Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenn suspended one game by the team....
Well he wanted more time to recover from his concussion. Most guys took a couple weeks he is taking a couple months.

Ya, he was really rushed.
Reply/Quote
I like the move when they traded for him but it sure hasn't worked out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Forget Glenn... where the hell is DreK and how he feels about everything?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 06:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: We'll just have to read the NFL Times: Fat Lazy Slob looking to be traded. Soft as fresh linen also. All trade inquiries contact Michael Brown at PBS... No offer refused    Tongue

At his best here last year, he was a 6 foot 8, 340 lb finesse guy. I'll never forget the Saints game that I went to where Mixon broke free of the defense on the left side with Glenn blocking. There was a DB there and instead of trucking him...Glenn meekly put both arms out and tried to push the DB. The guy tackled Mixon.

IF Glenn trucked him, it's at minimum a huge run and maybe a TD.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: At his best here last year, he was a 6 foot 8, 340 lb finesse guy. I'll never forget the Saints game that I went to where Mixon broke free of the defense on the left side with Glenn blocking. There was a DB there and instead of trucking him...Glenn meekly put both arms out and tried to push the DB. The guy tackled Mixon.

IF Glenn trucked him, it's at minimum a huge run and maybe a TD.

The old reach block and ole were his specialties in the run game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The old reach block and ole were his specialties in the run game. 

Isn't it funny though that another player apparently turns on the Bengals and now people dislike Glenn. He was never great or even above average here...but it's like the rose colored glasses are gone and fans realize he wasn't good.

The Bengals seem to covet guys past their prime in free agency and trades to some extent.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't it funny though that another player apparently turns on the Bengals and now people dislike Glenn. He was never great or even above average here...but it's like the rose colored glasses are gone and fans realize he wasn't good.

The Bengals seem to covet guys past their prime in free agency and trades to some extent.

Well I can say honestly that Sunset and myself are other ones that thought Glenn was being propped up a lot more than his play called for.

Yes I do remember seeing where Mixon's plays were reviewed in the off-season and there were some nice runs he had that could have been huge or even TDs

Glenn was one of the worst offenders for missing or going soft on  those!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't it funny though that another player apparently turns on the Bengals and now people dislike Glenn. He was never great or even above average here...but it's like the rose colored glasses are gone and fans realize he wasn't good.

I can't speak for anyone else, but i was never a fan of his effort as a run blocker. Or his injury history. I was, like a lot, surprised and happy when they signed him. It seemed like they had turned a corner in the way they view free agency. But he turned out to be just like the rest. Average and injured.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can't speak for anyone else, but i was never a fan of his effort as a run blocker. Or his injury history. I was, like a lot, surprised and happy when they signed him. It seemed like they had turned a corner in the way they view free agency. But he turned out to be just like the rest. Average and injured.

He really did take a drop after coming here. He was a very good tackle in Buffalo. It's frustrating to have a back like Mixon with absolutely zero blocking in front of him. This offense COULD resemble the Rams last year if Mixon could be utilized. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He really did take a drop after coming here. He was a very good tackle in Buffalo. It's frustrating to have a back like Mixon with absolutely zero blocking in front of him. This offense COULD resemble the Rams last year if Mixon could be utilized. 

He was good his rookie year and a beast in Buffalo from '13 thru '16, never grading lower than 78 those four years and he was above average in run blocking as well. His last year in Buffalo, he dropped down to average and his run blocking grade took a big hit as well. Last year he was below average overall and his run blocking was atrocious. 

'13-'16 he didn't miss a game. It wasn't until he got hurt that his play deteriorated. 

Then the Bengals signed him. Perfect timing as usual.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can't speak for anyone else, but i was never a fan of his effort as a run blocker. Or his injury history. I was, like a lot, surprised and happy when they signed him. It seemed like they had turned a corner in the way they view free agency. But he turned out to be just like the rest. Average and injured.

Much like the coaching changes...I think we're so conditioned to status quo that we basically want anything to happen.
Reply/Quote
That’s probably the end of Glenn as a Bengal. Can’t see him ever playing for us again after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 10:02 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: That’s probably the end of Glenn as a Bengal. Can’t see him ever playing for us again after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfffttt...here they'll probably try to extend him!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't it funny though that another player apparently turns on the Bengals and now people dislike Glenn. He was never great or even above average here...but it's like the rose colored glasses are gone and fans realize he wasn't good.

I think most of us realized he sucked last year. He wasn't anything special, and he got injured. Why do you think we were so excited when Jonah slipped to us? Personally I knew he was faking this shit, and mailing it in a month and some change ago... I certainly wasn't expecting him to come back and make any kind of difference.

Suspend his lazy, sorry ass for the rest of the season, then do whatever hurts the team least with him in the off-season... But **** that guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 08:27 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Forget Glenn... where the hell is DreK and how he feels about everything?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Dre said "That guy ain't shit...".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was good his rookie year and a beast in Buffalo from '13 thru '16, never grading lower than 78 those four years and he was above average in run blocking as well. His last year in Buffalo, he dropped down to average and his run blocking grade took a big hit as well. Last year he was below average overall and his run blocking was atrocious. 

'13-'16 he didn't miss a game. It wasn't until he got hurt that his play deteriorated. 

Don't you mean that it wasn't until he got paid, that is when his play and health deteriorated?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was good his rookie year and a beast in Buffalo from '13 thru '16, never grading lower than 78 those four years and he was above average in run blocking as well. His last year in Buffalo, he dropped down to average and his run blocking grade took a big hit as well. Last year he was below average overall and his run blocking was atrocious. 

Sounds to me like someone who just dosent want to play anymore. Just wants a check. He just needs to retire which leads to this question. If we try to trade him what’s to stop him from screwing the trade up by retiring? I imagine it’s something he can do right.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't you mean that it wasn't until he got paid, that is when his play and health deteriorated?

Yeah... For serious...

Then he self reports a concussion in what? The second preseason game? Now he's claiming he's being rushed back... THIS is the type of player who should be blackballed in the NFL. But once he's done here someone else will throw money at him, and he'll loaf again. I just hope the haves of the league take note, and relegate him to have not teams material.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Sounds to me like someone who just dosent want to play anymore. Just wants a check. He just needs to retire which leads to this question. If we try to trade him what’s to stop him from screwing the trade up by retiring? I imagine it’s something he can do right.

He just doesn't wanna play here...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:38 PM)jason Wrote: He just doesn't wanna play here...

Profootballtalk had an interview with Florio...and a guest...talking AJ Green. And this is all speculation, but they said that Green doesn't want to play until he's traded, but it's mutual with the Bengals not wanting him to play to avoid him getting injured.

I would normally say this was likely not true...but AJ did not practice this week. Last week he was atleast jogging and doing some activities.

Seems like there might be some smoke to this fire, but time will tell.

I hope that it isn't true. It does seem like over the last week that the trajectory AJ Green was on to play again here may have changed. It's really surprising he didn't practice this week.
Reply/Quote