Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good chance Zac Taylor is fired if we lose next week?
(12-28-2019, 04:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm pretty sure the Sample pick had more to do with helping our struggling line pass protect than it was for him to be a receiver....

Right. And we could have gotten him to do that 2 rounds later and used our 2nd pick for someone a little more impactful...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 04:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right. And we could have gotten him to do that 2 rounds later and used our 2nd pick for someone a little more impactful...

Maybe, maybe not.....
Reply/Quote
It almost looks like Zac took the day off to call plays for Iowa State against Notre Dame today..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 03:20 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When AJ went down I guess you think there was another #1 receiver just waiting for a call. You are being totally ridiculous if you think it's the coaches responsibility to sign players. 

Knowing you have an aging WR just coming back from an injury and depending on Ross for anything don't require even a crystal ball.

It requires planning and knowing what they're doing.

They did not.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 02:04 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You can put a dress on a pig and it is still a pig. Every poster also not only recognizes that the Line is crap. Zac was hired in February . Did you think he was going to miraculously turn straw into gold? The combination of Belichick . Lombardi, and Landry couldn't turn this shitshow around in one offseason with MB as the owner. We can cry all we want but no coach wants to come here and work for the Bengals. Zac will grow with the team and as someone else has noted ,as bad as things were this season the team still wants to play for him. He deserves to have at least one more season.
We need a coach who can make a difference.

Not just some yes man that hasn't shown any flashes of the future.

So you tell me what you have seen that makes him even look like a pimple on Marvin Lewis's ass let alone a better coach.

I'll wait...
Reply/Quote
You guys act like there is some big crystal ball somewhere. Taylor did not know AJ would be lost for the season. He did not know Williams would be lost for the season. He did not know Ross would be injured most of the season. He did not know Boling would retire. He did not know Glenn would sit out pissed about the medical staff. You can plan for losing a player or two... he got hit in the face with a crapstorm of injuries and retirements.
Name me any 1st year head coach who could get hired late, barely have his staff in place prior to the draft, lose his # 1 pick, then lose the starting players Taylor did and still have a winning season. Taylor had us in most games right up until the end. He did ok.
Reply/Quote
A good example of poor game planning is the Cardinals game.

The first appearance of a TE didn't come until 35 minutes into the game.

Prior to the game it was discussed that TE coverage was a point of weakness for Arizona?

So WTF ?

What does that have to do with injuries?

Just turrible.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 05:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys act like there is some big crystal ball somewhere. Taylor did not know AJ would be lost for the season. He did not know Williams would be lost for the season. He did not know Ross would be injured most of the season. He did not know Boling would retire. He did not know Glenn would sit out pissed about the medical staff. You can plan for losing a player or two... he got hit in the face with a crapstorm of injuries and retirements.
Name me any 1st year head coach who could get hired late, barely have his staff in place prior to the draft, lose his # 1 pick, then lose the starting players Taylor did and still have a winning season. Taylor had us in most games right up until the end. He did ok.

He took basically the same roster that won 6 games last year and turned it into one that won one game...and it’s not like last years team was a master class in coaching
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 05:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So you tell me what you have seen that makes him even look like a pimple on Marvin Lewis's ass let alone a better coach.

I'll wait...

So this is what all this crying is about. You miss Marvin and his losing ways. This is not Zac's team this is Marvin's team that Zac got stuck with.. most all the players are Marvin's players. Marvin couldn't win with them and now you are butt hurt that Zac can't win with them either. Grow a pair dude, what band do you rock with Queen?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 05:20 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A good example of poor game planning is the Cardinals game.

The first appearance of a TE didn't come until 35 minutes into the game.

Prior to the game it was discussed that TE coverage was a point of weakness for Arizona?

So WTF ?

What does that have to do with injuries?

Just turrible.
They didn't play a TE until after half time or your boy Andy didn't see them until then. Big difference.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 05:31 PM)N_B Wrote: He took basically the same roster that won 6 games last year and turned it into one that won one game...and it’s not like last years team was a master class in coaching

Same roster except for Green, Boling, and a few other players. He basically came in an implemented his system, and tried to do it with Marvin's players, who do not fit his system. You know, those slow arse LBers? I'll give him one more draft to get who he wants. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 06:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Same roster except for Green, Boling, and a few other players. He basically came in an implemented his system, and tried to do it with Marvin's players, who do not fit his system. You know, those slow arse LBers? I'll give him one more draft to get who he wants. 

Good coaches don’t rely on rigid systems. They win with what they have. He basically lost one impact player in Green, a big impact player yes but not a 5 win player
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 06:51 PM)N_B Wrote: Good coaches don’t rely on rigid systems.  They win with what they have.  He basically lost one impact player in Green, a big impact player yes but not a 5 win player

To change the system, he has to implement his system. That takes time. 1 player in Green, the whole left side of his oline, his #3 receiver.... it was more than Green.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 06:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To change the system, he has to implement his system. That takes time. 1 player in Green, the whole left side of his oline, his #3 receiver.... it was more than Green.

outside of Green, it’s not like we’ve been really unhealthy...you expect to lose a receiver and a couple of lineman during the course of the year. Ross hasn’t really proven dick and Boling/Glenn are replacement level
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 05:44 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So this is what all this crying is about. You miss Marvin and his losing ways. This is not Zac's team this is Marvin's team that Zac got stuck with.. most all the players are Marvin's players. Marvin couldn't win with them and now you are butt hurt that Zac can't win with them either. Grow a pair dude, what band do you rock with Queen?

Ah  I see you flailing.

You still haven't produced much evidence of Taylor looking legit.

I couldn't give a rat's ass what Marvin is doing now he should've been fired years ago.

So wrong again there Catman.

Why are you getting so personal?  It's the last resort for someone that doesn't have much to stand on.

Machismo is a lost art.  Keep it up and stay classy.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 05:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: They didn't play a TE until after half time or your boy Andy didn't see them until then. Big difference.

Are you honestly telling me that Andy of all people can't locate a TE? Hilarious

He might not be able to complete the pass but he'd sure be looking for that bail out.

Things are getting ridiculous around here.

As far as I can tell there are only like 3 posters aligned with the drivel you're peddling.

You keep trying though.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 07:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Are you honestly telling me that Andy of all people can't locate a TE? Hilarious
Dalton Gang Massacred by Burrows  Hilarious
must be sad to see your boy going, going ,gone  Cry
Reply/Quote
Still can't figure out how to get Gio and Mixon on the field at the same time in passing situations.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:29 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Still can't figure out how to get Gio and Mixon on the field at the same time in passing situations.

Obviously throwing to Ericson being draped in man coverage is the superior tactical choice in this situation.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:22 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Dalton Gang Massacred by Burrows  Hilarious
must be sad to see your boy going, going ,gone  Cry

Don't care about him and want Burrow.

You're striking out. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote