Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Election Thoughts
(11-09-2016, 11:17 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Johnson has said he doesn't plan to run again in 2020, so maybe we can get a real libertarian in there. Preferably Amash or Petersen.  :andy:

Rand Paul is a Libertarian, he just hasn't accepted the title. IF there are any people of power in the Libertarian camp, they should reach out to him to change his title. 

A question I have is did that Senator (WV?) change parties?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-10-2016, 01:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Rand Paul is a Libertarian, he just hasn't accepted the title. IF there are any people of power in the Libertarian camp, they should reach out to him to change his title. 

A question I have is did that Senator (WV?) change parties?

Rand is the man. I'm a registered republican, but definitely more of a libertarian. I'll vote Rand if he runs in the next primaries. Unfortunately he didn't make it to MD this time. I'd also be happy if he jumped ship and ran as the Libertarian in 2020. 

Amash? No he's still a registered republican, but there's been some rumblings he may run as a libertarian in the near future.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(11-09-2016, 12:44 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: An interesting article on the "Trump Revolution":

http://www.juancole.com/2016/11/rebelled-neoliberalism-literally.html
B-Zona, for the most part I think that article is spot on. 

Neoliberal policies have hurt the working class--but in revenge, they have voted FOR the party most responsible for them and AGAINST the Democrats. The Clinton's flirtation with neoliberalism, probably necessary to keep them in power during the '90s, has come back to haunt them.

Still the consequences will be tremendous for those who thought the Dems were the real problem.

There is an intervening irony. The one thing that helped working class whites with their increasing health problems was Obamacare. But that help was blunted by the Republican statehouses that refused to support it. So some of the rage of the workers about Obamacare was connived at by the GOP, which didn’t want them to have health care in the first place. (The GOP only really represents big business, which didn’t want to pay for it).

It will be interesting to see if the Trump administration really breaks left on a range of domestic issues like healthcare and the minimum wage, or Obama's agenda is scrapped for the Ryan/tea party agenda--Neoliberalism on steroids.  I am thinking probably the latter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-10-2016, 05:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: I pointed out earlier the people who thought Trump would actually go after "locking up" Hillary were misguided, here we have two people very close to Trump trying to side step the question on if they will actually do it, even giving off a vibe of "let's move on".

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/giuliani-christie-interviews-clinton-prosecutor/index.html

I wonder if those so excited about it, will be pissed when they figure it out.

It will be interesting to watch.

Another point is as of now Trump is no longer an "outsider".  He is part of the political elite.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-10-2016, 05:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: It will be interesting to watch.

Another point is as of now Trump is no longer an "outsider".  He is part of the political elite.

Sorry i deleted my post and moved it to the "which promises will he keep" thread or whatever it is titled.