Poll: I know we can't really evaluate a draft until 3-4 years later, but what do you think about the job our coaches and FO did in this draft?
This poll is closed.
A+
9.72%
14 9.72%
A
25.69%
37 25.69%
A-
26.39%
38 26.39%
B+
18.06%
26 18.06%
B
12.50%
18 12.50%
B-
1.39%
2 1.39%
C+
1.39%
2 1.39%
C
2.78%
4 2.78%
C-
0.69%
1 0.69%
D+
0.69%
1 0.69%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F+
0.69%
1 0.69%
F
0%
0 0%
F-
0%
0 0%
Total 144 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade the Bengals 2016 Draft
What are the odds that Vigil becomes a stud and Billings is out of the NFL in 3 years?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 11:06 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: What are the odds that Vigil becomes a stud and Billings is out of the NFL in 3 years?

Depends, what are the odds Billings has a career ending injury, dies, pulls a Chris Borland, or a who ever that RB was that quit to be a preacher, in the next 3 years? That's your answer.

100% chance Vigil IS a stud. 0% chance a breathing and healthy and willing Billings fails. 
Reply/Quote
Jackson - A ....will be our best corner in a couple of years.

Boyd - B+...could out perform this grade.

Vigil - C ....This is the kind of guy you really root for to pan out, but it rarely happens.

Billings - A ....Value pick. Beast in the middle.

Westerman - A ....Could develop into a good starter.

Core - B .....Good measurables for a late pick.

Fejedelem - C +.....Typical late round special teams pick.

Overall grade B +
Reply/Quote
Billings will be Peko's understudy, and in that slot (NT in the 4-3) he is a perfect fit.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 11:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Depends, what are the odds Billings has a career ending injury, dies, pulls a Chris Borland, or a who ever that RB was that quit to be a preacher, in the next 3 years? That's your answer.

100% chance Vigil IS a stud. 0% chance a breathing and healthy and willing Billings fails. 

Can a third rounder be considered a sleeper. He's not your prototypical LB. He just makes plays. His 9 average tackles per game is a stat we all should love.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 01:34 AM)Leather Face Wrote: ...agreed. They've potentially replaced Mo' and Marv, and have added depth to the O-line. 

They have also potentially made a good defense into ... One Reallllly SICK D! ...one that other teams SHOULD be extremely concerned about in various ways. (although, ....what if....just WHAT IF a dream would replace Vigil with Myles Jack?? Yeah, wow....) ...not unthinkable. just like getting Billings, WJ3, and Boyd aren't unthinkable...anymore.

Here's a pledged toast to potentially having TWO Geno Atkins' on the same squad and on the field at the same Gosh Jungle Time! 

Level one of attitude....Billings

Level two of attitude...Burfict

Level three of attitude...Jones

Level four....Williams

I'm thinking about baseball right now. Batting averages are being banged up and over the wall. Hits!! ...i tell ya, knocking opponents out of the park!!!

...and thanks for welcoming me back;although, I never leave. I just don't post. ....unless it is necessary.

Dude, when you do post it is just a great post Leather Face. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 11:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: Billings will be Peko's understudy, and in that slot (NT in the 4-3) he is a perfect fit.

And you know Peko will do everything possible to help the kid succeed.   Just like John Thornton did for Carlos.   
Reply/Quote
Definitely a solid B+ for me. I was hoping we'd get a DE in the draft. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote