Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good chance Zac Taylor is fired if we lose next week?
Remember when they evaluated Hart and thought it was a good idea to bring him back? There’s your answer!
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:38 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If he gets swept by Cleveland, I could actually see Mike firing Zac

With the coaches scouting, they wont fire them all and lose that 2 years in a row.
Reply/Quote
0.0% chance of him being gone. Teams don't often let coaches go one and done. Mike Brown gives his coaches the longest leash.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:38 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If he gets swept by Cleveland, I could actually see Mike firing Zac

Who Dey This. If we lose to the 'stains a 2nd time. This is Mike Brown's boiling point. Look how long it took to get rid of Marvin.

Didn't happen until he got swept by the 'stains...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 01:46 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: 0.0% chance of him being gone. Teams don't often let coaches go one and done. Mike Brown gives his coaches the longest leash.

Special exemptions are often made for coaches who go 1-15 while looking lost.

Steve Wilks, Jim Tonsula, Cam Cameron and Mike Mularky are some recent examples.

That said, we're not a normal team. Mike's tolerance of losing is legendary.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:59 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: What does everybody think?

Is Zac Taylor 1 and done?

I bet my life he is back
Reply/Quote
Lol. Never going to happen. They’ll rewrite his contract and extend him for a decade before they’d fire him.

However, if they do fire him, then that’s a big sign that someone with some semblance of brains is in charge.

ZT isn’t it. I pray they figure that out before they ruin another first pick’s entire career.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:59 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: What does everybody think?

Is Zac Taylor 1 and done?

I think a 1 win season is pretty bad and maybe this baby faced coach shouldn't be an NFL Head Coach.   If they keep him, he better come out of the gate winning next season.  If he starts 0-3, he shouldn't be around the next week to go 0-4.  Yes, a 1 win season is worst season in Bengals History.   Last season was awful also.  This team last 2 years is now worse than 1990's and early 2000's Bungles.   With Rudolph Reindeer on at Christmas,  I have to say that these are some Humble Bumbles. ....They are now the worst Bengals team ever, and you have to go pretty low to be the worst Bengals team ever, because there's been some mighty bad ones. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 09:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: [Image: the_three_stooges.jpg]

Ah, a wiseguy, eh?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's as likely to be fired as I am to be hired.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I don't see it happening....Well maybe if Mike could somehow sweet talk Marvin back into the building. I could actually see Mike Brown doing something like that.
Reply/Quote
Normally I would support giving him a couple of more years. But Jay Gruden is out there and he did well here as OC. I'd like to see him come back as HC.
Reply/Quote
There's NO chance Taylor is fired after this season, and he shouldn't be. Like I said before, and you all blasted me for, I think Taylor will turn into a fine head coach. I point no further than the 16 points scored in 32 seconds yesterday to show that this team does not quit, and that's because they believe in him and want to play hard for him. This is the same team that laid down and barely showed up for Marvin in his last year. Taylor will be back, with HIS new QB, and the 1st pick in every round of the draft, plus getting Jonah and AJ back. Next year will be a totally different story.....
Reply/Quote
He won't be and he shouldn't be.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 04:13 AM)BengalB Wrote: ZT isn’t it. I pray they figure that out before they ruin another first pick’s entire career.

That's some solid truth right there.  If Zac is retained then picking Joe Burrow might not be so smart.  Elite players can overcome certain bad situations but no one overcomes bad coaching and playcalling.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 10:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There's NO chance Taylor is fired after this season, and he shouldn't be. Like I said before, and you all blasted me for, I think Taylor will turn into a fine head coach. I point no further than the 16 points scored in 32 seconds yesterday to show that this team does not quit, and that's because they believe in him and want to play hard for him. This is the same team that laid down and barely showed up for Marvin in his last year. Taylor will be back, with HIS new QB, and the 1st pick in every round of the draft, plus getting Jonah and AJ back. Next year will be a totally different story.....

Exactly. Firing Taylor after 1 season makes zero sense. Teams take time to build and this one was very broken.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
I said if ZT went 0-16, he may be fired prior to the season starting.

I am not happy with him, but feel shockingly he stills has a 1-14 team playing hard. Yesterday was impressive, most 1-13 teams would have packed it in when down 23 and lost by 30.

He will and should get one more year. BTW, I tried to tell fans change is not guaranteed to be better. ML was a lot of things, but as of now head and shoulders a better head coach than ZT thus far.

I wish we would bring ML back as our DC and make him an assistant head coach with ZT. Do it for a couple of years and then move ML to the FO.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It is possible to improve after one year at a new job.

Chuck Noll 1-13
Bill Walsh 2-14
Jimmy Johnson 1-15
Bill Parcells 3-12-1
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 09:09 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Nope. Went 2 my 1st game 1981.

Learn to spell "to" first and we'll talk.. Mellow I was legally drinking hard liquor by 1981..and dating a cheating stripper who I later married much to my mother's objections..mostly because of the bengals, but that's another story..(not the marriage part)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:53 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: It is possible to improve after one year at a new job.

Chuck Noll 1-13
Bill Walsh 2-14
Jimmy Johnson 1-15
Bill Parcells 3-12-1

These are outliers not the actual trend. Zac Taylor isn't even in the same ballpark as those four. He shouldn't be coaching a high school team.
Reply/Quote