Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Chance Dalton & Green are Gone In 2020.
(12-21-2019, 07:04 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I am going to write something on here many of you do not know about and just maybe do not believe this but here goes.Alot of the successful QBs are born in AUGUST.I need to know what month and day Joe Borrow is born.How tall he is,his weight,right or left handed,how big is his hands,and is he close to his family,and all that.This is important stuff,believe it.Tom Brady is a leo,born in august,Boomer is a leo,born in August,and there are more qbs born in august.just sayin,they seem to have the it factor and are people that want to win at everything.

Burrow just had a birthday, so there's that. Also that's a pretty small sample size in Brady and Boomer. One of them way more successful than the other too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 07:04 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I am going to write something on here many of you do not know about and just maybe do not believe this but here goes.Alot of the successful QBs are born in AUGUST.I need to know what month and day Joe Borrow is born.How tall he is,his weight,right or left handed,how big is his hands,and is he close to his family,and all that.This is important stuff,believe it.Tom Brady is a leo,born in august,Boomer is a leo,born in August,and there are more qbs born in august.just sayin,they seem to have the it factor and are people that want to win at everything.

Fred, is that you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 04:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s be honest it was really 2 big misses that set us back. Og and Fisher. Although the Ross pick certainly didn’t help. I thought Taylor’s first draft here was terrible, but I don’t think it’s impossible for an elite QB to succeed here.

The defense has been looking better, the OL has been looking better, if Burrow is the real deal, Taylor can figure out his play calling, and we have a couple better drafts in a row, and use the money we’ll save on Dalton (and maybe AJ) on some decent FA’s, well...we might have a chance to be competitive sooner rather than later.

And yes that’s a lot of if’s.

All those ifs are known as the dead cat bounce. 

It is what this team does every losing season and what gives people hope that this draft pick or this guy returning from injury will be the magic fix.

The magic fix is Mike Brown giving up complete control and hiring real NFL front office people or... at least accepting his way doesn't work and allowing the coaches to say which players are needed from Free Agency.

Until one of those two things happens or we just have a streak of 3 or 4 straight great drafts where we find All-Pros in round 4 even, this team is going to be bad.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Cmon folks..Is there really any Bengal fans who don't think the team ownership is going to suddenly become football geniuses as they get older when everything they've ever done indicates extreme stupidity? The very hallmark of becoming a genius is tied directly to senility, being generally hated and stinginess and greed. 
No? I am shocked..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Assuming Andy moves on we will need a QB to start until the OL is good enough to hold up against the better defenses and we have a proper WR and TE core. Otherwise we are just throwing a potential Burrow pick to the wolves.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: Assuming Andy moves on we will need a QB to start until the OL is good enough to hold up against the better defenses and we have a proper WR and TE core. Otherwise we are just throwing a potential Burrow pick to the wolves.

This is why I have been against drafting him.

Too many holes and too much pressure on a rookie QB with one year of production paired with an inexperienced coaching staff.

Bulk up the O-line, get an impact player at LB.

They'll be just as much hype next year about whoever the top two or three guys are coming out in the draft.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I agree Andy will be gone next year. I’d like to see AJ signed to a new deal. When healthy, he’s one of the best. Having him, Boyd, and Ross, plus Mixon and Bernard, would be a big advantage for Burrow. I think they could resign Eifert at a bargain price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 02:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow has not played a single down in the NFL. Neither you, or anyone else know if he’ll be “good enough.”

He won't be, but keep dreaming your silly little dreams.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:42 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: He won't be, but keep dreaming your silly little dreams.

And I’m sure you’ll go MIA if he is!

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:42 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: He won't be, but keep dreaming your silly little dreams.

And why not?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 04:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s be honest it was really 2 big misses that set us back. Og and Fisher. Although the Ross pick certainly didn’t help. I thought Taylor’s first draft here was terrible, but I don’t think it’s impossible for an elite QB to succeed here.

