Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grantham Decides To Stay At Florida
Not a good thing for Bengals who said they wanted him, but not sure he would leave Florida.

Now people can come on here and say Bengals didn't want him, didn't want Capers, didn't want Del Rio, didn't want Packers coach, didn't want Patriots coach. So all these coaches who told Bengals NO, some fans will say Bengals didn't want them anyway. That of course is the Lie. The Truth is Bengals are having a hard time finding a Defensive Coordinator and are now going to have to start going down on their list as they scrape the bottom of the barrel. Again Not A Good Thing.

This is always the problem as fans talk of firing coaches. The problem being good coaches don't line up to come to Cincinnati Bengals. Mike Brown who is still in all these interview pictures, he could be a big reason. This is NOT one of the premier coaching jobs in football. Good coaches do not line up to come to Cincinnati. They are quick to say they would not consider it. This is the problem with firing coaches, because not that many good established coaches want to come here.

So the long search continues for Bengals a they dig deeper in the well after coaches they interviewed said NO. Will Bengals even have D Coaches set by March ? Maybe Not. The Soap Opera, The Bengals and The Restless continues.

My Mood last 2 months of seasons was Doubtful to Hopeless. Then with Taylor to Hopeful. Now back to just Dunno as in questionable. Just not enough to be Hopeful about at this point. I look at Mike Brown and I still see problems.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think A. Pleasant will be good.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:03 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think A. Pleasant will be good.

Well sure, they are going to dig to bottom of barrel until someone says yes, and we as fans will say good choice.  The fact remains the coaches at top of the list are all saying no.  Bengals really wanted Grantham.  It's not a good thing for 2 weeks coaches have been saying NO to Bengals Defensive Coordinator job.   Oh sure, if they go far enough down the barrel, somebody will want it.  Somebody nobody else wants. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Who knows how much money he was asking for? He came back to work out a deal, but it didn't get done. It just rubs me the wrong way to have a DC named Pleasant. A DC shouldn't be "pleasant."
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:31 AM)Shady Wrote: Who knows how much money he was asking for? He came back to work out a deal, but it didn't get done. It just rubs me the wrong way to have a DC named Pleasant. A DC shouldn't be "pleasant."
Mike Brown and going cheap is always a factor.  Another factor could be Grantham just took his Family to Florida and maybe the wife and family tired of moving every year.  Florida a nice place to live. For the right money, he might have moved.  Another factor is good coaches want to run things and draft players and bring in free agents, and Mike Brown likes to control everything.  Many factors adding up to many coaches saying they don't want the Bengals job.  So Bengals now dig deeper in the well.  If worse comes to worse, there are always Cincy Pee Wee coaches they can interview on The Cheap. 

I'll point out 1st Round picks that Marvin Lewis said he would not have drafted them. Then that means Mike Brown and Front Office still too much in control and coaches have little input. Good coaches see that, they know the Mike Brown situation, and they Just Say No. I have a bad feeling Mike Brown is like a dead weight still holding this team to his 1990's Bungals ways. All the coaches in the last 2 weeks who said they don't want the Bengals job, that isn't a good thing.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It doesn't upset me at all.

What we have currently available, is what's available.

The report from all sources is that Del Rio and Zac Taylor mutual agreed it wouldn't work. Which is a nice way of saying that they don't want to work together.

Dom Capers basically flat out turned us down over the multiple offers he got.

Which I thought was hilarious, because about 80% of Bengaldom did nothing but hate on the guy.

All he did was probably look at what this defense was capable of doing and the only thing that they defended last year was multiple coaches from having jobs.

You may not like it, but it's the truth.

Most, if not all reports, said we were viewed as a top landing spot for head coaches because of stability at the quarterback position and loyalty to our head coaches.

Statistically speaking, we had one of the worst defensive units in NFL history, it's hard to talk your way out of that.

Todd Grantham was never a guaranteed hire.

Word was from the beginning that his family didn't want to move and he's already one of the highest paid coordinators in all of football.

The truth is we could of offered him a key to the city and he still might not have came.

The only thing it hurts is the already created stigma that nobody wants to play for the Bengals.

The players on defense underperformed most of the year and the result is nobody wants them.

We might have to get a defensive coordinator hungry to make a name for himself. They have nobody to blame, but themselves on that.

It reminds me of a time when Paul Brown first entered the NFL, coming from the AAFC, their first opponent was the defending champion Eagles.

Greasy Neale said that Paul Brown was an overhyped high school coach, coaching a bunch of overhyped high school players.

Coach Paul Brown placed that newspaper everywhere he could and his team destroyed the Eagles.

After the game Greasy Neale said all the do is pass the ball, that they couldn't beat him man-to-man.

They played them again that year and Paul Brown set a record that has never been matched since then. The Browns didn't throw a single pass the entire game and still won.

If I'm Zac Taylor that's what I do with this team. I'd have them playing agile, mobile and hostile. It be nothing, but blood, sweat and tears this offseason.

They be hitting everything that moved.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:31 AM)Shady Wrote: Who knows how much money he was asking for? He came back to work out a deal, but it didn't get done. It just rubs me the wrong way to have a DC named Pleasant. A DC shouldn't be "pleasant."

What about Aubrasive. LOL

Reply/Quote

He's the highest paid assistant in college football at 1.4 mil a year, I can almost guarantee you he didn't get that offered to him. Probably use it as leverage against UF as well. I'm hoping the players play with a chip on their shoulder because of this tho. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:53 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He's the highest paid assistant in college football at 1.4 mil a year, I can almost guarantee you he didn't get that offered to him. Probably use it as leverage against UF as well. I'm hoping the players play with a chip on their shoulder because of this tho. 

I'm pretty sure Dunlap will be.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:02 AM)kevin Wrote: Not a good thing for Bengals who said they wanted him, but not sure he would leave Florida.  

Now people can come on here and say Bengals didn't want him, didn't want Capers, didn't want Del Rio, didn't want Packers coach, didn't want Patriots coach. So all these coaches who told Bengals NO, some fans will say Bengals didn't want them anyway.  That of course is the Lie. The Truth is Bengals are having a hard time finding a Defensive Coordinator and are now going to have to start going down on their list as they scrape the bottom of the barrel. Again Not A Good Thing.

This is always the problem as fans talk of firing coaches.  The problem being good coaches don't line up to come to Cincinnati Bengals.  Mike Brown who is still in all these interview pictures, he could be a big reason.  This is NOT one of the premier coaching jobs in football.  Good coaches do not line up to come to Cincinnati. They are quick to say they would not consider it.  This is the problem with firing coaches, because not that many good established coaches want to come here.

So the long search continues for Bengals a they dig deeper in the well after coaches they interviewed said NO.  Will Bengals even have D Coaches set by March ?  Maybe Not. The Soap Opera, The Bengals and The Restless continues.

My Mood last 2 months of seasons was Doubtful to Hopeless.  Then with Taylor to Hopeful.  Now back to just Dunno as in questionable. Just not enough to be Hopeful about at this point.  I look at Mike Brown and I still see problems.

Breathe...breathe...

I know it's irritating.  I'm ticked off too.  But it will be okay.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:02 AM)kevin Wrote: This is always the problem as fans talk of firing coaches.  The problem being good coaches don't line up to come to Cincinnati Bengals.  Mike Brown who is still in all these interview pictures, he could be a big reason.

According to everything I read, no he's not. It's Katie, Troy, PB Jr., and Tobin.... and for these Coordinator positions, I assume Taylor....
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:02 AM)kevin Wrote:   The problem being good coaches don't line up to come to Cincinnati Bengals.  Mike Brown who is still in all these interview pictures, he could be a big reason.  This is NOT one of the premier coaching jobs in football.  Good coaches do not line up to come to Cincinnati. 

In the 2018 season there were five Head Coaches out of 32 who were directly tied to the Bengals organization. Good coaches come here but jump off at any stop to get away from the FO's way of operating. I think that ZT's late hiring has caused the available coordinators to shrink so much that the quality of candidates has took a obvious nosedive. Hopefully we will  find a diamond in the rough.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:48 AM)kevin Wrote: Mike Brown and going cheap is always a factor. 

Again, another fallacy that keeps getting repeated. The Bengals pay their coaches well. Marvin was the 6th highest paid coach in the league. The simple fact is, the man was making bank in Florida and did not want to move. Also, when coordinators look at jobs, they don't look at anything other than "Can this move help me be a head coach". Taylor is a young unknown. If a coordinator takes the job and Taylor fizzles, it pretty much delays, if not kills, his career trajectory. Lots of things are Mike Brown's fault, but everything is not Mike Brown's fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:53 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He's the highest paid assistant in college football at 1.4 mil a year, I can almost guarantee you he didn't get that offered to him. Probably use it as leverage against UF as well. I'm hoping the players play with a chip on their shoulder because of this tho. 

He's the highest paid assistant at UF, not in the NCAA.  He's like 9th....not that that's anything to sneeze at. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Last interview with Todd, Troy, Katie and Zac.

Todd:"One more question before I make a decision to take that position, can you go ahead and cut Vontaze Burfict?"

Katie:" Todd we'd really like to push forward with all the players currently under contract, and Burfict is still under contract with us."

Todd:" Ok that's it then, thanks for the consideration."
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:48 AM)kevin Wrote: Mike Brown and going cheap is always a factor.  Another factor could be Grantham just took his Family to Florida and maybe the wife and family tired of moving every year.  Florida a nice place to live. For the right money, he might have moved.  Another factor is good coaches want to run things and draft players and bring in free agents, and Mike Brown likes to control everything.  Many factors adding up to many coaches saying they don't want the Bengals job.  So Bengals now dig deeper in the well.  If worse comes to worse, there are always Cincy Pee Wee coaches they can interview on The Cheap. 

I'll point out 1st Round picks that Marvin Lewis said he would not have drafted them. Then that means Mike Brown and Front Office still too much in control and coaches have little input.  Good coaches see that, they know the Mike Brown situation, and they Just Say No.   I have a bad feeling Mike Brown is like a dead weight still holding this team to his 1990's Bungals ways.  All the coaches in the last 2 weeks who said they don't want the Bengals job, that isn't a good thing.

You have no basis for this comment based on MB spending habits in relation to the cap the past decade. Also, he is paying 2 coaching staffs in 2019 as he fired the old and is bringing a new staff.

The Mike Brown cheap narrative has become old and a lie. We have enough fake news in this world, time to man up and cite every reason in your opinion MB is cheap based on the facts on how the team has be run the past decade and not something that happened 20 years ago. We will wait for you to tell us your facts they weighted into your strong opinion MB is cheap.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:58 AM)McC Wrote: I'm pretty sure Dunlap will be.

He was already firing off on twitter. I like it! Maybe that will spread to the rest of the team as well. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: He's the highest paid assistant at UF, not in the NCAA.  He's like 9th....not that that's anything to sneeze at. LOL 

No, it's a rather large figure lol. Now he can use this to possibly get another raise. Pretty sure this is why the Bengals try to stay away from the college ranks.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:11 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He was already firing off on twitter. I like it! Maybe that will spread to the rest of the team as well. 

I don't tweet....what was he saying....cliff notes....I can't see twitter links on here because of work firewall.  Hey, I don't ask much. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:48 AM)kevin Wrote: Mike Brown and going cheap is always a factor.  Another factor could be Grantham just took his Family to Florida and maybe the wife and family tired of moving every year.  Florida a nice place to live. For the right money, he might have moved.  Another factor is good coaches want to run things and draft players and bring in free agents, and Mike Brown likes to control everything.  Many factors adding up to many coaches saying they don't want the Bengals job.  So Bengals now dig deeper in the well.  If worse comes to worse, there are always Cincy Pee Wee coaches they can interview on The Cheap. 

I'll point out 1st Round picks that Marvin Lewis said he would not have drafted them. Then that means Mike Brown and Front Office still too much in control and coaches have little input.  Good coaches see that, they know the Mike Brown situation, and they Just Say No.   I have a bad feeling Mike Brown is like a dead weight still holding this team to his 1990's Bungals ways.  All the coaches in the last 2 weeks who said they don't want the Bengals job, that isn't a good thing.

Grantham has kids in HS I believe and said he didn't want to uproot the again
Reply/Quote