Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-18-2019, 10:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Even a consensus top-tier FA pickup becomes worthless when he comes here.  At least the results are consistent.   Ninja

We all hoped for a culture change, but if anything...the culture has gotten worse.

Maybe Marvin was the only thing making this organization atleast semi-respectable?
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd rather trade him and get some return and/or try to actually protect Dalton rather than win some argument with yet another disgruntled Bengal.

A independent(doesn't work for the Bengals) neurologist says he can play. He refuses to play. Bengals fine him $200,000. He asked to be traded. The Bengals should hold up his checks until he plays or gets his own neurologist to give him a different diagnosis. The team it seems has played fairly while Glenn has had no intention of playing this year. I believe the team lawyers are on top of the situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He didn't want to play football in Buffalo. He didn't want to play football in Cincinnati.

He doesn't want to play football.

He just wants to get paid to be on a football roster.

I don't think you're going to get much for a guy who has malingered his way off two teams in a row. Even less so when he was bad in 2018 and hasn't taken a snap in 2019.

You'll get what, a 7th that could be turned into a 6th conditionally? He's still owed like $13.5m or so through the end of 2020, after all.

Meanwhile you're showing that malingering pays off to the tune of $18.75m and getting off an 0-6 team. That's not a good message to send to your locker room for a 6th or 7th round pick that if you use on an OL will turn into Reggie Stephens, TJ Johnson, or Rod Taylor-caliber players.
The team would be on the hook for this years salary but he could be cut before next spring without the team owing him anything. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 10:46 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: A independent(doesn't work for the Bengals) neurologist says he can play. He refuses to play. Bengals fine him $200,000. He asked to be traded. The Bengals should hold up his checks until he plays or gets his own neurologist to give him a different diagnosis. The team it seems has played fairly while Glenn has had no intention of playing this year. I believe the team lawyers are on top of the situation.

I'm really hoping to see Mike Brown on Judge Judy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was added to the actual article. They took reasons a team sucks that people commented.

Like I said, maybe it's made up or not...but someone said it.

Here we are in Year 2 of Glenn being in Cincy basically forcing his way out. I'd say that evidence points to him not liking it here.

Anytime something starts with "My friend...", it's best to take it with a grain of salt, at best, or just completely ignore it. 

The problem is, it's gets posted here...then someone else remembers you posting it so they post it as fact (5 months from now) and then everyone believes it's true and a fact--straight from his mouth, when it's actually not. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 10:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We all hoped for a culture change, but if anything...the culture has gotten worse.

Maybe Marvin was the only thing making this organization atleast semi-respectable?

I don't think so.  The only time Marvin had a real contender was when he has really good coaches around him.  Gruden and Zimmer are good coaches.  I still believe Hue is a good coach and got a bad rap in Cleveland (fall guy).  But Marvin consistently had the team flat as a pancake, had horrible clock management, and no creativity or response to the other team's design in 7 consecutive playoff losses.

This team will go as far as their coaching staff takes them.  I still believe in ZT, but the DC is laughable in his inability to adapt to the other team's attack.  It is like groundhog day, one play after another.  Get ALex Grinch to run the defense and this team will get better in a hurry with some key FA.  It isn't impossible, just unlikely that they do that.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...make fun of it...but Glenn has been here just over a season and is apparently pushing his way out. I'd tend to say there is some smoke to that fire that he isn't happy in Cincy. 

The point is...about the "friend", that article is satire, so people make shit up in the comments to add to "why your team sucks". 

It's not a "legit" article.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 10:12 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: This is from the Cincinnati Enquirer:

"On The Enquirer’s Bengals Beat Podcast, it was reported that there was a belief around the team that Glenn doesn’t want to be in Cincinnati or play football for the Bengals and people in and out the locker room were questioning the legitimacy of Glenn’s prolonged concussion. Pro Football Talk’s report underscores the same information and includes a financial penalty."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/17/cincinnati-bengals-discipline-left-tackle-cordy-glenn/4013181002/

Yes, that's current. The deadspin article is from pre-season 2018.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 10:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We all hoped for a culture change, but if anything...the culture has gotten worse.

At said this right at the outset, you CANNOT get a cultural change unless it comes top down. It cannot start in the middle and move down and up. Does not work. Any cultural change has to come from the top. ML was able to have moderate success when he had good coaches and we actually had a few good drafts in a row. But it was not sustainable given how the team is run.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:40 AM)Whatever Wrote: Step 4 of concussion protocol only allows the player to participate in non-contact drills. You just showed video of him in a contact drill.  

I think the fact that Glenn was not in pads could be what the argument with the coach was over?

Not saying I know.  Just a guess.
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to read through this whole thread but what are the actual FACTS in this case?

I'm reminded that not too long ago there were rumors that AJ Green was not going to sign an extension with Cincy only for it to turn out that those rumors were not based in reality. So, before we go through this again Glenn (well, I'm late to the party, so befire *I* go through this again), what do we ACTUALLY know as a FACT?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 02:58 AM)XsandOs Wrote: You don't possess the background or capacity for me to have a discussion with you on this topic.

But as a matter of clarity:

To your analogy of a migraine - you should look at the placebo effect rates both in episodic and chronic migraine clinical trials.

Similar to this situation with Glenn, the true prevalence of migraines are far below the opioid abuse population who c/o migraines.

Once you do that, and truly comprehend what that means, then read my post again.

You are having a discussion with a person who has spent more time in migraine literature and treatment, than you have spent in school.

That a concussion is a general term applied to non imaging confirmed TBI, is correct. However, imaging confirms TBI, irrespective of whether baseline imaging is available.

Again, non-quantifiable condition that cannot be confirmed by lab or imaging data, which depends solely on patient described symptoms, can and has been abused.

As a word of advice, refrain from using "pretty much" in your argument. Makes you look like an amateur.

I’m a former Army PA still in practice as a civilian PA with 18 years of experience. So I know 1, possibly even 2 things about concussions. If you’re a physician then I can only imagine your embarrassment at having your misinformation regarding basic concussion information corrected by an amateur like myself.

Claiming a concussion that lasts 2 months isn’t a concussion, but a TBI indicates you need to brush up on the basics. Because not only is a concussion a TBI, it is the most common type of TBI. While most concussions resolve in 2 weeks, some can linger for months.

Despite the smoke and mirrors related to migraines to save face, it doesn’t change the fact if we imagined just the true migraine suffers none of the imaging modalities can detect a migraine.

I’m well aware that medical conditions that require a clinical diagnosis can be abused by someone who is malingering. But, you have no evidence of malingering and the information we do know is still consistent with a concussion. You’re letting your personal feelings cloud your clinical judgment, if you have any clinical judgment. And I’m not sure that you do if you don’t know a concussion is a TBI.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...make fun of it...but Glenn has been here just over a season and is apparently pushing his way out. I'd tend to say there is some smoke to that fire that he isn't happy in Cincy. 

He apparently wasn't happy in Buffalo either. Me thinks he's a lazy stack of shit, you think it's all on the Bengals. No one here has any illusions of Son of Paul being the Great Gazoo of football or anything, but sometimes, a turd is a turd. Looks like Glenn is a turd.  That's it. I am fully aware of the shortcomings of this circus, hell I was labeled a hater on the old board....but do we really need to add speculation and conjecture to the shit show? 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:19 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not going to read through this whole thread but what are the actual FACTS in this case?

I'm reminded that not too long ago there were rumors that AJ Green was not going to sign an extension with Cincy only for it to turn out that those rumors were not based in reality. So, before we go through this again Glenn (well, I'm late to the party, so befire *I* go through this again), what do we ACTUALLY know as a FACT?

Basically there was conflict with coaches. He asked ZT to be released. He cleaned out his lockerroom and left.

He's listed on the injury report as 'Disciplinary issue'.

Also at some point the Bengals fined him $200k for conduct detrimental to the team.

They feel he could be playing. He doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:40 AM)Whatever Wrote: Step 4 of concussion protocol only allows the player to participate in non-contact drills. You just showed video of him in a contact drill.  

Contact involves hitting other players in pads at full speed during simulated game conditions. Not individual drills with a bag and no pads at less than half speed.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anytime something starts with "My friend...", it's best to take it with a grain of salt, at best, or just completely ignore it. 

The problem is, it's gets posted here...then someone else remembers you posting it so they post it as fact (5 months from now) and then everyone believes it's true and a fact--straight from his mouth, when it's actually not. 

Well, here it is from another source:

This is from the Cincinnati Enquirer:

"On The Enquirer’s Bengals Beat Podcast, it was reported that there was a belief around the team that Glenn doesn’t want to be in Cincinnati or play football for the Bengals and people in and out the locker room were questioning the legitimacy of Glenn’s prolonged concussion. Pro Football Talk’s report underscores the same information and includes a financial penalty."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/17/cincinnati-bengals-discipline-left-tackle-cordy-glenn/4013181002/
Reply/Quote