Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green's Actions Says It All
There is no way to say this without it sounding bad but I'm glad he snapped. Shows he has some fire and passion. I like AJ but he always seemed to be too calm. I'm sure he's regretting resigning with this dumpster fire, but then again he's making millions so.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Curious to see AJ's explanation.

You do realize Ramsey the same guy that disrespected Steve Smith, if a player like AJ that doesn't have a propensity for things like that it's obvious Ramsey was saying things out of line,especially after AJ beat him deep but Daulton unfortunately threw the ball poorly out of bounds. Instead of Ramsey realizing that he was beat he most likely started talking shit like he was Deion Sanders. Imo
Reply/Quote
I always thought of AJ Green as a classy guy, he broke that illusion. Thanks AJ.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I always thought of AJ Green as a classy guy, he broke that illusion. Thanks AJ.

He is a classy guy, but everyone has a breaking point. AJ's was reached today with a punk like Ramsey.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Character aside. The teams of Palmer, Spikes, Dillon, and 85 are a whole lot different than the team we've seen since the arrival of the players you've listed.

Just because fans are fickle does not mean these players are. Hopefully they take ownership for the current poor record and not say "I wanna be traded because I haven't made the playoffs in a year". 

It's not so much about not making the playoffs for a year (we had only not made the playoffs for a year when we needed to completely reboot after the 2010 season, right?) and it's about players recognizing that they aren't being supported by the franchise. 
Reply/Quote
The elephant is just now tumbling to the ground after the charge. The fatal shot hit it in the head with 2:00 minutes left to go in the Pittsburgh playoff game. Marvin's firing should have been announced the net day. Well really it should have been years before that, but anyways.

I truly feel sorry for AJ, Andy, Carlos, Geno. Well really the whole team to have to suffer through this BS. Nothing would delight me more than to hear the entire team refuses to play another snap until Mike Brown steps down and the entire coaching staff is replaced. Enough is enough !

AJ just had to much frustration built up from putting up with years of incompetence !
Reply/Quote
No one is demanding a trade, trust me.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 12:54 AM)jowczarski Wrote: No one is demanding a trade, trust me.

Yet.  But stay tuned.  Don't forget, we've seen this movie before.  This is how the end begins.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately it will probably be more than just monetary and may include a suspension as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 01:30 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Unfortunately it will probably be more than just monetary and may include a suspension as well.

Well, if OBJ only got one game for trying to end Josh Norman's career with a spear cheap shot, there is no way a guy with a spotless record like Green pulls more than a game....unless the league is just going to bend this team over because...you know...Bengals.

Throwing punches on the field has happened before, and if I recall it is usually an ejection and a fine, but that's it. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Congrats AJ, you made the dailymail too! Nervous Nervous Nervous Nervous

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5052597/NFL-stars-AJ-Green-Jalen-Ramsey-ejected.html
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 01:52 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Congrats AJ, you made the dailymail too!  Nervous  Nervous  Nervous  Nervous

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5052597/NFL-stars-AJ-Green-Jalen-Ramsey-ejected.html

The comments beneath that article make my head hurt. Seriously, the people who wrote them need to be a part of the next mass extinction and that needs to happen before the year ends.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:27 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Jesus, AJ says it wasn’t about the season or team & several of you still think differently.

Do you think he won’t apologize to the ownership & team for his behavior?

Of course he's going to say that after the game. 

Don't try and tell me you've never gotten angry at something, reacted, and instantly regretted you action because you knew nothing good will come of it. So you give some bullshit excuse just to smooth things over. 

Everyone over the age of 4 has done that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 12:54 AM)jowczarski Wrote: No one is demanding a trade, trust me.

Get back to me when you've been through the Pickens, Spikes and Dillon era...

This isn't a long time Bengals fan's first rodeo. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Of course he's going to say that after the game. 

Don't try and tell me you've never gotten angry at something, reacted, and instantly regretted you action because you knew nothing good will come of it. So you give some bullshit excuse just to smooth things over. 

Everyone over the age of 4 has done that. 

He hasn't smoothed over anything this year? He has called for the ball, and thrown the line under the bus.

If he wanted to blame the organization, he could have...

This was between him and Ramsey. People keep trying to make it more than that, when it isn't.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Green
2. Dunlap
3. Dalton
4. Atkins

Is how I'd rate their chances. Green is easily #1 at this point. Dalton would be up there, but he's too nice. That said, he's looked pretty pissed himself lately. Dunlap complained about our offseason moves and just strikes me as a guy who could demand a trade. Atkins is the quiet lunch pail guy, so he'd surprise me the most.

1. Dunlap
2. Green
3. Dalton
4. Atkins

That's how I see it. I think a coaching change would alleviate some of Green's frustrations but I feel Dunlap is moreso frustrated with the organization as a whole.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Get back to me when you've been through the Pickens, Spikes and Dillon era...

This isn't a long time Bengals fan's first rodeo. 

Carson Palmer.....
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I have little doubt it's a combination of things. AJ just hasn't seemed like himself lately. He's been cynical in a couple of post game press conferences (justifiably so), he's had a constant frustrated look in his eye, you could see his frustration on the field several times... AJ is normally not like that. And he's certainly not one to throw punches.

There's more to it than mere words and a shove from Ramsey.

Completely agree.  I think this season and the last is really stretching Green (and Dalton's) ability to be good soldiers for Mike/Marv.

Since the day he has come into the league he's been our #1 threat and go to guy.   We play the likes of the Steelers and Ravens D twice a year, he's faced pretty aggressive/mouthy DB's like Josh Norman, Haden, Mitchell throughout his career.

You telling me he's not faced some of the cr*p Jalen Ramsey was putting his way before!??

In an era of diva receivers the most controversial thing he has done is punt the ball after a TD reception -that's it.

To go from that to what we saw yesterday.....I think that locker room may be a hair's breadth away from turmoil.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:22 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Completely agree.  I think this season and the last is really stretching Green (and Dalton's) ability to be good soldiers for Mike/Marv.

Since the day he has come into the league he's been our #1 threat and go to guy.   We play the likes of the Steelers and Ravens D twice a year, he's faced pretty aggressive/mouthy DB's like Josh Norman, Haden, Mitchell throughout his career.

You telling me he's not faced some of the cr*p Jalen Ramsey was putting his way before!??

In an era of diva receivers the most controversial thing he has done is punt the ball after a TD reception -that's it.

To go from that to what we saw yesterday.....I think that locker room may be a hair's breadth away from turmoil.

Simply amazing. The man said he would not allow the cheap shot from behind by Ramsey, knocking him to the ground, to stand.... that as a man, he had to show his son not to let people do that to you. And yet posters here choose not to believe what the man says, instead insisting their feelings are his. AJ has always been plain spoken. I take him at his word.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:46 PM)snowy Wrote: I dunno. Green and Dalton don't strike me as the type. None of them do, actually, but Atkins and Dunlap are only under contract through 2018, unless they're extended. And they'll be unrestricted free agents. It mightn't be too surprising if one or both of them walked away from this shitshow. Then the Bengals defense would suck as much as the offense!

Defense looked pretty shitty to me yesterday. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote