Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess AJs production for this Sunday night
(11-25-2015, 01:25 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: He had 67 yards against the Texans. Julio Jones only put up 38 yards against the Texans. 67 yards per game is enough for a 1000 yard season.

Right....I know that.....but when we're talking big numbers, it helps to put up over 200 a time or two in a season against inferior competition to offset when you have off games.  No one here in their right mind is questioning whether or not Green is a great receiver and all around great individual.  Is he elite?  That's the question.  I think he could be, if he was more physical against physical competition....like a Peterson, Haden, etc.  Michael Irvine notices it, and so do I.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Um.....I just did?

Yes, all WRs have off games...but the great ones beat good competition, AJ has struggled against it.  Anyone who watches this team week to week knows this without Google.

Actually anyone who watches the NFL knows this is not true.

I have asked over and over again.  Please give me a list of the wrs that never get shut down by good CBs.

Just give me the names and I will prove you are wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right....I know that.....but when we're talking big numbers, it helps to put up over 200 a few times in a season against inferior competition when you have off games.  No one here in their right mind is questioning whether or not Green is a great receiver and all around great individual.  Is he elite?  That's the question.  I think he could be, if he was more physical against physical competition....like a Peterson, Haden, etc.  Michael Irvine notices it, and so do I.

Just give me the names of the elite WRs who never struggle against any coverage.

Since you are so certain of this it shouldn't be hard for you to just give me the names, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually anyone who watches the NFL knows this is not true.

I have asked over and over again.  Please give me a list of the wrs that never get shut down by good CBs.

Just give me the names and I will prove you are wrong.

Jerry Rice Ninja

Who said "never"?  Just seems it happens to AJ against physical type CBs nearly every time he faces them.  What were his numbers vs Ike Taylor before Ike fell of the cliff?  Haden?  Peterson? 

You seem to have time to look it up....go for it.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just give me the names of the elite WRs who never struggle against any coverage.

Since you are so certain of this it shouldn't be hard for you to just give me the names, right?

There's that word again.  Where did I say that?  

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: There's that word again.  Where did I say that?  

Backpeddle much?  Smirk

Just give me a list of the WRs who do so much better against good CBs than Green.

Apparently you are unable to do any actual research yourself.  So I will do it for you.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....but I think Browns 2014 was just an overall dumpster fire.  Andy had a HORRIBLE game that night for sure.  Seems I remember hearing the same thing I heard against Houston coming from the commentators that game to though...."no one is getting open".  Of course, if they were, he couldn't hit them.  Scheme?  Execution?  Who knows for sure?

I like to think I've watched a goodly amount of football in the past few decades and I can say I can't recall a team that can win 10+ games per year but look like a 3-13 squad in isolated incidents.  I don't think I'm being melodramatic here, but perhaps I am.  The funniest/saddest thing is when we say stuff like "no playoff wins in 25 years" and "1-13(?) in Sunday night games since 2004" and people say "Leave the past behind!"

Both of those streaks are firmly at the feet of Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis and they aren't the past; they are the present, and future of this team.  When the whole team looks awful it is on the head coach and/or ownership.  Personally, I'm still confident we can win a playoff game this year, but I also thought we were over the whole "not showing up at all" phase, as well.  Ok, generic rant over.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:36 PM)Wyche Wrote:   Haden?  

Haden has given Green problems at times, but green also has games of 110 yds and 135 yds against Haden.

That is how it works with almost every WR.  Sometimes they win, and sometimes the CB wins.

Julio Jones was held to 68 yards last year against Haden.

in 2013 Calvin Johnson was held to 25 yards on 3 catches by Haden.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:36 PM)Wyche Wrote:  What were his numbers vs Ike Taylor before Ike fell of the cliff?

When did Ike Taylor "fall off a cliff"?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Backpeddle much?  Smirk

Just give me a list of the WRs who do so much better against good CBs than Green.

Apparently you are unable to do any actual research yourself.  So I will do it for you.

I'm able....just don't want to.  I've been down this road with you before....if I were to post up stats to verify my claim, you'd cherry pick quotes out of context, until I called you out on that, then disappear.  Sorry, not biting today fred....phone's ringing too much. Wink

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When did Ike Taylor "fall off a cliff"?

The rule changes on contact were a big part....but he stared slipping a little around '12/'13.  Then, obviously, the arm break in '14 ended it.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I like to think I've watched a goodly amount of football in the past few decades and I can say I can't recall a team that can win 10+ games per year but look like a 3-13 squad in isolated incidents.  I don't think I'm being melodramatic here, but perhaps I am.  The funniest/saddest thing is when we say stuff like "no playoff wins in 25 years" and "1-13(?) in Sunday night games since 2004" and people say "Leave the past behind!"

Both of those streaks are firmly at the feet of Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis and they aren't the past; they are the present, and future of this team.  When the whole team looks awful it is on the head coach and/or ownership.  Personally, I'm still confident we can win a playoff game this year, but I also thought we were over the whole "not showing up at all" phase, as well.  Ok, generic rant over.

.....lot of merit to this.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Haden has given Green problems at times, but green also has games of 110 yds and 135 yds against Haden.

That is how it works with almost every WR.  Sometimes they win, and sometimes the CB wins.

Julio Jones was held to 68 yards last year against Haden.

in 2013 Calvin Johnson was held to 25 yards on 3 catches by Haden.

I know Michel Floyd (the Cardinals WR who was out when we played them) totally burned Hayden a few times this year.  Like you said, sometimes the WR wins, sometimes the CB wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know Michel Floyd (the Cardinals WR who was out when we played them) totally burned Hayden a few times this year.  Like you said, sometimes the WR wins, sometimes the CB wins.

I guess my hangup has been the elite title.  I wouldn't consider Floyd elite.....maybe it's a familiarity thing in the North....but then again, Peterson doesn't play in the AFCN, so....

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I like to think I've watched a goodly amount of football in the past few decades and I can say I can't recall a team that can win 10+ games per year but look like a 3-13 squad in isolated incidents.  I don't think I'm being melodramatic here, but perhaps I am.  The funniest/saddest thing is when we say stuff like "no playoff wins in 25 years" and "1-13(?) in Sunday night games since 2004" and people say "Leave the past behind!"

Patriots vs the Cheifs last year is a great example if your looking for one not involving the Bengals.

Packers the last 3 games before this win were BAD!!!!! but they dont consistantly win 10+ either so i guess thats out.

as far as it being on Mike Brown i can only agree in the sense that he can fire Marvin.. He doesnt Coach any of these guys or call any of the plays on the field. He has helped build a very nice roster as is his job. Marvin and Company have to plan and motivate better and the players have to execute better
Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron - No production whatsoever
AJ Green - 11 catches out of 13 targets for 237 yards and 3 Touchdowns
Tyler Eifert - 8 catches out of 9 targets for 187 yards and 3 Touchdowns
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If by scorched you mean he had two balls go off his hands for INTs, I hope he doesn't scorch anyone else.  

That was Sanu iirc
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: I guess my hangup has been the elite title.  I wouldn't consider Floyd elite.....maybe it's a familiarity thing in the North....but then again, Peterson doesn't play in the AFCN, so....

I wouldn't consider Floyd elite either, I'm just pointing out that a #2 WR beat Hayden (who left the game with a hamstring injury after a failed chase-down once he got behind him I think) which substantiates the toss-up nature of the WR/CB battle.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 01:04 PM)eoxyod Wrote: That was Sanu iirc

No, it wasn't.  They only mentioned one INT going off Green's hands, but both of the INTs that day bounced off Green.  One while running and should have been an easy catch, and the other as he fell to the ground.  

"Two turnovers undercut what they did. Green had a pass go off his hands for an interception inside the Bears' 20-yard line. And Mohamed Sanu fumbled inside the 20 after a catch, giving Chicago a chance to pull off its go-ahead touchdown drive."
Reply/Quote