B
C
D
F
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Grade The Draft
Watching NFL Network Bucky Brooks picked the Bengals having the best overall draft . That’s huge
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
On today's Live Room with Dehner and Morrison, they mentioned the team actually had multiple TEs that they were targeting, but the board just didn't fall in any way to draft one of them. That makes it two years in a row that they've wanted to draft a TE, but can't get one at an appropriate spot. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 01:30 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: On today's Live Room with Dehner and Morrison, they mentioned the team actually had multiple TEs that they were targeting, but the board just didn't fall in any way to draft one of them. That makes it two years in a row that they've wanted to draft a TE, but can't get one at an appropriate spot. 

We've got the 2nd TE drafted in 2020, Asiasi. And the 3rd and 4th TEs drafted in 2019 Irv and Sample. Hell last year we had the 1st TE drafted in 2019 that the Ravens took before Lamar and Andrews. So maybe we are better off leaving the pipeline of veteran TEs trying to get paid open. Instead of using our early round picks on them. Maybe they learned we need to avoid using our early picks on a high bust rate nonpremiere position.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 07:35 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I choosed B mostly because I don't watch college sports and I have no clue who these guys are and I had to make a choice but welcome to the Jungle !

I'll know you as pros.

Just a thought, maybe next year don't vote if you have no clue on our draft.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 03:05 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We've got the 2nd TE drafted in 2020, Asiasi. And the 3rd and 4th TEs drafted in 2019 Irv and Sample. Hell last year we had the 1st TE drafted in 2019 that the Ravens took before Lamar and Andrews. So maybe we are better off leaving the pipeline of veteran TEs trying to get paid open. Instead of using our early round picks on them. Maybe they learned we need to avoid using our early picks on a high bust rate nonpremiere position.
Logic... Get outta here with that nonsense!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 11:03 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I would give it a B+. Very easily could become an A after a couple years to fully evaluate it.

I don’t dislike any of the picks they made. I was surprised by the battle pick as I thought safety wasn’t a high priority. But you can’t enough pass rushers and secondary depth.

I was surprised that they didn’t draft a tight end or oline, especially on the interior. And spare me yet another lecture about how unimportant the te position is in the offense. With most of the tight ends we’ve had they should be unimportant. I bet a Travis kelce type player would change the dynamic but I digress.

I wonder if tycen anderson might eventually move to linebacker with his size and the depth we have at those positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Anderson can play TE? :) just playin. I was surprised we didn’t pick a TE, I was disappointed we didn’t address both lines more. I’m sure the defensive players we got can help the defense more resulting in coverage sacks but I can’t believe we didn’t do more with the lines. Just because the belief was this draft was shallow at the OL position does not mean you can’t pick some. Hell I saw players ranked 2nd at their position go undrafted, while players thought to be UDFA’s getting selected in early rounds. You still have to try. Everyone thought the same when Carmen and Vols was drafted and they turned out ok. We are still 2 he’ll maybe only 1 injury away from the Oline being a disaster again.

I actually like the players we got, just surprised with direction we went with the positions. As soon as the AFCC game ended I told myself, wish we could just use every draft pick on O & D line to try to fix this mess once and for all. I hope the Oline gels and stays healthy or the end result will be the same. It all starts and ends in the trenches.

Side note: I am glad we DIDN'T draft the TE Washington. I just don’t think he’s going to be a good pro at all. Now that he’s with Pitt he will probably be the next Kelce/Gronk superstar TE. Ffs I hate that team.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 01:30 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: On today's Live Room with Dehner and Morrison, they mentioned the team actually had multiple TEs that they were targeting, but the board just didn't fall in any way to draft one of them. That makes it two years in a row that they've wanted to draft a TE, but can't get one at an appropriate spot. 

With the 3 WR Tee,Chase, and Boyd and our TE needs to be able to block especially with our recent OL woes. So we want what everybody wants one that’s good at both. Not many of those.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 08:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just a thought, maybe next year don't vote if you have no clue on our draft.  Ninja

Pretty sure tons of us fawned over the guys drafted in 2015 and 2016. Nobody knows how this draft will pan out so his opinion is as valid as anyone's.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Just another note, apparently Murphy was the #11 player on the Bengals board. Mike Potts also said that the team received 5 trade offers for the #28 pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:03 PM)jason Wrote: Pretty sure tons of us fawned over the guys drafted in 2015 and 2016. Nobody knows how this draft will pan out so his opinion is as valid as anyone's.

Idk about 2015. I thought that the draft was pretty awful then. I was high on Dawson in the 3rd, but he obviously didn't work out. 2016 wasn't actually that bad of a draft at all. WJ3, Boyd, Billings, Fejedelem (for his draft position he was a quality special teamer), and somewhat Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 01:17 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Just another note, apparently Murphy was the #11 player on the Bengals board. Mike Potts also said that the team received 5 trade offers for the #28 pick.

Will Anderson
Devin Witherspoon
Paris Johnson
Tyree Wilson
Bijan Robinson
Darnell Wright
Peter Skoronski
Luke Van Ness
Broderick Jones
Calijah Kancey

In no order my guess

Reply/Quote
I voted a B because I wanted a TE, specifically one I thought could come in and start if Irv Smith underperforms or gets hurt. I know the team may not have necessarily felt that way, but I did.
Irv Smith is not reliable and Sample is not good.

My hope at this point is that Irv Smith stays healthy and actually performs closer to his 2020 season, and/or the Bengals find a way to add another TE via trade/waivers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 03:05 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We've got the 2nd TE drafted in 2020, Asiasi. And the 3rd and 4th TEs drafted in 2019 Irv and Sample. Hell last year we had the 1st TE drafted in 2019 that the Ravens took before Lamar and Andrews. So maybe we are better off leaving the pipeline of veteran TEs trying to get paid open. Instead of using our early round picks on them. Maybe they learned we need to avoid using our early picks on a high bust rate nonpremiere position.

Great post, hadn't really thought of that as I haven't seen anything from any of those guys but Hurst and that was just last year.

TE's are a big gamble and as Bengal Dude quoted Dehner and Morrison, the draft just didn't fall that way to be able to add a special one
at least not on their board. I wanted Kuntz over Ivie, but Kuntz was picked ahead of us, contrary to what some said after the draft.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 10:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I voted a B because I wanted a TE, specifically one I thought could come in and start if Irv Smith underperforms or gets hurt. I know the team may not have necessarily felt that way, but I did.
Irv Smith is not reliable and Sample is not good.

My hope at this point is that Irv Smith stays healthy and actually performs closer to his 2020 season, and/or the Bengals find a way to add another TE via trade/waivers.

Charlie Jones running crisp routes is going to make us forget about the TE problems... that is until a few plays later when he gets trucked trying to block for Burrow. 
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 02:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Charlie Jones running crisp routes is going to make us forget about the TE problems... that is until a few plays later when he gets trucked trying to block for Burrow. 
Hilarious

Lol yea I wouldn't be too interested in seeing 4 WRs out there too often.
TE doesn't pass block much in the Bengals offense though, but at least having a TE out there helps hide whether it's going to be a run or pass, as Bengals like to have a TE run block often compared to many teams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Have they announced their numbers yet? Seems like it usually happens soon after the draft.

I wonder if anyone will take 0?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-offseason-grades-ranking-all-32-teams-for-their-draft-picks-free-agent-moves-trades-and-more/amp/

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/raQQ6ItZZgY

Reply/Quote
The Athletic Power Rankings after Draft
2. Cincinnati Bengals

Draft takeaway: If you were to build a draft plan around limiting the other great quarterbacks in your conference, it would probably look something like edge-cornerback-safety in the first three rounds. With Myles Murphy, DJ Turner and Jordan Battle, that’s what Cincinnati did.

Hype man: We might have the top-to-bottom best offensive roster in the league — and I’m telling you right now, sixth-round pick Andrei Iosivas is gonna be the steal of the draft.

Reply/Quote
On Charlie Jones…NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah said it was his favorite selection of Cincinnati's eight picks.

"He's got big-time, big-time juice," Jeremiah said on the Move the Sticks podcast. "Every year there's a guy like this where you're watching other players and this guy pops. And you're watching these other corners, I'm like 'dang, Charlie Jones is running by all these Big Ten corners.' He was someone I thought was pretty interesting. In the fourth round at pick 131? I like that value."

Reply/Quote