Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gresham is visiting the Saints
(06-04-2015, 03:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we might actually miss the guy...then again, I thought the Steelers would miss San Antonio Holmes.

You could definately be right. No matter the player coming out of college
it is usually pretty dumb to think you can just replace a good player like
Gresham with a rookie, and i like Kroft a lot.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 03:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we might actually miss the guy...then again, I thought the Steelers would miss San Antonio Holmes.

Same here, and Mike Wallace after that. They just keep plugging in receivers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I hope he signs with the Saints. I always liked Gresham and never thought of him as the "villain" character that he gave himself. I agree that he had a fumbling problem early on, but he did improve on it. The problem was that he had a lot of early mistakes in his career that people never let them go when criticizing him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 04:45 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I hope he signs with the Saints. I always liked Gresham and never thought of him as the "villain" character that he gave himself. I agree that he had a fumbling problem early on, but he did improve on it. The problem was that he had a lot of early mistakes in his career that people never let them go when criticizing him.

I actually kind of understand why people gave him crap. He might of cut back on the
penalties and fumbles as of late but it was the timing of the penalties that bothered me
and the fact he still held the ball out there which is terrible technique.

He just didn't learn, Eifert looked like he had his head on out there more-so than Gresh
did as a rookie IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I actually kind of understand why people gave him crap. He might of cut back on the
penalties and fumbles as of late but it was the timing of the penalties that bothered me
and the fact he still held the ball out there which is terrible technique.

He just didn't learn, Eifert looked like he had his head on out there more-so than Gresh
did as a rookie IMHO.

If technique was his problem, then perhaps we should get a competent TE coach.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You could definately be right. No matter the player coming out of college
it is usually pretty dumb to think you can just replace a good player like
Gresham with a rookie, and i like Kroft a lot.

yeah nothing can be said for experience... Something though with gresham cause friction between him and the coaches or i gotta believe he'd still be here.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 04:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same here, and Mike Wallace after that. They just keep plugging in receivers.

Its that ben guy... and he buys them all sorts of time to get open.. dude is like one of those punching clowns with sand in the bottom... you hit it over and over and it still standing there with that goofy look on its face.
Reply/Quote
I never thought he was soft & he seemed to clean up the penalties at the last. Knew he was gone after that last game when Lap dogged him. Wish him the best & hope this years team doesn't miss him at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 05:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its that ben guy... and he buys them all sorts of time to get open.. dude is like one of those punching clowns with sand in the bottom...  you hit it over and over and it still standing there with that goofy look on its face.

I really don't like Ben (what Bengals fan does?), but he's a fantastic QB. Underrated IMO. 

I consider him elite, and I can't wait til he retires because he's keeping the Steelers relevant.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 04:45 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I hope he signs with the Saints. I always liked Gresham and never thought of him as the "villain" character that he gave himself. I agree that he had a fumbling problem early on, but he did improve on it. The problem was that he had a lot of early mistakes in his career that people never let them go when criticizing him.

Not really true. He's had 6 fumbles over the last 2 seasons (108 catches). He's actually gotten worse in that category.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 04:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same here, and Mike Wallace after that. They just keep plugging in receivers.

I think it's just that Roethlisburger is good.  Wallace didn't do much after he left.  I'm not sure about Holmes.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 05:53 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think it's just that Roethlisburger is good.  Wallace didn't do much after he left.  I'm not sure about Holmes.

I agree on Pig Ben. Wallace and Holmes were solid after they left Pissburgh, but not quite as good as they were with Ben.

Then again, I forgot about Emmanuel Sanders, who improved tremendously after he left. He was playing with Peyton though.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 05:53 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think it's just that Roethlisburger is good.  Wallace didn't do much after he left.  I'm not sure about Holmes.

Schemes had much to do with it. Minnesota runs a more vertical offense with Teddy being capable of throwing it deep. Miami runs more of a WC style offense, because Tannehill is not very good with the deep ball and that's Wallace's specialty.

Anyways, watch out for Washington, depending on how badly Reed is hurt, they might call him up next to come visit.
Reply/Quote
I think Gresh has talent, but it just seemed like he tried to rely on his ability and not prepare. His fumbles were all the same, ball away from his body trying to stretch for extra yard. Stretching for extra yards is fine, but for God sake tuck the ball. Gresh is a pretty good blocker, but the turnovers and drops were a killer. If he does not work on his weaknesses, Drew Brees will lose confidence in him and he will be just another tight end with an occasional good game. Kind of like he did for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Gresham had everything to be the best TE in the league talent wise. Just was infuriatingly inconsistent and when game-plans were centred on him, like in the Playoffs, he choked. I wish him well, would love to see him tear it up for the Saints. Also to those who said he was soft and a poor blocker, this is the same man who pancaked Geno during the Hard Knocks Oklahoma drills...

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 02:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah Gresh only drops the ones he has to leap for.  Rolleyes

And Dalton sails every throw.  Rolleyes

Never said that was the only reason, but you think it doesn't play into it? A.J. Green was as sure handed as they come, and last season, more drops, more routes he broke off or balls he didn't try for because Andy is not consistent. You think a wide out doesn't get tired of inaccurate throws? You think a wide out doesn't start to realize the ball may or may not be where it's supposed to be? Put any receiver on a team with Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers and see how they elevate their play. The ball is on time, where it's supposed to be. A receiver trust his QB isn't going to hang him out to dry or miss him completely. Better coaching, better QB play, I don't see any way that Gresh doesn't show the first round talent he had.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Good fit, and could be a steal for the Saints. I'm rooting for him. I think he got a raw deal with how it all went down late last year. Especially now that we know he needed surgery. Injured bad enough to scare teams away. Best to luck to him. It's not his fault we can't develop TE's. Or don't know how to use them (now we got 4 of them). If healthy, someone should be willing to take a gamble on what they can get out of him outside of false starts and not protecting the ball when fighting for more yards.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:37 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Would love to see what Gresham does in the Saints offense just out of curiosity. Personally I think Gresham is average.

Me too. If he really lights it up in Hot-lanta, we will know it was the "Hayes effect" in Cincy to blame for Gresham's mediocre results as a first round pick by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 04:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If technique was his problem, then perhaps we should get a competent TE coach.

Uh huh...

I have been wanting us to replace both of the Hayes bros for some time.
(06-04-2015, 04:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah nothing can be said for experience...   Something though with gresham cause friction between him and the coaches or i gotta believe he'd still be here.

Don't know what it was, Lapham giving him crap or what. Hobspin made it pretty damn clear he was not coming back.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 06:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree on Pig Ben. Wallace and Holmes were solid after they left Pissburgh, but not quite as good as they were with Ben.

Then again, I forgot about Emmanuel Sanders, who improved tremendously after he left. He was playing with Peyton though.

As much as i hate the Steelers Antonio Brown and E-Money were pretty damn impressive last year the both of them.

Antonio Brown especially, dude is fast and runs great routes, great after the catch.

Iloka needs to level him this year and take him out of the game.
Reply/Quote