Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good chance Zac Taylor is fired if we lose next week?
(12-24-2019, 02:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If they DO lose to the Browns, he will become the new leader for the worst franchise HC record at 1-15!

That’s gotta count for something.

It is amazing ZT is at risk of setting multiple losing records since it's his first season and we have done so much losing as a franchise. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 08:27 AM)Big Boss Wrote: And that 1 win was against a shitty Jets team.  They can't hide behind injuries, because even Marvin Lewis managed to squeak out a few wins with decimated rosters.  This organization justifies skimping on free agency and building through the draft because they think we have the talent here already, so by their logic it can't be a talent issue.  So if it's not injuries, and it's not talent, then what's left to blame?  

In the end, I suspect this organization will scapegoat Dalton and try to sell Burrow as the fix-all.  Any other decent organization out there would see that Taylor is in way over his head.  The lack of experience this coaching staff needs addressing.  Simple as that.   

I am not sure which is more pathetic - the scapegoating plan or the fact that the Inbreds actually think this roster has talent.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:38 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If he gets swept by Cleveland, I could actually see Mike firing Zac

I don't think that will happen but perhaps it will lead to Mike wiping the cobwebs off the safe and actually signing some quality FA's. 

I know i know LOL. But the man really hates losing to the team that fired daddy.

This is why i hope they get crushed. Not to mention if we beat them Mike will see that (a long with the Miami game), as a sign the team is headed in the right direction and everything will be fine when our injured players return next year.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 08:02 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I don't think that will happen but perhaps it will lead to Mike wiping the cobwebs off the safe and actually signing some quality FA's. 

I know i know LOL. But the man really hates losing to the team that fired daddy.

This is why i hope they get crushed. Not to mention if we beat them Mike will see that (a long with the Miami game), as a sign the team is headed in the right direction and everything will be fine when our injured players return next year.

Agreed, not very often I root for the Stains but I am this week.
Reply/Quote
I really hope so
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 08:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, not very often I root for the Stains but I am this week.

Think about this,forget this season and the brownies,if they bring in a new qb and a new coach,who are they going to go after that wants this job as a HC with all the choking down of this lousy front office . Only in the nati are we without a REAL scouting dept and  for goodness sake a GM,THAT this front office does not know what that word
 means. We are so far behind EVERYONE in the nfl,its going to take years after he is gone to be legit.Bringing in a shiny new toy like Joe Borrow will not change things.ZT does not run the RPO AND wants to put three receivers out there and for the qb to step back there and have time to hit them.Dalton nor this horrible line has the time to do that and ZT refuses to change to running Joe and have rpo in place.Its insane.Did we really get so bad in one year we could not win but one lousy game against a terrible team???I do not look for much improvement next season,after all we are in the physical eat dog and kill cat all day long division.People outside of this division do not know what they are up against until they play the Afcnorth. One more losing season like this and all the good players we have are going to demand to be traded. Now that we are closer to the draft,alot of folks will believe we will strike GOLD and the championship is coming in 2020.Remember all other 31 teams get better too and they have real football people making the calls,living in the nati is pure torture.50 years and counting and no end in sight.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 09:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Given the massive downgrade we took when we gleefully replaced the last set of coaches, I'd be both intrigued and terrified to see who would show up next.

Every time I think it can’t get worse the Front Office proves me wrong.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 03:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Every time I think it can’t get worse the Front Office proves me wrong.

I think having the #1 pick could actually draw a decent coach. At least one with more talent than Zac (though that's not hard). This is why I am on board with canning Zac and moving on. We actually have a way to draw interest from a decent coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 02:25 PM)cj1895 Wrote: I think having the #1 pick could actually draw a decent coach. At least one with more talent than Zac (though that's not hard). This is why I am on board with canning Zac and moving on. We actually have a way to draw interest from a decent coach.

This is an outstanding observation, CJ. I think Zac Taylor “peaked” in Week One in Seattle and that unfortunately seems to be his ceiling. I like Zac personally but as a coach he’s in over his head. One doesn’t have a running back like Joe Mixon and throw the ball 55 times per game. I’m sorry, but you find a way to get Mixon the ball and you teach the offensive linemen to run block correctly until they get it right.
Reply/Quote
All the hand wringing on this board gives me arthritis..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Good Lord, the jury is still out on Taylor for one simple reason - talent.

The offensive line was looking pretty good until - Cordy got a concussion that lasted several months, Boling retired, Jonah got injured. The offense might have had a shot if they had a healthy O-line and AJ wouldn't have missed the entire season.

I don't know what to think of Taylor yet. I don't know too many guys that could have won with this offense. That being said, they have played for him and haven't given up. I said from the beginning of this year that I don't think this is the year to judge him on, next year will be the true barometer.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 02:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is an outstanding observation, CJ. I think Zac Taylor “peaked” in Week One in Seattle and that unfortunately seems to be his ceiling. I like Zac personally but as a coach he’s in over his head. One doesn’t have a running back like Joe Mixon and throw the ball 55 times per game. I’m sorry, but you find a way to get Mixon the ball and you teach the offensive linemen to run block correctly until they get it right.

A good coach would not be 1-15 with this roster. If our coaches were good we would have won 3-6 games. I'm glad we didn't but Zac is the difference from a bad season to setting records for futility.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Zac will be fired. We could have went 0-16 and he would still be the coach next year. MB Would just call it growing pains and promise fans that Zac is the next best thing. Just needs time, 2,3 16 years whatever it takes.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 01:01 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I don’t think Zac will be fired. We could have went 0-16 and he would still be the coach next year. MB Would just call it growing pains and promise fans that Zac is the next best thing. Just needs time, 2,3 16 years whatever it takes.

WhoDey2  I see what you did there... Ninja  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 05:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It is amazing ZT is at risk of setting multiple losing records since it's his first season and we have done so much losing as a franchise. 

We're talking about a franchise that defines success as going 9-7 every four years or so.  

We're talking about a franchise that would rather fiddle while Rome burned than admit that they were wrong about anything.

We're talking about a franchise that manages to find new and creative ways to shoot themselves in the foot in a world where they could literally hire people to tell them how to do things properly with their nepotist money.

We're talking about a franchise that would be perfectly content with NEVER winning a playoff game so long as they could cherry pick some rando stats and claim a winning record from time to time.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 02:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is an outstanding observation, CJ.  I think Zac Taylor “peaked” in Week One in Seattle and that unfortunately seems to be his ceiling.  I like Zac personally but as a coach he’s in over his head.  One doesn’t have a running back like Joe Mixon and throw the ball 55 times per game.  I’m sorry, but you find a way to get Mixon the ball and you teach the offensive linemen to run block correctly until they get it right.

Right.

For all of you guys in "wait mode" on Zac and judging his coaching abilities.

You have a drive that Mixon is willing his way down the field looking like the stud we know he is.

So then what does Taylor do at the goal line...  pass 3 times?!?

What. A. Moron.

If anything this just goes to show he has no business being an OC let alone a HC.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 05:46 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Zac Taylor's (offense)in parentheses simply because he calls the plays every week is absolutely pathetic..I feel sorry for Zac because he truly has no clue it's not his fault ownership hired him in the first place..

Zero second half touchdowns for 8 straight weeks is telling, and to make matters even worse your defensive coordinator sucks probably more than you do as OC...we need competence from a coaching perspective not on the job training and I blame ownership for all of this..Moot point though when dealing with the brown family I'll just watch from here on, won't spend my time or hard earned money anymore until ownership takes the fans seriously..

No #1 and #3 WRs ,  no starting LT and Guard. Best Tackle in the draft on IR. I can't for the life of me see why we aren't an offensive juggernaut and going to the POs. I can't believe that some people can't realize that this was a franchise on life support when Zac took over. MB refused to spend in free agency so is it really any wonder that we are in the position we are now in? 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:23 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: No #1 and #3 WRs ,  no starting LT and Guard. Best Tackle in the draft on IR. I can't for the life of me see why we aren't an offensive juggernaut and going to the POs. I can't believe that some people can't realize that this was a franchise on life support when Zac took over. MB refused to spend in free agency so is it really any wonder that we are in the position we are now in? 

Auden Tate was a decent #3 WR this season. 575 yds in 12 games. We were really just missing that true #1.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Auden Tate was a decent #3 WR this season. 575 yds in 12 games. We were really just missing that true #1.

Which one? Green, Glenn, Williamson, or Ross?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:23 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: No #1 and #3 WRs ,  no starting LT and Guard. Best Tackle in the draft on IR. I can't for the life of me see why we aren't an offensive juggernaut and going to the POs. I can't believe that some people can't realize that this was a franchise on life support when Zac took over. MB refused to spend in free agency so is it really any wonder that we are in the position we are now in? 

I get that.

But did all of those things lead to bad play-calling and a bevy of people who say that ZT should be relieved of his duties by an overwhelming majority of fans?

Also who was the genius behind the team's defensive scheme that had 2 poor slow linebackers trying to cover more field?

Really bad draft to boot.

A lot of asinine decisions made this season.

It wasn't all on injury woes.

A few different coaching decisions could have turned to wins but as you said all of those things plus the those I mentioned torpedoed the season.

Zac and those losers in the front office have to take ownership of failure as well.  
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote