Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green's Actions Says It All
(11-05-2017, 07:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The sad thing is that it worked out for him.

I used to think we as fans lucked out because we got Green, Dalton, and the draft picks came from the lopsided trade.

Not really.

He probably is so aloof and proud of himself that it will all just repeat itself.

Not realizing what an absolute mess that could've been.

Reboot 3.0?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Reboot 3.0?

That would be my tipping point.  If Marv is here next year, I won't be.  Is there an echo in here?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Green
2. Dunlap
3. Dalton
4. Atkins

Is how I'd rate their chances. Green is easily #1 at this point. Dalton would be up there, but he's too nice. That said, he's looked pretty pissed himself lately. Dunlap complained about our offseason moves and just strikes me as a guy who could demand a trade. Atkins is the quiet lunch pail guy, so he'd surprise me the most.

I agree but I still think AJ might not ask publicly at least initially till they blow him off
Reply/Quote
I do think in a way that the Dalton/Green and Atkins/Dunlap drafts were bad for the Bengals as it stopped them from hiring more scouts and changing things up as far as how things are done.

The 5 year playoff run...had we signed 1 or 2 quality free agents...we may have made a long run. Those teams all had few weaknesses...but weaknesses none the less.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton...it's a race to see who demands a trade 1st to get out.

Your disrespect for these player's character is uncalled for.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your disrespect for these player's character is uncalled for.

It's not disrespect, it's who the hell could blame them.  Big difference.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Green
2. Dunlap
3. Dalton
4. Atkins

Is how I'd rate their chances. Green is easily #1 at this point. Dalton would be up there, but he's too nice. That said, he's looked pretty pissed himself lately. Dunlap complained about our offseason moves and just strikes me as a guy who could demand a trade. Atkins is the quiet lunch pail guy, so he'd surprise me the most.

(11-05-2017, 07:36 PM)McC Wrote: Agree with your list.  As to Geno, though, maybe seeing your career being wasted right in front of your eyes could trigger an out of character reaction.

As to AJ, it's starting to look like sooner than later.  It's coming.

But... But but but but Palmer "The Quitter" is the only one who ever demanded a trade!   Whatever

Id actually put Dunlap above Green. With what he's said on social media and just his overall personality, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him demand a trade. AJ, even though he's obviously frustrated, would still sort of surprise me if he demanded out... I wouldn't be shocked, but I don't see it happening... yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your disrespect for these player's character is uncalled for.

These players will just all leave in free agency. Would you wanna stay???
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:49 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: These players will just all leave in free agency. Would you wanna stay???

Leaving in FA is a whole lot different than demanding a trade because you don't like your team. Each of the players listed have been on a playoff team the vast majority of their careers. Just because it looks like they may not make in two years in a row folks are saying they should demand a trade.

Should I list the players every bit as good as the four listed that did not demand a trade while serving on much worse teams?

Reply/Quote

If you don't see this as a very real possibility you're only fooling yourself. This franchise has quite a long history of players wanting out. Given how we've been free falling these last couple of years with no efforts being made to change it, its not crazy to think it may happen again. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:52 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If you don't see this as a very real possibility you're only fooling yourself. This franchise has quite a long history of players wanting out. Given how we've been free falling these last couple of years with no efforts being made to change it, its not crazy to think it may happen again. 

Well consider me "fooling myself"

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well consider me "fooling myself"

In a way, I envy you.
Reply/Quote

Pickens did it. Palmer. Spikes. Dillon. Ochocinco.

Our best players all seemingly ask to be traded.

Who would have ever thought Palmer would demand to be traded or not play?

The players know they can't win here. Why waste a career here?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:52 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If you don't see this as a very real possibility you're only fooling yourself. This franchise has quite a long history of players wanting out. Given how we've been free falling these last couple of years with no efforts being made to change it, its not crazy to think it may happen again. 

That's the key. Players aren't dumb. They notice when we let our 2 best linemen walk (after giving up 41 sacks and ranking 23rd in YPC) and make zero effort to bring in more talent. Dunlap was questioning our offseason moves on twitter. So was Gio.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:46 PM)McC Wrote: It's not disrespect, it's who the hell could blame them.  Big difference.

Yeah. I loved seeing Dillon go to the Patriots and win a Super Bowl. Loved it.

I wish Pickens had got a Super Bowl somewhere.

These guys wanted to win and knew they couldn't do it here.
Reply/Quote

Yep. Plus largely the same management team is in place.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pickens did it. Palmer. Spikes. Dillon. Ochocinco.

Our best players all seemingly ask to be traded.

Who would have ever thought Palmer would demand to be traded or not play?

The players know they can't win here. Why waste a career here?

Character aside. The teams of Palmer, Spikes, Dillon, and 85 are a whole lot different than the team we've seen since the arrival of the players you've listed.

Just because fans are fickle does not mean these players are. Hopefully they take ownership for the current poor record and not say "I wanna be traded because I haven't made the playoffs in a year". 

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: In a way, I envy you.

Don't you mean in every way

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's the key. Players aren't dumb. They notice when we let our 2 best linemen walk (after giving up 41 sacks and ranking 23rd in YPC) and make zero effort to bring in more talent. Dunlap was questioning our offseason moves on twitter. So was Gio.

They know that we allegedly offered Zeitler a $5.5 million extension (according to Lapham) after DeCastro signed for $10 million a year. That says it all.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton...it's a race to see who demands a trade 1st to get out.

All four of these guys totally understand Carson Palmer now!
Reply/Quote