Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess the 2nd Rounder
I don't agree with it, but I expect them to take Joe Mixon if he lasts that long.
Reply/Quote
Bowser. Because the dude has a nose for the ball, good at rushing the passer, if he were at Alabama or Ohio State he would have been ranked as a top 20 pick and c'mon... The dude's last name is BOWSER. Here's my second round big board.

1. Joe Mixon
When you didn't think our offense could look any more dangerous, the Bengals could take the best RB in the draft.

2. Tim Williams or Tyus BOWSER
Tim might be the best pure pass rusher in this draft. He's my favorite prospect out of anyone from Alabama's defense in this years draft. Off field questions may let him slide to the 3rd. A steal at this point for whoever takes him. Promise.

3. Jordan Willis
Kid had a freakish combine. Haven't seen too much tape on him, but I know a lot of you like him and probably know a lot more of him than me, so I would support this pick as it is a likely scenario if he's there.

4. Forest Lamp
Probably the smartest/not sexiest pick here and I think if Mixon isn't there and Lamp is you have to take him to keep Dalton off his ass.

5. Budda Baker
Just note that I'm really high on this guy, but if any of the above players are available and we take this Baker I'd be a little upset. Hooker would've been okay cause he is the next Ed Reed so yeah... lol
Reply/Quote
GB is going RB so Cook is off the board. Bengals go Mixon, Cunningham, or best OL available.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My top 5 goes as follows:

1.) Cam Robinson, OT/G- Great value here if he reaches us, but I seriously doubt it. Just couldn't leave him off in case he did fall as everyone else tries to get shiny toys. He would provide competition at LT and if Ced wins the job, we have a guy that could start at any other line position except Center and be dominant.

2.) Kevin King, CB- I know people would freak out if they drafted a CB, but I see him as a first round talent. He has significant length and is a ballhawk. Could also play safety as well. Have a higher grade on him than everyone remaining except Robinson. Remember, we only have Dennard under contract for this upcoming season and no one seems to think Adam Jones will be here long. That leaves WJIII and Dre. Paper thin depth, though I really like Shaw as our slot CB, King could provide excellent depth and potentially play safety.

3.) Jordan Willis, DE- Could be there and would provide an immediate upgrade on pass rushing downs from the RDE spot. Like that he has played a lot of LDE as well. Some players struggle from the left side, not Willis. He is also incredibly strong, team-oriented, and would likely send some of the Bengal's defenders running back to the weight room. Speed kills on offense, and strength wears people down and wins on defense. He is the strongest DE in the draft and he ran a ridiculous 4.59 at the combine.

4.) Zach Cunningham- Could be long-term solution should Burfict freak out or if Vigil can't stay healthy. Rangy LB that is a tackling machine. He needs to get stronger, but he played in a very tough conference with only marginal talent around him and made plays all over the field. We need speed on defense? This guy has it in spades.

5.) Obi Melifonwu- Ok, I am falling in love with measurables here a bit, but I have never seen a guy his size move like he does. Can you imagine having the height of Iloka and Melifonwu on the field together? It would be like trying to throw the ball through windmills. He is raw, and this is an early spot for a project (hey, it is the Bengal's second round pick), but I don't see another Taylor Mays, I see another Cam Chancellor but this one can run. I might even take him over Cunningham on the basis that I don't have to worry about this kid being strong enough. Can play nickel LB or safety right now. Hell, I might even blitz him a couple times...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:25 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: GB is going RB so Cook is off the board. Bengals go Mixon, Cunningham, or best OL available.

I really, really don't want Mixon...or Cook for that matter, but to a lesser extent.  There will be very good RBs available in the 3rd round.  Defense should get the second pick, unless somehow Cam Robinson continues to slide.  
Reply/Quote
You don't pass on Cam Robinson if he's there at 41, I don't give a shit who we drafted two years ago. This whole excuse that we took OTs in Rounds 1 & 2, and they need to play is bullshit. If they were that good we would have seen it by now.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
In no particular order, I want

McDowell
Mixon
Buddha
Cook
Cunningham
Pocic

If we can somehow grab two of the above, I'm getting drunk again tonight!!

Who Dey!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've been watching Dalvin since he came to Tallahassee....if he's there and they don't take him....they're dumber than I thought.

I agree 100% on the talent alone, but more and more red flags...I just would like to build a championship team with guys that I feel like I can count on.  From a pure "fit" standpoint, is he a move the chains bruiser or does he need space to operate?  I love his hands, and only McCaffery is a better receiving threat. 

After watching him take over that Michigan game, it was easy to fall in love with the guy.  I just don't know if that is the guy we would have day in and day out.  One thing I hate (don't mean to make this political at all...I believe in the 2nd amendment, but I am not a fan of guns and I think some societal issues give rise to easy mistakes with them) is the repeated gun issues.  

Still, it is a 2nd round pick, and he could be viewed as McCaffery talent in Rd 2.  I have attached an interesting article.  It is a bit long, but a very interesting read.  

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/25/nfl-draft-dalvin-cook-red-flags-character-concerns-scouts-florida-state-miami-dade
Reply/Quote
If Mixon is there, no doubt he is the guy. I wouldn't even be surprised to see the Bengals trade with GB just to be sure we get him.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:07 AM)Shady Wrote: I hope it comes down to this

Packers - Dalvin Cook
Seahawks -  F Moreau, CB, UCLA
Jags - F Lamp
Bears - B. Baker, S.
Rams - C Hansen, WR,
Chrgers - T Tabor, CB
Jets -  A Stewart, WR
Panthers - C Lawson, DE
Bengals - Mixon or McDowell

Your list makes a lot of sense, but I can't seem to grasp passing on Cam Robinson as the only offensive position I would consider in Rd 2.  If the Bengals don't get an impact defensive player here, there will be slim pickings in Rd 3, but RBs will still have options.  
Reply/Quote
Hoping for Lamp or Robinson.We have no depth on the line.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:57 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: If Mixon is there, no doubt he is the guy. I wouldn't even be surprised to see the Bengals trade with GB just to be sure we get him.

Is Mixon really a better talent than Cook?  His red flags waive faster and higher than Cook's from where I am standing.  I'm not arguing, but honestly asking your opinion.  

I think Cook is the better talent, but I haven't really evaluated Mixon because I wanted nothing to do with him.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:42 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You don't pass on Cam Robinson if he's there at 41, I don't give a shit who we drafted two years ago. This whole excuse that we took OTs in Rounds 1 & 2, and they need to play is bullshit. If they were that good we would have seen it by now.

This! 
Reply/Quote
Cam Robinson or Dalvin Cook.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Cook and Mixon will be gone to Seattle and Greenbay.

The Bengals are gettign crapped on with the manuevering around in this draft. They could have traded back into the 1st for their 2nd and one of their 4ths to take a RB that they NEED. Instead, they just sit there. Frankly, it looks like luck that guys fell to them in the past rather than smarts.

This draft is going to be ugly, I'm afraid.
Reply/Quote
Depending what the Packers do and if anyone else trades up in front of the Bengals I think it will be one of Mixon, Cook, or Kamara and that is the likely order of how they would go IMO.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Mixon, Cook, McDowell, Lamp, Robinson, Awuzie, McMillan... So many good picks available.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Rivers or Lamp pls
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: After the 1st, Who you got?

I got cincy trading McCarron for at least a second and picking up Mixon and either Walker or McDowell.
Reply/Quote
Mixon or cook and I won't be able to wipe the smile off my face. The offense would be hard to defend. All of the sudden there would Talent and speed everywhere.

Reply/Quote