Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good luck in Denver
(01-10-2016, 05:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

I actually feel for you.  Because you said you were not going to let the game bother you.  And clearly this may be the end of you.

If he rages enough I'll let him borrow my book and give him directions to that crappy stadium in pitt.

[Image: anarchist-cookbook-1.jpg]

And no I will not actually comment on if I own said book, something happens and you yinzers will freak out.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I was correct, it was four steps, he'd clearly established himself as a ball carrier when he got hit, hence no penalty, no fine and no suspension.  If they do fine him it'll be a sop to Cincy as the hit was legal.

There is a rule about not leading with the helmet outside of the tackle box. It was a missed penalty.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is a rule about not leading with the helmet outside of the tackle box. It was a missed penalty.

Dear god, if that's the case, and I have no reason to doubt you, then how much more convoluted can they make the rules of this game?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:38 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If he rages enough I'll let him borrow my book and give him directions to that crappy stadium in pitt.

[Image: anarchist-cookbook-1.jpg]

And no I will not actually comment on if I own said book, something happens and you yinzers will freak out.

Mellow

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/best-worst-nfl-stadiums-capacity-rankings-lambeau-field-solder-field-size-super-bowls

Quote:Ranking the best and worst NFL stadiums

6. HEINZ FIELD — PITTSBURGH STEELERS — 68,400

Initially we had this higher than The Linc because of the water and skyline vistas, but it’s impossible to kick on that turf and the yellow seats make it painfully obvious when they’re unused (which isn’t often).

12. PAUL BROWN STADIUM — CINCINNATI BENGALS — 65,515

Initially wrote this at “Paul Simon Stadium” which would have been cool too, especially late in the evening. As you can tell, this list is a sucker for centrally-located stadiums that are part of a city instead of out in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4652227-nfl-stadiums-best-worst-rankings-list-capacity-atmosphere-seats-size-features-view

[/url]
Quote:Ranking all 31 NFL stadiums

[url=http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4652227-nfl-stadiums-best-worst-rankings-list-capacity-atmosphere-seats-size-features-view]
[Image: 011016a.jpg]

[Image: 011016b.jpg]

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:54 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dear god, if that's the case, and I have no reason to doubt you, then how much more convoluted can they make the rules of this game?

In all honesty, it's not a hard or new rule. From day one, even in the good ole days, you were never taught to lower your head and lead with the crown of your helmet. That's the only issue i ever had with Harrison.

Besides the two of them, Ward did the exact same thing to Rivers. That's 3 guys that have caused injuries in the past from dropping their head and leading with the crown of their helmet. Spearing a guy in the body is bad enough, but spearing someone in the facemask is dirty, not to mention dangerous for both players.

It's not hard to keep your head up and plant your facemask into someone.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/best-worst-nfl-stadiums-capacity-rankings-lambeau-field-solder-field-size-super-bowls

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4652227-nfl-stadiums-best-worst-rankings-list-capacity-atmosphere-seats-size-features-view

[url=http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4652227-nfl-stadiums-best-worst-rankings-list-capacity-atmosphere-seats-size-features-view][/url]

Good to see you are still missing the point of things....you live in that area right?  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After playing 3 divisional games in a row, your beat up team is going to need all the luck they can muster.

The unlucky part for the Steelers is they now play another popular team so the NFL will tell the refs to call the game straight up so they won't get the benefit of all the 50/50 calls.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:54 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dear god, if that's the case, and I have no reason to doubt you, then how much more convoluted can they make the rules of this game?

Yeah...Helmet to helmet contact either initiated by the defender of the runner is prohibited out side of the tackle box.  Penalty can go either way, depending on who initiates the contact.  This was a missed call.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:19 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: He hit him with the crown.  It's a penalty. Learn the rules, not that they ever seem to apply to the Steelers or anything but they are good to know just for when you are watching other games and stuff.

SSf and others act so smart, but they don't even no the rules of the NFL. The rule is very clue, no helmet hit leading with the crown of your helmet is permitted to any runner outside the tackle box, it was blatant miss by the the same official who called the foul on Burfict. Same guy calls two plays differently and some wonder why people think the NFL is rigged to make money?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: SSf and others act so smart, but they don't even no the rules of the NFL. The rule is very clue, no helmet hit leading with the crown of your helmet is permitted to any runner outside the tackle box, it was blatant miss by the the same official who called the foul on Burfict. Same guy calls two plays differently and some wonder why people think the NFL is rigged to make money?

Your tears are extra salty and therefore extra tasty.

[Image: 43148028.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:53 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Yeah...Helmet to helmet contact either initiated by the defender of the runner is prohibited out side of the tackle box.  Penalty can go either way, depending on who initiates the contact.  This was a missed call.

No surprise here, the smartest Steeler fan in the forum knows the rules and won't let his ego get the best of him in a smack forum. Add in it is a 15 yard penalty for Porter being on the field and cursing at Bengal's player as just reported on Sirius NFL radio. Why would anyone question why Bengals fans are upset? Call it on Porter versus Jones and the ball is back to the 47 with 18 seconds to go and who knows the outcome.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:04 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Your tears are extra salty and therefore extra tasty.

[Image: 43148028.jpg]
Glad you are happy and relishing in our anguish.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Glad you are happy and relishing in our anguish.

Really just yours.  And anyone else that brings the crying in here.  rfaulk needs a boat sized tampax to keep form drowning at his computer.

Signed

January 1991

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:08 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Really just yours.  And anyone else that brings the crying in here.  rfaulk needs a boat sized tampax to keep form drowning at his computer.

Signed

January 1991

It is fine as I know what goes around comes around.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:05 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No surprise here, the smartest Steeler fan in the forum knows the rules and won't let his ego get the best of him in a smack forum. Add in it is a 15 yard penalty for Porter being on the field and cursing at Bengal's player as just reported on Sirius NFL radio. Why would anyone question why Bengals fans are upset? Call it on Porter versus Jones and the ball is back to the 47 with 18 seconds to go and who knows the outcome.

Just like a Bengal fan to try to make this all about someone other that the Bengal idiot.  LOL... Hilarious  Have you seen the photo of at least 12 Bengal coaches and assistants on the field during another point in time?  Probably but I guess you can ignore that because none of the Steeler players lost their minds.  

Seriously the only person you all have to blame at this point is Marvin.  Dude can't recognize how he could have safely won that game without worrying about a last minute drive for a field goal by the Steelers.  He is undisciplined and it shows in his players.  Your organization will not see a playoff win until Marvin is gone.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is fine as I know what goes around comes around.

You sure about that?  That has been the mantra here for a very long time.  Never seems to truly come around.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:07 PM)Vlad Wrote: Thats funny because you sound like you have a rusty fork up yours.

Why so bitter? You knew the bengals were going to lose.

I think this is the reason some bengals fans are taking the loss so hard.

They genuinely were expecting to win.

I knew winning against Big Ben with a back up QB was a 1 in 100 shot. The fact that we were a few plays away from winning is just a testament to how good the rest of our team is. 

I was still upset about the manner in which we lost, but I knew we had little to no chance of beating New England next week anyway, so I have made peace with it. Just gotta make sure we keep Dalton healthy next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is fine as I know what goes around comes around.

(01-11-2016, 11:23 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You sure about that?  That has been the mantra here for a very long time.  Never seems to truly come around.

But he never wants to see opposing players injured.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:22 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Just like a Bengal fan to try to make this all about someone other that the Bengal idiot.  LOL... Hilarious  Have you seen the photo of at least 12 Bengal coaches and assistants on the field during another point in time?  Probably but I guess you can ignore that because none of the Steeler players lost their minds.  

Seriously the only person you all have to blame at this point is Marvin.  Dude can't recognize how he could have safely won that game without worrying about a last minute drive for a field goal by the Steelers.  He is undisciplined and it shows in his players.  Your organization will not see a playoff win until Marvin is gone.

As a die hard Bengal fan for 30 years, and as someone who will continue to cheer for them even if they lose 18 straight playoff games, what cost us the game was Jeremy Hill's fumble. Would it have been a guarantee win if he didn't? No - but we would have been in the driver seat for sure. I'm getting so sick of all the dirty hit/refs/coaches talk. To me, its all just bullshit. The conversations won't change the outcome of the game, we lost, and need to just move on. Were the refs incorrect on some calls? Absolutely. I think in every game there are always a group of 50/50 calls, and one team is always going to receive the edge in each of those calls. You have the Shaw hit, the Gio hit, the TD catch, blah blah blah. Arguments can obviously be made for all of these freaking plays about which way they go, but ultimately Jeremy just needed to hold on to the ball, and Pacman just needed to sit silently on the sideline. You do that, you put yourselves in the position to win. But they didn't, and for that I'm pissed at my boys. But I'm going to renew my season tickets, and I'm going to continue to live a pretty incredible life.

I will never stop debating and talking smack, but its a lot more enjoyable about future events that create excitement leading up to the event, not past events that cannot be changed. That being said, Denver is going to beat Pittsburgh ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: But he never wants to see opposing players injured.

I think he is referring to my January 1991 reference. 

Reply/Quote