Poll: Your Grade
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: 05-10-2024
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade the Stone Signing
(03-12-2024, 08:05 PM)M.W. Wrote: Agreed, this is what we need and missed last year.  If we can protect Joe teams will have to pass early and often, a ball-hawk safety is perfect. DL and LB should be making most of the tackles on RB. If I have to choose between an elite run stopping safety and a very good pass coverage safety I will take the pass coverage skills.  Running the football is so 1999 unless you are the Ravens.  An intelligent  safety with excellent instincts and hands sounds wonderful. 

You know it M.W. plus Battle is a good in the box tackling Safety anyways. We needed the elite cover Safety the most.

And although others are acting like this makes Dax a bad pick it might not, as he might be used right where he should be as a Slot 
Corner for the future when Hilton leaves, as a Nickle Safety and as a WILL backer at times to take Pratt off the field on 3rd and longs.

Now a days a Slot Corner is a starter, let alone everything else Dax can do. We have no idea how much this could improve the Defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 08:11 PM)J24 Wrote: That was under Marvin!

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Brian Leonard isn't on the team anymore old man... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Give it a B-

The only thing that erks me is this came a year too late. Should of grabbed a safety to replace bates
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 08:36 AM)Nepa Wrote: I'm not getting the hype for Geno Stone. Nor the certainty he is not a one-year wonder. College career where only 6 interceptions in 3 years and ended up drafted in 7th round. Waived multiple times to either end up on the practice squad or picked up by Houston, who didn't extend him, so back to the Ravens. One good year, last year. But even then he missed over 12% of the tackles that he was in position to make and graded out around 40 PFF for run defense. (I've seen grades of 33 and 42 listed).

The word "ascending player" doesn't excite me because I've heard it used before without coming to fruition. Nor trust Lou, because we said that with the safety last year.

Now, I am hearing a lot of posters make the point that he is great in communication. I would love to see this from a reputable source. I do know the Bengals staff lamented the poor communication last year, so that would be important and would raise my confidence in the signing.

But it was a deep free agent safety class. Why not one of the sure-fire safeties, such as Justin Simmons, a four-time all-pro? Geno Stone didn't even make the probowl, despite the 7 interceptions. I hope he's not a one-year wonder.

for whats its worth... Geno Stone ranked 48th for available free agents ... Justin Simmons... 47th
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/cLFjIrBao_s?si=ojtS6paYRgngEvRP
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote