Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glier's Goetta question
Heading to Ohio to visit family today and remembered everybody speaking fondly of this Goetta and was wondering where I may purchase it in the Miamisburg area ?

Will be in West Carrolton, Germantown, Franklin, and Middletown as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 09:18 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Heading to Ohio to visit family today and remembered everybody speaking fondly of this Goetta and was wondering where I may purchase it in the Miamisburg area ?

Will be in West Carrolton, Germantown, Franklin, and Middletown as well.

Should be able to get it at any Kroger.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 11:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Should be able to get it at any Kroger.

Thanks man looking forward to trying this stuff

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 12:28 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Thanks man looking forward to trying this stuff

I havent tried it yet either. However, we are going to Kroger in Greenville today and picking some up.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 12:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I havent tried it yet either. However, we are going to Kroger in Greenville today and picking some up.

After meat cutter told me had heard it was reallygood as well.
But said he said he himself could not get past the ingredients enough to try it even though he was certain it was spiced enough to taste good.

Got me to reading and decided not to haul a trunk load back to Louisville. 

Sorry, could not do it. Am a wuss I guess.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 04:41 PM)Go Cards Wrote: After meat cutter told me had heard it was reallygood as well.
But said he said he himself could not get past the ingredients enough to try it even though he was certain it was spiced enough to taste good.

Got me to reading and decided not to haul a trunk load back to Louisville. 

Sorry, could not do it. Am a wuss I guess.

Have you checked your Krogers in Louisville? I'd be surprised if they didn't stock it there.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I got mine today. 1 roll of original and 1 hot.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 05:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I got mine today. 1 roll of original and 1 hot.

Expect a full review

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 05:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I got mine today. 1 roll of original and 1 hot.

Also available in turkey and bacon, neither of which I've tried yet. Bacon's next on my list.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 01:54 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Also available in turkey and bacon, neither of which I've tried yet. Bacon's next on my list.

I didnt see any with Bacon or I would have bought them all. I friggin love bacon.

Reply/Quote
Follow the directions when cooking it. Preheat the griddle or pan to medium heat. I think it’s six minutes per side. You want somewhat crispy outside, tender inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Help me out here, what exactly is this product?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 03:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Help me out here, what exactly is this product?

If you want some, I can pick some up and pack it in dry ice and send it to you. Haven't tried it yet though, but sure I wont be disappointed.

[Image: img_42628x6_llqeud.jpg]

[Image: gliers_original_goetta.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 03:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If you want some, I can pick some up and pack it in dry ice and send it to you. Haven't tried it yet though, but sure I wont be disappointed.

[Image: img_42628x6_llqeud.jpg]

[Image: gliers_original_goetta.jpg]

You know, I may have tried something like that, when I was a kid.  I had a friend, who's grandparents were from Germany.  We spent the weekend with his grandparents for fishing at their lakehouse.  Anyway, his grandma fixed huge breakfast in the mornings, and I remember being served a type of sausage that was like nothing that I had ever tried.  I seem to remember liking it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 03:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, I may have tried something like that, when I was a kid.  I had a friend, who's grandparents were from Germany.  We spent the weekend with his grandparents for fishing at their lakehouse.  Anyway, his grandma fixed huge breakfast in the mornings, and I remember a sausage that was like nothing that I had ever tried.  I seem to remember liking it.

Re-word this or your going to force me to make fun.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 04:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Re-word this or your going to force me to make fun.  Hilarious

Yep, those juvenile sausage memories can get tricky  LOL

Reply/Quote
Goetta, over easy egg with american cheese melted on top, between two slices of toast.

OR

3 egg omelette with american cheese and goetta inside.

Thank me later.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I will never understand why it is not more widespread. The other breakfast meat. Love it
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2018, 02:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Expect a full review

I cooked both the original and the hot together. I thought it was good. My wife thought it was amazing. I also made stuffed peppers w/tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. I made red green and yellow and must say, although all were good, the red bell beeper really goes well with the goetta.

Reply/Quote
I have yet to try Gliers bacon goetta, but I have fried goetta with a couple of hickory cured bacon strips, and it is really good. Really good.

Another fun thing to do with goetta is make Scotch eggs using goetta instead of regular sausage. Not something I do more often than once or twice a year 'cause I hate the cleanup required when using the deep fryer. But I'm always happy with the finished product.

Reply/Quote