D+
D
D-
F
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021
I gave it a solid B+ & should have bumped that up a little.

As I posteed earlier Zach/Lou are quickly running out of excuses for not putting up more wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't say I wanna do a back flip over the Oline selections, overall, so I went with a B.
Reply/Quote
I'd say it's average. C+

Loved the trade back and who we got with our extra 4th rounders

So many other olinemen I would have taken when we fell back

Rest of it was solid
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd say it's average. C+

Loved the trade back and who we got with our extra 4th rounders

So many other olinemen I would have taken at 38

Rest of it was solid

Just curious, who would you of taken?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just curious, who would you of taken?

Cosmi..

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:14 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think this draft may be dumb enough to get ZT fired.

God I hope so.

I give it a D.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Soft and weak, super-glad we passed.

Gonna go with you don't know who Sam Cosmi is

Reply/Quote
C-, because I don't trust this staff to develop the projects they drafted.
Reply/Quote
Undecided on my grade as of yet. Too early. I certainly don’t hate this draft. I rather think they did alright. They did attack the ol and pass rush. Much needed. Let the staff coach them up.

I am surprised at only drafting 1 wr. I thought the last round they would have gone there. Thought we might get a tight end too.

Combing through the scraps currently on the free agent market seems less of a priority. I am looking forward to who might get cut after the draft and June 1st cuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gonna go with you don't know who Sam Cosmi is

Bfine, you know I watch tape and read a decent amount of draft stuff.

He needs to add strength and a ton of technique; playing in a high-powered offense masks a ton of issues.

Boylhart said it best: https://www.thehuddlereport.com/blog/?p=1704
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cosmi..

Purely an OT that would sit as a rookie, cool.

I like the guy that could start as a rookie at RG in Carman.
Reply/Quote
I give it an A-. Chase is obviously the crown jewel of this group, and gives the Bengals a top tier X WR and a much needed deep threat. The Bengals like guys that can play multiple spots, so Carman makes a lot of sense as a G that can kick to T in emergencies. Ossai is a steal in the 3rd and will allow Hubbard to kick inside where's he's a more effective rusher on 3rd downs. Sample should also be a good rotational edge rusher. Shelvin is a monster of a NT and should do great in a rotation with Reader. I really like Smith as a developmental T prospect. We needed a K, so McPherson made sense. Hill could wind up being a steal. Didn't really care for the Evans pick at all. I just don't see anything that great about him and academic issues are worrying. Hubert probably winds up a PS guy.

My main issues are PR was not addressed at all. I don't know if they are banking on Wilson also handling this, but it's a big concern. I also would have liked a legitimate challenger for Perrine as RB2, but you only get so many picks. But OL and DL were the priority and they stuck to their plan.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 10:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: I give it an A-.  Chase is obviously the crown jewel of this group, and gives the Bengals a top tier X WR and a much needed deep threat.  The Bengals like guys that can play multiple spots, so Carman makes a lot of sense as a G that can kick to T in emergencies.  Ossai is a steal in the 3rd and will allow Hubbard to kick inside where's he's a more effective rusher on 3rd downs.  Sample should also be a good rotational edge rusher.  Shelvin is a monster of a NT and should do great in a rotation with Reader.  I really like Smith as a developmental T prospect.  We needed a K, so McPherson made sense.  Hill could wind up being a steal.  Didn't really care for the Evans pick at all.  I just don't see anything that great about him and academic issues are worrying.  Hubert probably winds up a PS guy.  

My main issues are PR was not addressed at all.  I don't know if they are banking on Wilson also handling this, but it's a big concern.
 I also would have liked a legitimate challenger for Perrine as RB2, but you only get so many picks.  But OL and DL were the priority and they stuck to their plan.

Thinking Darius Phillips is the plan at Punt Returner, dude was great in college.
Reply/Quote
I go with B

Preferred more of a pass rushing DT instead of NT like Shelvin.
I like Carman, but was a bit early for me. Taking Ossai in 3 was nice. If Ossai was the 2nd rounder and Carman was the 3rd, it would have seemed fine.
I probably would have taken a different OT than Smith, but maybe he turns into a good swing OT and eventual starter.
The third DE seemed excessive since they probably don’t go with 6 DE (Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, Sample, Kareem, Hubert). I doubt Hubert makes the roster barring injury.

At the end of the day, I think they got their remaining starting WR and a guy who will compete for starting RG. Ossai will rotate a lot and Smith could be the heir to RT after a year of development. McPherson will take the K duties. Shelvin will knock Wren or Tupou off the roster.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 10:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I go with B

Preferred more of a pass rushing DT instead of NT like Shelvin.
I like Carman, but was a bit early for me. Taking Ossai in 3 was nice. If Ossai was the 2nd rounder and Carman was the 3rd, it would have seemed fine.
I probably would have taken a different OT than Smith, but maybe he turns into a good swing OT and eventual starter.
The third DE seemed excessive since they probably don’t go with 6 DE (Hendrickson, Hubbard, Ossai, Sample, Kareem, Hubert). I doubt Hubert makes the roster barring injury.

At the end of the day, I think they got their remaining starting WR and a guy who will compete for starting RG. Ossai will rotate a lot and Smith could be the heir to RT after a year of development. McPherson will take the K duties. Shelvin will knock Wren or Tupou off the roster.

I look at the Draft as a whole. Sure it would of looked better if we took Ossai with our 2nd and Carman in the 3rd but we still got 
the same players. Hubert is a finishing sack man, I am thinking Kareem is the one who better be watching his back and getting 
after the passer if he wants to stick around.
Reply/Quote
Jenkins fell right into their lap,and they passed on him to take a suspect player with medical issues.They didn’t take the OL seriously.Had they taken the best O-lineman in round 2,and not traded down,I would have given them an A.Chase,Jenkins,Ossai.After that I wouldn’t care if they had selected a kicker in rounds 4-7,I still would have given them an A.As it stands,I gave them a C.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 10:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Purely an OT that would sit as a rookie, cool.

I like the guy that could start as a rookie at RG in Carman.

What makes Cosmi purely an OT, but Carman a starting NFL RG

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 10:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What makes Cosmi purely an OT, but Carman a starting NFL RG

Taller, blocks higher, longer arms, skinnier etc.

One looks like purely an OT and the other looks built to play RG.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 10:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Bfine, you know I watch tape and read a decent amount of draft stuff.

He needs to add strength and a ton of technique; playing in a high-powered offense masks a ton of issues.

Boylhart said it best: https://www.thehuddlereport.com/blog/?p=1704

Dude recently put up 36 reps on the bench. That doesn't equal weak

He played 35 games in college. That doesn't equal soft.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While trying to be a smartass, you do realise that he's NEVER played professionally, correct?

Verbal diarrhea is just that.

Anyways, I gave a B+.

Tons of depth was netted this draft and the T issue may or may not be covered with Smith. We got much stronger on the dline and we should have 3 long-term players in the first 3 picks (and possibly the other guys too, I just expect the first three to be long-time contributors).

Don't forget; there will be a few great OTs in FA next year (with the cap going up) AND in the draft next year.

Trust the damn process, FFS.

Soft and weak, super-glad we passed.

That's aside the point.

We're asking him to play a position he's never played...at the highest level.

Get outta here with your nonsense, Denny.
Reply/Quote