Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-18-2019, 11:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: He apparently wasn't happy in Buffalo either. Me thinks he's a lazy stack of shit, you think it's all on the Bengals. No one here has any illusions of Son of Paul being the Great Gazoo of football or anything, but sometimes, a turd is a turd. Looks like Glenn is a turd.  That's it. I am fully aware of the shortcomings of this circus, hell I was labeled a hater on the old board....but do we really need to add speculation and conjecture to the shit show? 

I don't know who I think it's on in this case? We've seen multiple Bengals want out over the years. But, IF he indeed was unhappy and faking injuries in Buffalo...that's kind of on management to figure out when trading for a guy. We know he was injured the 2 previous years in Buffalo.

And, you claim I'm speculating. What I posted is backed up now in the Enquirer:

This is from the Cincinnati Enquirer:

"On The Enquirer’s Bengals Beat Podcast, it was reported that there was a belief around the team that Glenn doesn’t want to be in Cincinnati or play football for the Bengals and people in and out the locker room were questioning the legitimacy of Glenn’s prolonged concussion. Pro Football Talk’s report underscores the same information and includes a financial penalty."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/17/cincinnati-bengals-discipline-left-tackle-cordy-glenn/4013181002/
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think so.  The only time Marvin had a real contender was when he has really good coaches around him.  Gruden and Zimmer are good coaches.  I still believe Hue is a good coach and got a bad rap in Cleveland (fall guy).  But Marvin consistently had the team flat as a pancake, had horrible clock management, and no creativity or response to the other team's design in 7 consecutive playoff losses.

This team will go as far as their coaching staff takes them.  I still believe in ZT, but the DC is laughable in his inability to adapt to the other team's attack.  It is like groundhog day, one play after another.  Get ALex Grinch to run the defense and this team will get better in a hurry with some key FA.  It isn't impossible, just unlikely that they do that.  

Yeah, when one of Marvin's guys speaks to the team after a tough loss, I wouldn't say there's a culture problem just yet. It could be that team is purging itself of pukes like Cordy Glenn. Sometimes you gotta walk through the darkness to get to the light.

.....but hell, let's just take Twitter and Deadspin as the gospel and make an already craptastic situation seem even worse than it is. Rolleyes

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The part about it almost turning physical is interesting:

As one source explained it to PFT, things got heated on Wednesday. Glenn and a member of the Bengals’ coaching staff argued (a witness thought at one point that it was going to turn physical), and Glenn eventually told coach Zac Taylor to just cut him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know who I think it's on in this case? But, IF he indeed was unhappy and faking injuries in Buffalo...that's kind of on management to figure out when trading for a guy.

And, you claim I'm speculating. What I posted is now in the Enquirer:

"On The Enquirer’s Bengals Beat Podcast, it was reported that there was a belief around the team that Glenn doesn’t want to be in Cincinnati or play football for the Bengals and people in and out the locker room were questioning the legitimacy of Glenn’s prolonged concussion. Pro Football Talk’s report underscores the same information and includes a financial penalty."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/17/cincinnati-bengals-discipline-left-tackle-cordy-glenn/4013181002/

That seems a bit more credible than what you posted yesterday, which was the comment section from a Deadspin satire piece, no?

But even here, there is a key word....and it is BELIEF. In today's society of 'news', they report rumors as fact. I don't buy into that shit. Just a couple of weeks ago, it was 'reported' on this very site that AJ Green refused an extension. We didn't even need Maury Povich or a lie detector to determine that wasn't the case. If you're *looking* to find gloom and doom, it's easy to find in this era of Twitter news. If you're *looking* for the truth, well, that takes patience and perseverance. 

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know who I think it's on in this case? We've seen multiple Bengals want out over the years. But, IF he indeed was unhappy and faking injuries in Buffalo...that's kind of on management to figure out when trading for a guy. We know he was injured the 2 previous years in Buffalo.

And, you claim I'm speculating. What I posted is backed up now in the Enquirer:

As to the other....yep, that's on management. We all know that's the biggest issue with the team. In this particular case, I just think Glenn is looking to cash checks for sitting on his ass. That's not good for the team, especially when it's on the skids like it is now. You don't need guys like this around anywhere. The FO needs to try and get what they can for him. If there are no suitors, kick his ass to the curb.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: That seems a bit more credible than what you posted yesterday, which was the comment section from a Deadspin satire piece, no?

But even here, there is a key word....and it is BELIEF. In today's society of 'news', they report rumors as fact. I don't buy into that shit. Just a couple of weeks ago, it was 'reported' on this very site that AJ Green refused an extension. We didn't even need Maury Povich or a lie detector to determine that wasn't the case. If you're *looking* to find gloom and doom, it's easy to find in this era of Twitter news. If you're *looking* for the truth, well, that takes patience and perseverance. 

It actually wasn't the comment section. It appeared that people submitted comments to Deadspin and they actually inserted them in the article...meaning the author reviewed them and decided what to put in. The article was meant to be satire and people did try to be funny. And I posted on it that maybe it's true. Maybe it isn't.

re: Green - He hasn't signed an extension yet. We'll have to see how that plays out.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The part about it almost turning physical is interesting:

As one source explained it to PFT, things got heated on Wednesday. Glenn and a member of the Bengals’ coaching staff argued (a witness thought at one point that it was going to turn physical), and Glenn eventually told coach Zac Taylor to just cut him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

My guess is he got "called to the carpet" after things came to light. He got "punked" and didn't like it. So, instead of manning up, and proving his detractor wrong, he asked to be cut in the open. I'm sure both parties could have handled it better, but he was cleared to practice apparently, get off your ass and practice, or privately ask to be moved before suiting up.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: As to the other....yep, that's on management. We all know that's the biggest issue with the team. In this particular case, I just think Glenn is looking to cash checks for sitting on his ass. That's not good for the team, especially when it's on the skids like it is now. You don't need guys like this around anywhere. The FO needs to try and get what they can for him. If there are no suitors, kick his ass to the curb.

I do agree. We need a roster purge. Seems the only way to go.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Green - He hasn't signed an extension yet. We'll have to see how that plays out.

Yes, but the....key word time again.... SENSATIONALIST headline read like he outright refused to even consider an extension.  Instead, he actually came out and refuted what was said, claimed he wanted to stay here, and that there have been talks and they haven't agreed to terms.

See the difference?

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, but the....key word time again.... SENSATIONALIST headline read like he outright refused to even consider an extension.  Instead, he actually came out and refuted what was said, claimed he wanted to stay here, and that there have been talks and they haven't agreed to terms.

See the difference?

No doubt. I think he would be open to signing one here.

I wonder if he rejected an offer already?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do agree. We need a roster purge. Seems the only way to go.

Really, you are going to have to, and it's not going to be anything that will happen overnight. This team was built to suit Marvin's style, which was a bit outdated and more of a grind it out kinda team. Taylor is wanting to move into the more modern offensive era. We don't have the horses for that.

Here's where I'm at on him, and management. This season is more of a roster/coaches evaluation at this point. You see what you got on the roster, and you had to wait until the Super Bowl was over to fill out the staff that wasn't retained because of another one of Goodells silly rules. After it ends....you need to start getting three boards ready. One for the draft, one for FA targets, and one for coaches. You set out and get as many of your targets as you can this off-season. Rinse, repeat. Then maybe you can turn it around in a couple of seasons. If we go status quo? Put a fork in em.....

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No doubt. I think he would be open to signing one here.

I wonder if he rejected an offer already?

From somewhere else, or here?  Because it seems that they are at a point of bargaining here.

Reply/Quote
Also, it just came across my ticker that the team has suspended Glenn.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:10 PM)pally Wrote:

......and there you have it.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, but the....key word time again.... SENSATIONALIST headline read like he outright refused to even consider an extension.  Instead, he actually came out and refuted what was said, claimed he wanted to stay here, and that there have been talks and they haven't agreed to terms.

See the difference?

Thank you Wyche! I've been trying to think of a word about crap being posted on the internet and being copied on here, being taken as gospel! 

In a thread a couple of weeks ago about Glenn, I was going to call him a paycheck collector and he was done, but stopped short because I didn't have all of the facts. Now it seems I should have. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Thank you Wyche! I've been trying to think of a word about crap being posted on the internet and being copied on here, being taken as gospel! 

In a thread a couple of weeks ago about Glenn, I was going to call him a paycheck collector and he was done, but stopped short because I didn't have all of the facts. Now it seems I should have. 

Even the stuff ESPN posts is from 'unidentified sources' much of the time and sometimes turns out incorrect.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even the stuff ESPN posts is from 'unidentified sources' much of the time and sometimes turns out incorrect.

Very true
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness, could this season be any worse? Could there be any more nightmares to deal with?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In all seriousness, could this season be any worse? Could there be any more nightmares to deal with?

bite your tongue..

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote