Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Glitch" allows non US citizens to vote in PA
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/09/20/it-undermines-integrity-of-elections-glitch-allows-non-citizens-in-pa-to-vote/

This brings up the question why are non US citizens allowed to have a drivers license anyway. Everywhere else I go I need to have an international license and must show this with your visa. The immigration issue could be Handled a lot easier if we didn't allow these people to blend in and hide among the citizens.

Quote:‘It Undermines Integrity Of Elections’: Glitch Allows Non-U.S. Citizens In Pa. To Vote

By Pat LoebSeptember 20, 2017 4:06 PM
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia City Commissioner Al Schmidt says a glitch in the state’s “motor-voter” process has allowed non-U.S. citizens to register to vote, even though he thinks they did so accidentally.

The glitch has had no impact on elections, as the number of people mistakenly registered was small, but Schmidt thinks that statewide there could be many more and he wants the state to review registrations. He also wants it to cross check all active voter registration records against all current PennDOT records containing INS Indicators.

Secretary of State Pedro Cortes issued a statement saying PennDOT is changing its system to prevent the problem in the future and has already made improvements. He did not address reviewing and cross checking registrations statewide. A spokeswoman for Cortes said they are conducting their own review.

Voting advocates say Schmidt’s concern is misplaced and they worry more about voter suppression, with a Trump administration panel looking for fraud even where there is no evidence of any.

Schmidt hastens to say he does not consider the non-citizen registrations as fraud.

Officer Comes To Driver’s Rescue After She Loses Engagement Ring While Changing Tire

“Voter fraud implies intent,” says Schmidt. “Voting irregularity is a vote that was not a legitimate vote but it’s not cast with the intention to commit fraud.”

Schmidt says 220 non-citizens have registered in the last 12 years and 90 of them actually voted.

He found three-quarters of them signed up when they got their driver’s license. He believes that’s because — even though they told PennDOT they were non-citizens — the automatic screens used during the process asked if they also wanted to register to vote. Non-citizens, living here legally, are allowed to drive but not vote, but Schmidt thinks they didn’t realize that.

“Maybe they think it’s a sign of their civic participation and then find out down the line they’re not eligible to vote and they contact our office and ask that their registration be cancelled,” he says.

He says there may be many more who didn’t contact the office.

$338 Million Powerball Winner Charged With Sexually Assaulting Child

David Thornburgh, president and CEO of the election watchdog, The Committee of Seventy, doubts that.

“I can’t believe this would be the tip of the iceberg,” he says. “I don’t understand why this surfaces right now. This is a miniscule number, about .02 percent of all the city’s registered voters. I don’t get it.”

Thornburgh points to a study by the non-partisan Keystone Votes that found 17,000 registrations in Philadelphia were processed late, making the potential disenfranchisement of legitimate voters a bigger problem than the accidental registering of non-citizens.

But Schmidt says he has another concern.

“It undermines the integrity of elections and it undermines their own chances of becoming citizens,” Schmidt says. “That’s very unfair, as well.”

Tackle Football Before Age 12 Can Cause Brain Damage, Study Says

Cortes agrees and says the state was taking action even before it heard from Schmidt. Here is his statement:

“In August 2016, the department changed the order and simplified the language of the Motor Voter screens. After selecting a language, applicants are immediately asked if they are U.S. citizens. If the answer is no, the process stops and no further Motor Voter questions are presented to the PennDOT customer.

“At the same time, we increased the number of languages offered with Motor Voter screens from only English and Spanish to an additional 12 options. The enhancement is in place at 89 of 97 PennDOT locations and the rollout will be complete in a few weeks. This will greatly reduce the chances of PennDOT’s non-citizen customers inadvertently clicking through the screen.

“Additionally, the department is changing the Motor Voter system so non-citizens will not even see the Motor Voter screens. We are also placing additional notices to inform all applicants of laws regarding voter registration.

“The Department of State, the Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania’s county election professionals are committed to protecting the rights of eligible citizens to vote. The freedom we cherish was built on this right and generations of Americans have fought to remove unfair barriers to this right.”
From the story:
The glitch has had no impact on elections...

So...?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-24-2017, 11:51 AM)Benton Wrote: From the story:

So...?

In philly. He did mention an issue state wide.

It doesn't affect philly since they are so heavily leftist anyway.
(09-24-2017, 11:58 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In philly.   He did mention an issue state wide.

It doesn't affect philly since they are so heavily leftist anyway.

Just sounds like trying to make something out of nothing.

"Irresponsible parent" allows child access to murder millions
By Benton

JACKSON, MISS. — In an unexpected twist today, an irresponsible man allowed his 3-year old son to have access to weapons of mass destruction.

John Dough admitted Thursday that he had left at least one bottle of bleach and at least one bottle of ammonia inside the family garage. Dough confirmed via a social media post that there "may have been more than one bottle. How the **** am I supposed to know what's in the garage?"

Dr. Von Scientist with Santa Clarita Junior College said mixing the two chemicals could potentially kill millions if volumes were large enough.

"Yes, I agree it's theoretically possible, but — " Von Scientist said.

Dough was watching television when police raided his home to confiscate the chemicals. His 3-year old son Play was also home at the time. It's possible Play could have found concentrations large enough to kill millions of people based off of Von Scientist's confirmation.

As of presstime, the toddler had not committed mass murder.

Mellow

(09-24-2017, 12:16 PM)Benton Wrote: Just sounds like trying to make something out of nothing.

"Irresponsible parent" allows child access to murder millions
By Benton

JACKSON, MISS. — In an unexpected twist today, an irresponsible man allowed his 3-year old son to have access to weapons of mass destruction.

John Dough admitted Thursday that he had left at least one bottle of bleach and at least one bottle of ammonia inside the family garage. Dough confirmed via a social media post that there "may have been more than one bottle. How the **** am I supposed to know what's in the garage?"

Dr. Von Scientist with Santa Clarita Junior College said mixing the two chemicals could potentially kill millions if volumes were large enough.

"Yes, I agree it's theoretically possible, but — " Von Scientist said.

Dough was watching television when police raided his home to confiscate the chemicals. His 3-year old son Play was also home at the time. It's possible Play could have found concentrations large enough to kill millions of people based off of Von Scientist's confirmation.

As of presstime, the toddler had not committed mass murder.

Mellow

There has been story after story showing that illegals are unable to vote despite claims of voter fraud. This is more voter fraud and just shows why motor voter is not a good thing unless you do the right thing by not allowing citizens to have a drivers license.

So...?

You have non-citizens voting. Not sure how anyone can view this as a "so" issue. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-24-2017, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have non-citizens voting. Not sure how anyone can view this as a "so" issue. 

Because it's not Russia.
Quote:220 non-citizens have registered in the last 12 years and 90 of them actually voted.

In another 100000 years or so we'll be up tot eh 3 million Trump and his minions believe voted illegally in 2016.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-24-2017, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have non-citizens voting. Not sure how anyone can view this as a "so" issue. 

We've got a lot of issues. Just with election laws period, like how some groups round up senior citizens, many with dementia, and take them to vote. Or how religious groups use tax free dollars to influence voters versus other groups, who have tax liabilities. deceptove marketing that allows misinformation.

I'd address those issues waaaaaaaay before I worried about .001 of the vote being tainted.
(09-24-2017, 02:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: In another 100000 years or so we'll be up tot eh 3 million Trump and his minions believe voted illegally in 2016.   Mellow

90 of them voted over the past 12 years years out of a population of $1.6 million?

HOLY SHIT IT'S WORSE THAN I THOUGHT!!!

That means 0.000004% of the votes in Philly were fraudulent!
(09-24-2017, 03:41 PM)Benton Wrote: We've got a lot of issues. Just with election laws period, like how some groups round up senior citizens, many with dementia, and take them to vote. Or how religious groups use tax free dollars to influence voters versus other groups, who have tax liabilities. deceptove marketing that allows misinformation.

I'd address those issues waaaaaaaay before I worried about .001 of the vote being tainted.

Never said there weren't other issues. It's just non-citizens voting doesn't get a "so" from me. 

So...?

My thoughts exactly.
The representative who helped write and push the bill through is the brother of one of my middle school teachers. Everybody hated the teacher. Dude was extremely closed minded, rude and find any reason to yell. So many complaints from parents he started threatening to say horrible things about your abilities and behavior if your parents called him. Keep in mind, these are 11 and 12 years old.

The teacher always bragged about his brother being a politician and everybody joked we are all going to vote against his brother when we were old enough since he represented our district. The year we graduated he lost his reelection bid by 112 votes after holding the seat for 25 years. Based on when that teacher started working at my school, I'd say 5 or 6 graduating classes worth of students would have had him as a teacher and then been old enough to vote at that point.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(09-24-2017, 01:40 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Because it's not Russia.

Who knew that being OK with non-citizens voting was a partisan issue. 

(09-24-2017, 09:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knew that being OK with non-citizens voting was a partisan issue. 

It's not. Ninety people out of a population of 1.6 million is less than 1% of 1% of 1%.

I bet if you scored 99.994% on a test you would feel pretty good about the results.
(09-24-2017, 09:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's not. Ninety people out of a population of 1.6 million is less than 1% of 1% of 1%.

I bet if you scored 99.994% on a test you would feel pretty good about the results.

An estimated 5 million people have dementia and are over voting age. That is expected to triple over the next 20 years.

We could address that... or... we could worry about 90 people over the last decade who may have voted in Philly.

Resources are not infinite. Locally (like Philly) or nationally, we have to decide what are important issues. 
(09-24-2017, 10:18 PM)Benton Wrote: An estimated 5 million people have dementia and are over voting age. That is expected to triple over the next 20 years.

We could address that... or... we could worry about 90 people over the last decade who may have voted in Philly.

Resources are not infinite. Locally (like Philly) or nationally, we have to decide what are important issues. 

Or just not issue driver licenses to non us citizens. Let them use an international license.
(09-24-2017, 03:41 PM)Benton Wrote: We've got a lot of issues. Just with election laws period, like how some groups round up senior citizens, many with dementia, and take them to vote. Or how religious groups use tax free dollars to influence voters versus other groups, who have tax liabilities. deceptove marketing that allows misinformation.

Agreed--when thousands are disenfranchised in a single city, why do people get incensed over a few accidental illegal votes statewide?  

Thornburgh points to a study by the non-partisan Keystone Votes that found 17,000 registrations in Philadelphia were processed late, making the potential disenfranchisement of legitimate voters a bigger problem than the accidental registering of non-citizens.

Hurry hurry, one of you Drumph lovers get this information, that .0000000001% of votes in the state of Pa were fraudulent, to Drumph so he can have that nitwit congressman from Kansas or Oklahoma look into it! Drumph was right. ThumbsUp
The article showed Non-Citizens are voting in our elections. I have no how they voted or the number that voted and to me that is irrelevant. The only reasons folks have given to excuse this is "there wasn't that many" or "there are worse things".

I assume those folks just think PA should not try to fix the problem, because........