Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guenther Staying Put!
(01-07-2017, 05:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, you know that allowing an opponent to force you off of your game plan would be like admitting that they game planned better than you did, or acknowledging that they were just physically superior that day.  Now we all know good and well that the correct answer is "We just have to work harder"... Ninja

So true lmao

(01-07-2017, 05:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I agree that Guenther is probably being groomed to the next HC of the Bengals, but I don't know about it being an upgrade. Paulie has been with, and been mentored by Marvin for a long time.

Maybe he will have is own unique style and not just be Marvin 2.0, but all in all, I would rather see someone from outside the organization....with not ties to the previous 14 years.  Whatever

Well, i would rather have someone out of the org as well. This just seems more likely.

Geunther adjusts Holic. Evident after the bye week.

That is an upgrade over Marv who doesn't know what adjusting is. He just rides that one trick pony plan into the ground.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 05:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, remember at the bye when Paulie G was trying to change things up and play some new players
and Marv shot that down and said something like that isn't going to happen.

Just happy Guenther kept on keepin on and the Defense turned it around with his lead. Great job by him
even more so with getting stabbed in the back by the Marv.

CANNING MARVIN WOULD BE A GREAT ADJUSTMENT.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 05:24 PM)Derrick Wrote: CANNING MARVIN WOULD BE A GREAT ADJUSTMENT.

True, MB doesn't know the meaning either.
Reply/Quote
He's OK but not great.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think I like Guenther because I have a house in Wildwood, NJ. When I'm there, I look around and see him everywhere. Not really him, but you know what I mean. Bad sunglasses, gum chomping, the whole nine. I can just tell that he calls everyone "tough guy".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Soooo does that mean he wanted to leave and go to Washington???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like him, so glad he's staying, but I HATE that teams have the ability to deny a person the right to make decisions about their own life. Coaches aren't players and should be able to change jobs whenever they want. I'm concerned about the mindset and desire of a coach that wants to leave and is only given the option of stay or retire.
Reply/Quote
Fine with me. His D gave us a chance to win pretty much every game other than Dallas & NE. They played pretty well once Burfict got going. Other than Urban and Simmons he's one of the better coaches on this staff, imo.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I like him, so glad he's staying, but I HATE that teams have the ability to deny a person the right to make decisions about their own life. Coaches aren't players and should be able to change jobs whenever they want. I'm concerned about the mindset and desire of a coach that wants to leave and is only given the option of stay or retire.
They can leave for a promotion. They can't make a lateral move if they are under contract... I think. I could be making that up though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:38 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Soooo does that mean he wanted to leave and go to Washington???

I asked the same thing earlier. I think all we can say for sure is Washington asked permission to talk to him and the bengals said no. I have not seen anything saying whether he would have actually had any interest in going there. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not 100% sold on this. However, since the second half was much better than the first, I hope the success continues. If not? Got to go! Who am I kidding? If he is successful he will be gone in a year. If not? He will be here for life.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:53 PM)jason Wrote: They can leave for a promotion. They can't make a lateral move if they are under contract... I think. I could be making that up though.

That's right, but that's the rule I don't like that I was referring to.
Reply/Quote
Were we actually worried about someone picking Guenther up?

I know I wasn't...

Not that I'm upset that he's staying. He's a solid coach.

He just wasn't really generating any hype for being a head coach headed into the off season.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 12:30 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Were we actually worried about someone picking Guenther up?

I know I wasn't...

Not that I'm upset that he's staying. He's a solid coach.

He just wasn't really generating any hype for being a head coach headed into the off season.

Read the article dawg. Jay Gruden wanted him as his DC but the Bengals blocked it like they did Vance Joseph.
Reply/Quote
1. I expected no change, so this is completely not surprising
2. Guenther is a coach I like anyway
3. I agree with others that he's probably our top in house candidate for HC. How would he not be?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:53 PM)jason Wrote: They can leave for a promotion. They can't make a lateral move if they are under contract... I think. I could be making that up though.

Didn't they block Vance from a DC job once? That would've been a promotion for him at the time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 01:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Didn't they block Vance from a DC job once? That would've been a promotion for him at the time.

I believe the only unblockable promotion is to head coach.
Reply/Quote
In other news, tri-state golden coral franchisees rejoice.
Reply/Quote
get rid of our crappy LB coach Haslett who has always been a horrible coach and we will better immediately.

Bring in rex Ryan to coach our LBS lol.

bring in anyone. Haslett destroys teams. ive said and stated it many times. He is terrible.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 11:38 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Soooo does that mean he wanted to leave and go to Washington???

I think it means he never got the chance.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote