Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green's Actions Says It All
I feel horrible for AJ Green today. When he looks in the mirror he sees Carl Pickens or Darnay Scott looking back at him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Green did to Ramsey what he wants to do to all five offensive linemen.
Reply/Quote
I figured it was the pass that Dalton missed him on for an easy touchdown that was what really pissed him off. But that happens all the time so.....
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't you mean in every way

... Maybe 3
Reply/Quote
Looks like the boxing in the off season this year for AJ paid off.
Reply/Quote
Jesus, AJ says it wasn’t about the season or team & several of you still think differently.

Do you think he won’t apologize to the ownership & team for his behavior?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:27 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Jesus, AJ says it wasn’t about the season or team & several of you still think differently.

I agree, this thread is very misleading and should never have been started as AJ wasn't upset with the season but the player who provoked him on the field after the play.
Reply/Quote
It's definitely time to change the regime at the top of the coaching staff on down. 
We can't get rid of ownership, but the team can make a coaching change. I have my doubts Mikey will even pull the trigger, but it needs to be done before nobody will stay with the team past their rookie contracts. We've seen this movie before so hopefully ownership will see it, but again,  we've seen this movie before. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:27 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I never got to see the play live, but when I got to see what happened through replay and memes on FB, I laughed. Green Threw Ramsey like a rag doll.

I can't really get mad at AJ. He's frustrated. We're all frustrated. We all knew what the offensive line was going to be coming into the year and all it took was the first game to verify that it was a train wreck and the year was going to be a wash.

Honestly, anyone who didn't see this coming is just a homer with blinders on.

The only thing about the AJG takedown of Ramsey that would have been better is if it were Marvin Lewis instead of Ramsey. Now, that would be good stuff.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:27 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Jesus, AJ says it wasn’t about the season or team & several of you still think differently.

He's already apologized but it doesn't take Freud to see there was anger in there bubbling below the surface.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Dalton...it's a race to see who demands a trade 1st to get out.

I dunno. Green and Dalton don't strike me as the type. None of them do, actually, but Atkins and Dunlap are only under contract through 2018, unless they're extended. And they'll be unrestricted free agents. It mightn't be too surprising if one or both of them walked away from this shitshow. Then the Bengals defense would suck as much as the offense!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:36 PM)McC Wrote: Agree with your list.  As to Geno, though, maybe seeing your career being wasted right in front of your eyes could trigger an out of character reaction.

As to AJ, it's starting to look like sooner than later.  It's coming.

Guy has worked too hard to deserve this shit!

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:34 PM)Millhouse Wrote: "A.J. Green said the fight was not caused by anything Ramsey said, but he felt like he was taking cheap spots at him. “He said: The ref came to me (on the) sideline and said next time he puts his hands to your face, we’re going to call it. I let it slide, let it slide, a couple of plays. It’s football. Things get a little rough up there, so I didn’t mind that. But when you start trying to take cheap shots when I’m not looking and stuff like that, then that’s when I’ve got to defend myself and I’m not going to back down from anybody. I have a son, and I’m not going to teach him to back down from anybody like that. It’s a respect thing. I respect all my opponents … but when it gets to a level, when I’m not looking and put myself in danger, I’m going to have to defend myself.”

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40008382-4

The next time? So you get free ones? Punk deserved to get punched for real and not with a helmet on.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:58 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: You never see aj get emotional. It goes to show you the bungles are back! He is the one guy on this team 31 other teams would want. The rest should go for open tryouts.

Every other team would also love to have Geno.

Reply/Quote
I am a huge AJ Green fan. He is one of my top 3 all-time favorite Bengals. He is the definition of professional. The guy comes in, works hard, does his job, and just happens to very damn good at it. He's been visibly frustrated before in his career. It hasn't been often and it's never been like this season. He is frustrated and rightfully so. He's stepping up and calling people out and now he's getting into fights. Green has been done dirtier by the Steelers, Joe Haden, the Ravens, and others than he was by Ramsey today. While Green has been more outspoken and more visibly frustrated this year, I don't believe he would've came out and put the organization on blast today. There was definitely more to it than Ramsey. As I mentioned before though, Green is the very definition of professional.

I feel bad for Green, Dalton, Dunlap, Atkins, and Burfict. I feel bad for the entire team, but these guys certainly deserve better. They're all extremely talented and now they're watching their careers and opportunities pass them by because of piss poor ownership, management, and coaching. I think as fans we all need to realize that it's time to go ahead and blow it up and rebuild. Get as much as we can for these guys and let them go and win and be a part of actual properly ran organizations. Bring in an entirely new coaching staff, build around our current young talent, and watch Brown **** it all up all over again.
Reply/Quote

Some posters feel the need to transpose their feelings onto AJ in order let them feel like they actually have a pulse on what is going on with the team. According to them, don't listen to what AJ says, because they know more than he does.
Reply/Quote
A.J. Green blowing up, of all people, just shows that Marvin has lost control of the team. He needs to be replaced, the sooner the better.
Reply/Quote
Folks need to realize that AJ is not as fickle as many fans are. They want him to be fed up with the team because they are, but it's not the case. The first person that the dude "fed up with the team" apologized to was the team owner.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I still don't see what led Green to attacking Ramsey. He mentioned cheap shots. How many? When?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:20 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I still don't see what led Green to attacking Ramsey. He mentioned cheap shots. How many? When?

Apparently Ramsey was grasping at Greens facemask every play (or so Green says)....

He was playing a little dirty, but any good corner does... AJ was just frustrated he was getting blanketed all day.

I for one enjoyed AJs beatdown of Ramsey.

Fans are swinging it like AJ is the loser, but I was all for the ninja assassin attack.
Reply/Quote