Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess the 2nd Rounder
Best player in the front seven that they like. Lawson, Willis, Bowser, Walker, etc. I could live with an o-line pick also, but it is time to hit a need area.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I agree 100% on the talent alone, but more and more red flags...I just would like to build a championship team with guys that I feel like I can count on.  From a pure "fit" standpoint, is he a move the chains bruiser or does he need space to operate?  I love his hands, and only McCaffery is a better receiving threat. 

After watching him take over that Michigan game, it was easy to fall in love with the guy.  I just don't know if that is the guy we would have day in and day out.  One thing I hate (don't mean to make this political at all...I believe in the 2nd amendment, but I am not a fan of guns and I think some societal issues give rise to easy mistakes with them) is the repeated gun issues.  

Still, it is a 2nd round pick, and he could be viewed as McCaffery talent in Rd 2.  I have attached an interesting article.  It is a bit long, but a very interesting read.  

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/25/nfl-draft-dalvin-cook-red-flags-character-concerns-scouts-florida-state-miami-dade

He's more of a poor man's Barry Sanders, makes people miss, and doesn't require a lot of space to maneuver.  He plays faster than he really is.  He's pretty stout, and can break a tackle, but he's no LF bruiser type.  He's a homerun threat every time he touches the ball moving the chains kinda guy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:51 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He's more of a poor man's Barry Sanders, makes people miss, and doesn't require a lot of space to maneuver.  He plays faster than he really is.  He's pretty stout, and can break a tackle, but he's no LF bruiser type.  He's a homerun threat every time he touches the ball moving the chains kinda guy.

I like that about him!

Reply/Quote
If they're there, I don't know how the Bengals pass on Mixon or Cook.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Mixon/Cook/Lamp/Robinson/Willis/Walker
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: He's more of a poor man's Barry Sanders, makes people miss, and doesn't require a lot of space to maneuver.  He plays faster than he really is.  He's pretty stout, and can break a tackle, but he's no LF bruiser type.  He's a homerun threat every time he touches the ball moving the chains kinda guy.

He's the BPA to me if he is there.  
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:42 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: In no particular order, I want

McDowell
Mixon
Buddha
Cook
Cunningham
Pocic

If we can somehow grab two of the above, I'm getting drunk again tonight!!

Who Dey!

I'm getting drunk regardless lmao
Reply/Quote
Option 1 - Joe Mixon
Option 2 - Malik McDowell
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think McDowell has the potential to be the best player in this draft, but man does this guy socially scare the shit out of me.  He looked stoned and mad on the red carpet and uncomfortable with his own mother standing next to him.  Even with all that talent I don't know if they will draft him because he may be a nightmare in the locker room.  I'm getting bad vibes big times after that interview.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000803166/Malik-McDowell-walks-the-NFL-Draft-Red-Carpet

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Next 3 picks: Usain Bolt, The Flash, and the guy from Chariots of Fire.

We're definitely going after 4 X 100 gold in the 2020 Olympics. :)
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:40 AM)matmaven Wrote: Next 3 picks: Usain Bolt, The Flash, and the guy from Chariots of Fire.  

We're definitely going after 4 X 100 gold in the 2020 Olympics. :)

wanna tissue ?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Is Mixon really a better talent than Cook?  His red flags waive faster and higher than Cook's from where I am standing.  I'm not arguing, but honestly asking your opinion.  

I think Cook is the better talent, but I haven't really evaluated Mixon because I wanted nothing to do with him.

I think Mixon is an all around better player, but I wouldn't complain with Cook. I understand why his red flags would be higher for you, but I really do think Cook has more off the field issues than Mixon does. All I know is I'm pumped for round 2 and 3 tonight lol
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for mixon in two and pass rusher in 3 like a slide for Willis or bashem. Or walker or Hendrickson or rivers. Then a trade back into the middle to later portion of the 3rd to swoope in for an o lineman like efflein, Asiata etc.

I'm feeling warm and fuzzy about the rest of the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Plenty of good players. Anyone but Kpassagnon. He's Hunt 2.0.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:22 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think it could very well be Mixon, as much as I may dislike it.

However, I could see it being Cam Robinson or Tanoh Kpassagnon.

Throw in a possibility of Brasham because I seen a few sources say they're high on him.

I agree 100%....
any of these players would be a great addition at pick 41....
Reply/Quote
Mixon, McDowell, Cook, Robinson, Cunningham in that order for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:46 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Best player in the front seven that they like.  Lawson, Willis, Bowser, Walker, etc.  I could live with an o-line pick also, but it is time to hit a need area.

I was sad to see TJ Watt go to Pittsburgh. He would have been a good pick at 41.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Mixon, Robinson, or Lamp would be great in my opinion.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:46 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Mixon or cook and I won't be able to wipe the smile off my face. The offense would be hard to defend. All of the sudden there would Talent and speed everywhere.

This times a million. Reminds me of when we took Eifert/Gio. That 2013 draft brought us 3 straight 5 loss or less seasons.

Our team and Dalton himself is best when we can spread you out on offense and methodically pick you apart.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:03 AM)magikod Wrote: Mixon, Robinson, or Lamp would be great in my opinion.

Forrest Lamp here would be a godsend. Besides that, Joe Mixon is a perfect fit. And then, if need be, we can take McDowell.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
Reply/Quote