying in a needless war and the economy was tanking.

Never again will I buy that line the parties are really the same and it doesn't really matter who is in the pilot's seat.
It wouldn't have mattered in Virginia anyway.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

i think in quite a few states, the percentage that johnson got would have given hillary the state

johnson got 2.2 in florida, and trump won by a margin of 1.2

penn, michigan, wisconsin, if the votes for johnson went to hillary, she would have won (those 4 were aboout 93 votes)

i think that was it
People suck