D+
D
D-
F
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021
(05-01-2021, 11:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Taller, blocks higher, longer arms, skinnier etc.

One looks like purely an OT and the other looks built to play RG.

Carman is 1 inch shorter and 3 pounds heavier than Cosmi (Their arm length is .5" different). Perhaps Cosmi looks purely like an OT because he's much more athletic 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude recently put up 36 reps on the bench. That doesn't equal weak

He played 35 games in college. That doesn't equal soft.

How he plays Wink

Bodine put up 42 reps or whatever; did he play soft? Exactly Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Lest we forget the line only gave up 2 sacks in the final 4 games. And what did those games have in common? XSF and Spain together. Remember Spain was not part of the team at season start - he basically dropped out of the sky to us. We started the season with Jordan at LG and for a while we had Jordan and Redmond at Guard (and don't forget the experiment with Jordan and Johnson). I believe part of why they fired Turner at seasons end was they saw that the linemen he had not really worked with came in and played much better than those he had worked with.

Also, let's stop overstating the medical stuff. Carman only missed Pro Day because he was still in recovery from the procedure - he scheduled a private day once he was ready and was impressive at it. Hill had minor scopes of the meniscus.

I was getting a bit down on them but have to admit they did it good. We needed a playmaker on the outside on offense and got it. We also drafted 3 OL and 4 DL to go with our RB and K. They have needed to have this kind of line centric draft for years. And the trade back turned out to be key as we gained 2 4s for moving back 8 spots.

This is part of a trend we've seen the last few seasons though.

It seems like our abysmal O-line plays good enough the last few games for people to think they'll figure it out. Only for the O-line to start out ass the following season.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carman is 1 inch shorter and 3 pounds heavier than Cosmi (Their arm length is .5" different). Perhaps Cosmi looks purely like an OT because he's much more athletic 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Carman

335-309 = 26.

Don't know how 26 = 3.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How he plays Wink

Bodine put up 42 reps or whatever; did he play soft? Exactly Wink

Nah, Bodine didn't play soft he just wasn't very good. 

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, Bodine didn't play soft he just wasn't very good. 

In addition to playing soft LOL
Reply/Quote
A- for once they got value in pretty much every round. Carman wasn’t my top choice but he was in the mix with the rest of those players available when we picked.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Carman

335-309 = 26.

Don't know how 26 = 3.
COSMI 314
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-cosmi/3200434f-5319-6802-cc94-36bf0ee8edce

CARMAN 317
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jackson-carman/32004341-5219-8645-d8f8-13f7e39c03a5

Reply/Quote
I always notice it's the "positive" people who attack the less enthused posters.

You don't see the so called negative nancies poo-pooing people for giving out an A+++.

I say we should let people have their opinions.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I always notice it's the "positive" people who attack the less enthused posters.

You don't see the so called negative nancies poo-pooing people for giving out an A+++.

Some people just can't stand cynicism, and that's fine. There's a solution for that. It's called the ignore button.

But, then they'd need to find something to do that's more productive than beating up cynics on the internet. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I always notice it's the "positive" people who attack the less enthused posters.

If anyone knows me; I'm among the most positive posters in this forum. 

I give the draft an above average grade and suddenly I'm hating..

I'm not slaming Jackson; I just think we could have done better there

Also not sold on Sample so quickly after going Ossai.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I look at the Draft as a whole. Sure it would of looked better if we took Ossai with our 2nd and Carman in the 3rd but we still got 
the same players. Hubert is a finishing sack man, I am thinking Kareem is the one who better be watching his back and getting 
after the passer if he wants to stick around.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I’m saying is I’m not dinging the Carman pick as much because they got Ossai. What I meant was if the picks had been reversed, people wouldn’t be as upset.

I don’t consider it an A because I felt there were guys in multiple rounds available I would have taken instead, but they got some solid players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think with the players added, this is a 7-9 win team. I don’t think this team competes for a playoff spot.
That’s not dogging the team though, as it’s still an improvement from last year.

Maybe I don’t have enough faith in Pollack, but he wasn’t exactly stellar when he was with the Bengals in 2018.

I think the offense will be in the upper teens to low 20s. I think the defense will be in the same range.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I always notice it's the "positive" people who attack the less enthused posters.

C'mon, Shake; you really wanna bark up that tree?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think with the players added, this is a 7-9 win team. I don’t think this team competes for a playoff spot.
That’s not dogging the team though, as it’s still an improvement from last year.

Maybe I don’t have enough faith in Pollack, but he wasn’t exactly stellar when he was with the Bengals in 2018.

I think the offense will be in the upper teens to low 20s. I think the defense will be in the same range.

We have 17 games now.  In our Division I think we will lose to the Browns and Ravens twice and split with the Steelers.  Out of Division, I see about 7 games that we may be favored.  So 8-9 seems realistic assuming Burrow plays the full year, and we don't have any injuries on the OL.  If the OL plays better than expected I could see us in playoff contention.  I still think maybe we are 1 really good draft away from being a playoff contender assuming we did well on this draft.  I hope next year we try for some premier OL talent, then my confidence will be really high about the team.
Reply/Quote
We got three immediate starters:

Best WR in the draft
Best G in the draft
Best kicker in the draft

A couple guys who can help with the pass rush, then some more depth on both lines.

Carman may have been the steal of the draft. Much better prospect than some of these other linemen who fans were discussing in round 2. Could've gone in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: C'mon, Shake; you really wanna bark up that tree?

Read this thread all over again and you tell me which side is being obnoxious.

Not looking for a hater vs homer debate. Just tired of people getting flamed for saying anything remotely critical.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: COSMI 314
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-cosmi/3200434f-5319-6802-cc94-36bf0ee8edce

CARMAN 317
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jackson-carman/32004341-5219-8645-d8f8-13f7e39c03a5

Not his playing weight.  I can guarantee he won't be 317 when he hits the field.  He is generally listed 335.  I've seen him also listed at 325.  
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If anyone knows me; I'm among the most positive posters in this forum. 

I give the draft an above average grade and suddenly I'm hating..

I'm not slaming Jackson; I just think we could have done better there

Also not sold on Sample so quickly after going Ossai.

I know you said average in your original response, but I think a lot of people are hung up on the C+ part simply because C's are usually the lowest grade given out by pundits(don't want to alienate fanbases too much by giving out F's).  
Reply/Quote
Shake, usually we are aligned pretty closely. But both in the weeks leading up to the draft some (not all) of the pro Sewell camp have not only been vocal in support of their pick (which is cool) but also snotty, condescending and borderline abusive to anyone not agreeing with them. Not saying you. And ever since Thursday when the 5th pick was announced some have been trashing every pick in terms approaching vitriolic. And unfortunately it may have bled into this thread as well.
Reply/Quote