Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good chance Zac Taylor is fired if we lose next week?
1 and done?
Nope.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 02:17 PM)cj1895 Wrote: These are outliers not the actual trend. Zac Taylor isn't even in the same ballpark as those four. He shouldn't be coaching a high school team.

The thing is you only know this with the benefit of hindsight.  I doubt Taylor will be as successful as any of those coaches, but the truth is we can't tell yet.

Taylor was dealt a terrible hand.  He was given a weak roster to start with and then lost two of his better starters (Green, Boling) plus his number one draft pick before training camp even started.  He was given no help in free agency, and struggled to put together a decent coaching staff.  Neither Taylor nor either of his Coordinators had ever entered a training camp as anything more than a position coach.

There is no way you can judge a coach properly in a situation like this.

I say we bring in Jay Gruden as OC and Marvin Lewis as DC then sign a couple of decent starters in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The thing is you only know this with the benefit of hindsight.  I doubt Taylor will be as successful as any of those coaches, but the truth is we can't tell yet.

Taylor was dealt a terrible hand.  He was given a weak roster to start with and then lost two of his better starters (Green, Boling) plus his number one draft pick before training camp even started.  He was given no help in free agency, and struggled to put together a decent coaching staff.  Neither Taylor nor either of his Coordinators had ever entered a training camp as anything more than a position coach.

There is no way you can judge a coach properly in a situation like this.

I say we bring in Jay Gruden as OC and Marvin Lewis as DC then sign a couple of decent starters in free agency.

No one is coming to work for this guy.  It's clear this is a sinking ship, why would anyone hitch their wagon to someone so incompetent?  If I go interview for a job and know that the boss is incompetent and everything is trending downward it's a terrible position and would only do so if I had no other choice.  This is how all potential coaches view the Taylor coordinator opportunities.  No one is going to come to save us.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be fun watching all the crow being eaten around here next year.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton will tell you that you are not a true fan if you ask for change.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 03:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's going to be fun watching all the crow being eaten around here next year.

This is based on the Inbreds previous experience in re builds?

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 12:38 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If he gets swept by Cleveland, I could actually see Mike firing Zac

I agree with Pat, the only time Mikey thought about firing Marv was when he started to lose to the Stains.

Rooting for a Stain victory next week for the first time ever against us.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 03:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's going to be fun watching all the crow being eaten around here next year.

Careful, you're sounding like a Browns fan. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:17 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: This is based on the Inbreds previous experience in re builds?

After we lost by 1 in Seattle there were people telling me how wrong I was about Zac too.

Always next year as a Bengals fan. We'll get them next year!
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2019, 11:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with Pat, the only time Mikey thought about firing Marv was when he started to lose to the Stains.

Rooting for a Stain victory next week for the first time ever against us.

Surely 1-15 would get managements attention, right?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 12:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Surely 1-15 would get managements attention, right?

Sure as hell hope so.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 12:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Surely 1-15 would get managements attention, right?

And that 1 win was against a shitty Jets team.  They can't hide behind injuries, because even Marvin Lewis managed to squeak out a few wins with decimated rosters.  This organization justifies skimping on free agency and building through the draft because they think we have the talent here already, so by their logic it can't be a talent issue.  So if it's not injuries, and it's not talent, then what's left to blame?  

In the end, I suspect this organization will scapegoat Dalton and try to sell Burrow as the fix-all.  Any other decent organization out there would see that Taylor is in way over his head.  The lack of experience this coaching staff needs addressing.  Simple as that.   
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 08:27 AM)Big Boss Wrote: And that 1 win was against a shitty Jets team.  They can't hide behind injuries, because even Marvin Lewis managed to squeak out a few wins with decimated rosters.  This organization justifies skimping on free agency and building through the draft because they think we have the talent here already, so by their logic it can't be a talent issue.  So if it's not injuries, and it's not talent, then what's left to blame?  

In the end, I suspect this organization will scapegoat Dalton and try to sell Burrow as the fix-all.  Any other decent organization out there sees that Taylor is in way over his head.  The lack of experience this coaching staff needs addressing.  Simple as that.   

From what I read, Zac goes out of his way to be nice to all of the Bengals employees. I'm sure they'll have trouble firing him.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 08:59 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: What does everybody think?

Is Zac Taylor 1 and done?

well getting swept by the browns... seems to be the catalyst for Change so its possible.

Not likely as coaches contracts are fully gaurenteed.  But its possible as i dont think much of the staff got more than a 1 year deal
Reply/Quote

when we are an outstanding 2-14?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 08:27 AM)Big Boss Wrote: In the end, I suspect this organization will scapegoat Dalton and try to sell Burrow as the fix-all. 

Nailed it! +1!
Reply/Quote

By 'attention' I assume you refer to going from a coma to a deep sleep. 

Reply/Quote
If they DO lose to the Browns, he will become the new leader for the worst franchise HC record at 1-15!

That’s gotta count for something.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 08:27 AM)Big Boss Wrote: And that 1 win was against a shitty Jets team.  They can't hide behind injuries, because even Marvin Lewis managed to squeak out a few wins with decimated rosters.  This organization justifies skimping on free agency and building through the draft because they think we have the talent here already, so by their logic it can't be a talent issue.  So if it's not injuries, and it's not talent, then what's left to blame?  

In the end, I suspect this organization will scapegoat Dalton and try to sell Burrow as the fix-all.  Any other decent organization out there would see that Taylor is in way over his head.  The lack of experience this coaching staff needs addressing.  Simple as that.   

So much common sense in this post.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor's (offense)in parentheses simply because he calls the plays every week is absolutely pathetic..I feel sorry for Zac because he truly has no clue it's not his fault ownership hired him in the first place..

Zero second half touchdowns for 8 straight weeks is telling, and to make matters even worse your defensive coordinator sucks probably more than you do as OC...we need competence from a coaching perspective not on the job training and I blame ownership for all of this..Moot point though when dealing with the brown family I'll just watch from here on, won't spend my time or hard earned money anymore until ownership takes the fans seriously..
Reply/Quote