The defense has been looking better, the OL has been looking better, if Burrow is the real deal, Taylor can figure out his play calling, and we have a couple better drafts in a row, and use the money we’ll save on Dalton (and maybe AJ) on some decent FA’s, well...we might have a chance to be competitive sooner rather than later.

And yes that’s a lot of if’s.

You can add Billy Price to this list as well.  So disappointing.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 12:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: Cmon folks..Is there really any Bengal fans who don't think the team ownership is going to suddenly become football geniuses as they get older when everything they've ever done indicates extreme stupidity? The very hallmark of becoming a genius is tied directly to senility, being generally hated and stinginess and greed. 
No? I am shocked..

Those who see the glass empty with ownership I suggest you hope for"

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Maybe our FO can find a franchise QB to start the foundation for the next decade.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You can add Billy Price to this list as well.  So disappointing.  

Yep. With Hopkins being an UDFA, we haven’t really drafted a decent OL since Zeitler.

Hopefully Jonah Williams breaks that streak...

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 12:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. With Hopkins being an UDFA, we haven’t really drafted a decent OL since Zeitler.

Hopefully Jonah Williams breaks that streak...

The bad draft and development of our OL is a big reason our team went from playoffs to basement.

I agree, let's hope Jonah is the real deal we retain Hopkins and develop Price and Jordan.
 I know Hart gets a lot of crap, but he has improved, but has a way to go so hopefully he also improves.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 02:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The bad draft and development of our OL is a big reason our team went from playoffs to basement.

I agree, let's hope Jonah is the real deal we retain Hopkins and develop Price and Jordan.
 I know Hart gets a lot of crap, but he has improved, but has a way to go so hopefully he also improves.

WhoDey2  Hopefully Hart is nothing but a bad memory. Since we have Fred Johnson and with a competent rookie draft pick he should be... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 02:06 AM)kevin Wrote: I knew Green wasn't signed.  I just found out Bengals don't have to pay Dalton, they can get rid of him at no salary cap hit.  Now you take those 2 big veteran Pro Bowl contracts away and you have money to rebuild for 2020's.  Neither Green or Dalton will be here 2029, and they also fall into the What Have They Done Lately category.  You can add in Eifert contract on that to go.

I'm sure Bengals are looking at Burrow.  He would be signed cheaper than Dalton at first, top pick and all.  The NFL changed things a couple years ago and the rookies draft picks aren't paid through the ceiling the way it was getting out of hand.  A Burrow would get good money, but not veteran Pro Bowl money, not at first.

If the 1-13 Bengals dump Green and Dalton they owe them no money, no salary cap hit.  That free's up money for the new players we all agree this team needs.  So expect this to be just as year Carson & Chad left same year and enter Green & Dalton in 2011, only without the soap opera.  More business than soap opera.

To Green and Dalton Fans I get wanting them back.  At 1-13 it just makes more sense to dump the 2 biggest contracts on the team like pulling off a band-aid all at once.   The Bengals will have mega bucks for new players.  To those that say they already have some cap space, even better.  

We are entering all new quarterbacks in the AFC North anyway.  The question is who gets the best one.  Right now it's Jackson, then Mayfield, then Rudolph, then Finley.  The 2020's are here.  Which team takes the lead.  I can see the desire for a Burrow to be way up on this list of names.

They are all set up to make big changes like 2011, and at 1-13 and the awful 2018 season and not very good 2017 season and 2016 season, I welcome the changes.  I've seen the team get worse and worse since 2015.  Now at rock bottom it's time to start climbing back up.   I felt this way after the awful 2008 and 2010 season, if Chad and Carson want to go, GOOD, get some new players in here.  Just like 2011, it's time to dump the biggest contracts again in 2020.  

It's not personal Sonny.  Just like Pop, it's Business.  Neither Green or Dalton are the long range Future, and at 1-13 going into a new decade it's the long range Future this franchise has a chance to go for NOW, THIS DRAFT. The good news is most teams in AFC North find themselves in rebuilding mode other than Ravens, so Bengals can maybe rebuild as fast as Steelers and Browns.   Bengals can't stand pat and put off the rebuild and fall behind Steelers and Browns on this. 1-13 is not just a number, it's a fact this team needs major changes like after 2008 and 2010. It's not personal Sonny, it's Business just like Pop.

I bring this back heading into March Free Agency.   In spite of rumors, I have read Green wants out of Cincy and I believe it true.  I believe he could have played in 2019, but saved himself for Free Agency.  I read the 49ers and Bills are interested, but I'm sure many teams are.  

If Green doesn't want to play here, I don't want him back,  The Franchise Tag will make him mad as most players hate being Franchise Tagged.  That's a good way to have him on the sidelines all year again.  The man wants out of Cincy, that was pretty clear to see in 2019.   Plus Bengals didn't resign him, so Bengals Front Office didn't seem interested on keeping him. 

Then there is Dalton and Bengals can get out of his contract right now with no cap hit.  So don't look for Burrow and Dalton on the same team.  One of those salaries is going to go.  

In spite of rumors,  I still look for 2 Win Bengals to dump the 2 biggest contracts on the team and rebuild.  The window of opportunity has closed on the 2011 Bengals.  All new coaches.  With the 1st pick in every round, this team will be building for the Roaring 20's Decade. 

So I bring this back to say, Don't be surprised if AJ Green and Dalton are on other teams before March is over. As in the Godfather, It's not personal Sonny, it's just business.  The money of Pro Football tells me they are gone, or they would have already been signed long term last summer.  AJ Green wants to test the Free Agent waters and maybe end up on a Winner before he calls it quits. Dalton doesn't want to ride the pines behind Burrow. Mike Brown has let both of their contracts run out. I see this 2 Win team with all new coaches going for youth in long range rebuild, Green & Dalton the past, not the future.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 02:26 PM)kevin Wrote: I bring this back heading into March Free Agency.   In spite of rumors, I have read Green wants out of Cincy and I believe it true.  I believe he could have played in 2019, but saved himself for Free Agency.  I read the 49ers and Bills are interested, but I'm sure many teams are.  

If Green doesn't want to play here, I don't want him back,  The Franchise Tag will make him mad as most players hate being Franchise Tagged.  That's a good way to have him on the sidelines all year again.  The man wants out of Cincy, that was pretty clear to see in 2019.   Plus Bengals didn't resign him, so Bengals Front Office didn't seem interested on keeping him. 

Then there is Dalton and Bengals can get out of his contract right now with no cap hit.  So don't look for Burrow and Dalton on the same team.  One of those salaries is going to go.  

In spite of rumors,  I still look for 2 Win Bengals to dump the 2 biggest contracts on the team and rebuild.  The window of opportunity has closed on the 2011 Bengals.  All new coaches.  With the 1st pick in every round, this team will be building for the Roaring 20's Decade. 

So I bring this back to say, Don't be surprised if AJ Green and Dalton are on other teams before March is over. As in the Godfather, It's not personal Sonny, it's just business.  The money of Pro Football tells me they are gone, or they would have already been signed long term last summer.  AJ Green wants to test the Free Agent waters and maybe end up on a Winner before he calls it quits. Dalton doesn't want to ride the pines behind Burrow. Mike Brown has let both of their contracts run out. I see this 2 Win team with all new coaches going for youth in long range rebuild, Green & Dalton the past, not the future.

He's going nowhere.

Stop.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 01:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, it's just the way it is.  Geez, think of how excited we were to move on from the awful Palmer/Chad era and get onto our instant success with Dalton and Green being young and wanting to be here and so on and here we are 9 years later watching them want out and being disappointed with their output and looking for the next duo all the same.

Part of me saw this coming, but I thought I was just being negative as usual.

well the reason Dalton wants out is they benched him last year for finley…   any QB would leave after that.

that and he doesn't want to be a backup for a year which futher reduces is chances of another starting gig.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 02:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's going nowhere.

Stop.

so pay him another 18 mil not to play in 2020?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 02:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so pay him another 18 mil not to play in 2020?

Whatever the tag is.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote