Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-24-2019, 12:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hell if I know.  I'm of the mindset that Dalton isn't going anywhere any time soon so we may as well just live with it.  Mike Brown has never willingly moved on from a long-term starting QB and I don't see him starting when he's 85.

Didn't he draft Akili Smith when we had Jeff Blake as our starting QB?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Didn't he draft Akili Smith when we had Jeff Blake as our starting QB?

Jeff Blake was a surprisingly decent FA pickup, but I wouldn't put him on the level of Boomer/Palmer/Dalton.  Yes, he moved on from guys like Blake or Kitna, but other than FA fill-ins and total busts Mike Brown hasn't shown he can or will move on from an actual decent starting QB.  Remember, after 2010 when everything was pretty awful his plan for 2011 was to just change nothing.

I know we like to imagine that Mike Brown fired Marvin and he's going to move on from Dalton, but he's more likely to just drive people away with his apathy than to actually take the initiative to shake things up. I just don't see Dalton wanting out or having the options outside of Cincy that Boomer and Palmer did and I don't see Dalton demanding action from the front-office, either.

I just don't see Mike Brown making much change without people forcing him to through their own frustration and issue with his inactivity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What a man of integrity... Nervous
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 02:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What a man of integrity... Nervous

Shit can the bum.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Remember, after 2010 when everything was pretty awful his plan for 2011 was to just change nothing.

Actually he signed three new defensive starters in free agency for the 2011 team.

Our scoring defense improved from 24th to 9th.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually he signed three new defensive starters in free agency for the 2011 team.

Our scoring defense improved from 24th to 9th.

Yes, he fired Bratkowksi and signed some FA guys after the players went into jailbreak mode.  He also traded for Cordy Glenn so he has tried to rebuild the o-line too, I get it he does some stuff.  I assume the NFL would have to intervene if he legitimately did nothing or named his dog the head coach or something.

But again this goes back to the whole Cordy Glenn trade where we were like WOW we did something to address the o-line...it's not much and it took him long enough, but hey, it's something.  
Reply/Quote
Glenn is not traveling to London.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
We'll never see him in a Bengals uniform again.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
As usual, shouldn't have trusted the sensationalist Twitter universe. From the horse's mouth:

https://www.bengals.com/news/thursday-quick-hitters-green-on-field-again-quez-not-glenn-says-he-s-focused-on-

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 02:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What a man of integrity... Nervous

Can't make this stuff up this team is a train wreck and I can't look away lol.  Everything that could go wrong this season has gone wrong.  Instead of being depressed I find some joy in making fun of the team. I find humor in reading the comments under the Bengals twitter page,  looking at there record breaking stats for awfulness and seeing the fans bringing back the brown paper bags for the Jags game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 04:52 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Can't make this stuff up this team is a train wreck and I can't look away lol.  Everything that could go wrong this season has gone wrong.  Instead of being depressed I find some joy in making fun of the team. I find humor in reading the comments under the Bengals twitter page,  looking at there record breaking stats for awfulness and seeing the fans bringing back the brown paper bags for the Jags game. 

Except that's all out of context. Read the article I posted. Twitter sucks.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 05:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Except that's all out of context. Read the article I posted. Twitter sucks.

We'll see. I'll be shocked if that POS has any intention of playing in a game.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 05:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Except that's all out of context. Read the article I posted. Twitter sucks.

I read the article and to be honest I don't believe Glenn plus Hobson tries to make everything sound positive. Other credible sources like Dave Lapham backed the story of Glenn saying "cut me" and has hinted to bigger issues that Glenn does not want to play and that was a concern when they traded for him from the Bills.  Plus of course Glenn said that he wants to get paid lol. He thought he could get all his money and not play then he ran into Mike Brown and company and found out they wound't make it that easy which I give them credit for. He was cleared to play even if he didn't think he was ready he still missed meetings which has nothing to do with him being able to play.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Glenn hit his head on a ceiling . . .

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/10/boston-celtics-tacko-fall-reveals-cause-of-concussion-is-very-close-to-return.html

Quote:Boston Celtics Tacko Fall reveals cause of concussion, is ‘very close’ to return

PHILADELPHIA -- There are some challenges that come along with being 7-foot-5. One of them is being aware of how low certain ceilings are.

Before the Boston Celtics shoot around at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Fall explained to MassLive that he was trying to wash his hands after a workout at the practice facility but didn’t notice a “low ceiling."

Fall hit his head, but initially thought nothing of it. He later participated in the Celtics swim lesson event at the Charlestown Boys and Girls Club with no noticeable effects. He says he even went back to the Auerbach Center afterwards to get more work in.

However, the next morning he woke up and wasn’t feeling well.

“Tacko got hit in the head yesterday after individual work,” Stevens said at the time. “He was a little under the weather. It sounds like being very cautious about that.”

Fall was ultimately forced to enter the NBA concussion protocol, but he was seen around the team and on the practice floor in the days since. He traveled with the team to Philadelphia and was participating in the team’s morning shoot around. He told MassLive he expects to be cleared “real soon,” which Brad Stevens confirmed.

“Very close (to a return) from what I’ve been told," Stevens told reporters. “But he wasn’t going to be active anyway.”
Reply/Quote
I just want my cat Joker to pounce on this guy's face!

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 05:46 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I read the article and to be honest I don't believe Glenn plus Hobson tries to make everything sound positive. Other credible sources like Dave Lapham backed the story of Glenn saying "cut me" and has hinted to bigger issues that Glenn does not want to play and that was a concern when they traded for him from the Bills.  Plus of course Glenn said that he wants to get paid lol.  He thought he could get all his money and not play then he ran into Mike Brown and company and found out they wound't make it that easy which I give them credit for. He was cleared to play even if he didn't think he was ready he still missed meetings which has nothing to do with him being able to play.

Good points, and I'm not sticking up for Glenn at all. That was more of an indictment of the Twitter age and sensationalist "news".

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 05:31 PM)R3stangs Wrote: We'll see. I'll be shocked if that POS has any intention of playing in a game.

Probably the case, but Twitter is out of control, and spreading a bunch of misinformation. As a result, it's hard to discern truth....and it's spreading here. It'd be different if we saw some retractions.

Reply/Quote