Poll: Based Strictly ON Talent/Need, What's Your Grade So Far?
A+
A
A-
B+
B
B-
C+
C
C-
D+
D
D-
MILLEN TRUBISKY
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade The Draft (PURELY ON TALENT/NEED)
(04-29-2017, 11:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm laughing at this exchange, but please, guys...stop.  I don't want to end up "pink" (banned) nor do I want any of you to, either...

Jeez, nobody's getting banned over tossing out a toolbox. Just asking everyone to keep it civil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:33 AM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Fair enough. Either way, I would appreciate if posters did t call other posters anything with tool. Even if, like me, they are.

And I get lots of guys are buzzing after the last couple nights. I'm just not a fan.

Get on board now baby. Team is getting better with this draft!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Tool bag. He said tool bag.

I know, I'm totally juvenile, but I laugh at certain words.  The movie "The Girl Next Door" had a character that used the word "assbag" and I thought it was such a funny term I use it way too often.

One night after a meeting in Nashville, a good friend told me that one of my work colleagues from the south said to him "I like the way Steve says Assbag", and I realized I had probably let it fly one too many times.  Regardless, let's make this attack on Benton stop.  We can all vote however we want.  At the end of the day, we only must agree on one thing:

the steelers and all their fans are assbags.  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:35 AM)Benton Wrote: Jeez, nobody's getting banned over tossing out a toolbox. Just asking everyone to keep it civil.

Getting banned from this board at my absolute favorite time of the year would be like cutting off a digit...seriously.  I would probably cry.  Cry I have loved the exchanges, sharing the info I learned, and discussing all the new players that will surely take this team to the promise land of three consecutive Super Bowl Victories....the only team in the history of the NFL to make that accomplishment!

Yes, clearly some of the bourbon is still in my system.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: the steelers and all their fans are assbags.  

I think on that we all agree
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:38 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Get on board now baby. Team is getting better with this draft!

I hope so!

I thought we had a good fa and I liked last years draft. I think I'm the only guy on the board who felt like we would have a better team next year regardless (and I still do). Just haven't been a fan of this draft as far as needs.

But I will say, in a couple years, mixon will be a top 5 scoring back.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: the steelers and all their fans are assbags.  

(04-29-2017, 11:48 AM)Benton Wrote: I think on that we all agree

Suffice to say we could even go as far as them being the dreaded tool bags, no?

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:48 AM)Benton Wrote: I think on that we all agree

I'm sorry, but I have to share that I think I just got more REP from this exchange than any post I have ever had in the history of this message board.  All because I accidentally called you a toolbag.  

I am laughing so hard my family wonders what the heck is wrong with me.  I am not sure if there was a "most hilarious poster" category in the Awards Thread, but I could never decide as there are a ton of folks on here that have made me spit coffee on the screen on multiple occasions.  

You guys are all the best, and Benton, you are no toolbag.  Mods make this board the awesome place it is and I can't express how much I appreciate this place. I love it year round, but especially during the draft.  

Who Dey!   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What toolbag gave it a D?

This is why these types of polls need to be public  Cool

But this is a Solid A. Assuming Mixon and Ross contribute according to plan, AND they get Willis to contribute, this would certainly be an A+ draft. Only thing missing is finding a late round OL Gem to make this the type of draft that takes us to the next level. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
On NFL Network they said the Bengals got 3 players with first round talent. A freaking plus.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:18 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: On NFL Network they said the Bengals got 3 players with first round talent. A freaking plus.

It's been a great draft. I have no idea how anyone could think otherwise.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:18 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: On NFL Network they said the Bengals got 3 players with first round talent.  A freaking plus.

Wink
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Tool bag. He said tool bag.

I've actually acquired so many tools at work, i had to get a second toolbag. It's bigger than the first so i made it my primary toolbag. My old primary toolbag is now my secondary and now i don't have to tear all kinds of muscles and tendons trying to carry it all in one. 

[Image: image_24865.jpg]

This is the one. 

What i'm saying is...i like toolbags. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've actually acquired so many tools at work, i had to get a second toolbag. It's bigger than the first so i made it my primary toolbag. My old primary toolbag is now my secondary and now i don't have to tear all kinds of muscles and tendons trying to carry it all in one. 

This is the one. 

This needs to stop!  I'm laughing so hard I'm going to split an organ!   Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO
Reply/Quote
"Grade this draft while ignoring any possible flaws."

This draft could end up being an A+ or a D- in 3 years when thinking objectively and weighing risk/reward. I'm very optimistic, and if we can add some O-line talent on day 3 this could really be a home run of a draft.

So far I go with B+
Reply/Quote
Is there a secret society of ass/tool bags that I can apply to? Sounds like fun and I'm tired of my wife's same old sheite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've actually acquired so many tools at work, i had to get a second toolbag. It's bigger than the first so i made it my primary toolbag. My old primary toolbag is now my secondary and now i don't have to tear all kinds of muscles and tendons trying to carry it all in one. 

This is the one. 

The tool bag really does get a bad rap. It's disappointing because when comparing tool bags to tool boxes, it is largely one sided. Tool boxes are just so big and bulky, while tool bags are sleek and sexy. I could go on and on, but I'll spare everyone the rest of the tool bag/tool box spec comparisons

Reply/Quote
I give it an A.

John Ross (A) -  Loved this pick. Wanted Fournette, but that wasn't in the cards and we made up for that later. I've always loved fast (complete) players, and Ross fits the bill. He also helps our depth by (hopefully) pushing LaFell and Boyd down the depth chart. We finally have good depth at WR for the first time in years. We desperately needed another playmaker on offense.

Joe Mixon (B with potential to be an A+ or an F) - Obviously we've been over the off-field thing ad-nauseum, but assuming this incident scared the crap out of him, he could be the steal of the draft. There's some talk that he was the best RB in the draft. If not the best, then certainly right behind. Built exactly like Corey Dillon (6'1" and 228 lbs) and runs like him too...but he appears to be a way better receiver than Corey ever was. This guy can pretty much do it all, and at his size, that's impressive. Combine numbers are nearly identical to Ezekiel Elliott's. 4.50 speed.

Jordan Willis (A-) - How can anyone not like this pick? Addresses a need with a solid prospect that trickled down the board. He certainly seems like a better prospect than the middle-aged Estonian frisbee thrower. 26 career sacks at a big 12 school is impressive.

I also give extra credit for trading back and gaining a 4th. It looked risky, but it paid off. So props. After a terrible half-assed effort in free agency, I said they needed to crush this draft. They're crushing it. We still need the o-line to drastically improve from last year though.

Btw...Millen Trubisky grade? Looks like someone else is a big fan of Walter. Some of his made up grades are hilarious.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I give it an A.

John Ross (A) -  Loved this pick. Wanted Fournette, but that wasn't in the cards and we made up for that later. I've always loved fast (complete) players, and Ross fits the bill. He also helps our depth by (hopefully) pushing LaFell and Boyd down the depth chart. We finally have good depth at WR for the first time in years. We desperately needed another playmaker on offense.

Joe Mixon (B with potential to be an A+ or an F) - Obviously we've been over the off-field thing ad-nauseum, but assuming this incident scared the crap out of him, he could be the steal of the draft. There's some talk that he was the best RB in the draft. If not the best, then certainly right behind. Built exactly like Corey Dillon (6'1" and 228 lbs) and runs like him too...but he appears to be a way better receiver than Corey ever was. This guy can pretty much do it all, and at his size, that's impressive. Combine numbers are nearly identical to Ezekiel Elliott's. 4.50 speed.

Jordan Willis (A-) - How can anyone not like this pick? Addresses a need with a solid prospect that trickled down the board. He certainly seems like a better prospect than the middle-aged Estonian frisbee thrower. 26 career sacks at a big 12 school is impressive.

I also give extra credit for trading back and gaining a 4th. It looked risky, but it paid off. So props. After a terrible half-assed effort in free agency, I said they needed to crush this draft. They're crushing it. We still need the o-line to drastically improve from last year though.

Btw...Millen Trubisky grade? Looks like someone else is a big fan of Walter. Some of his made up grades are hilarious.

Great take. I agree with basically all of it.

I enjoy Walter as a read, regardless of actual accuracy. I love how incredulous he gets. And, yeah, the Millen Trubisky combo grade had me losing it with laughter.

PS: Mixon ran a 4.4  Smack  <-------- Too soon?
Reply/Quote
Talent? We're doing well. Ross is an extremely talented receiver who is very polished and has great route running. Injuries are a concern, as are a small sample size of contested catches.

Mixon is also very talented. He is very reminiscent of Bell coming out of college. He will have to work on his running style a bit, as he and Bell were both stand up runners which could result in fumbles at the next level. But it's able to be fixed.

Jordan Willis is a talented player as well. He will have to refine some pass rushing moves and learn more, but you can plug him and play him anywhere.

As for need?
The Bengals didn't have a huge "need" at WR, however, they did have a need for speed. And Ross fixes that.

The Bengals have drafted THREE running backs in the 2nd round since 2013.
I understand people aren't happy with Hill, but we also have Gio in the wings and he works well when we don't force feed Hill. So I don't like Mixon from a "need" stand point.

The Bengals waited until the 3rd round to draft an edge rusher. I would be mad if they hadn't gotten a talented player like Willis. It hits a need, although I wish they would draft another natural pass rusher. Willis gets a little stiff sometimes, but he fits what the Bengals like.

Overall, talent and need wise: A

Sure, we need offensive line help and I wish we could have gotten Lamp, Pocic, Feeney, or Elflein in the 2nd, Mixon's talent is undeniable.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote