Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys you would pound the table for
(04-16-2022, 09:00 AM)samhain Wrote: That sucks.  He was the guy I thought would be the most ideal at 31.

He wouldn’t be there even if his nose was clean. 3T is scarce in this draft
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 09:00 AM)samhain Wrote: That sucks.  He was the guy I thought would be the most ideal at 31.

Yeah, off my list now. Really wanted Wyatt at 31 but I don't know the details.

I said the same thing about Mixon before when I saw that vid but after seeing the apology I was back on board drafting him and he
has been a stand up man ever since and a leader for us. Women can do things to a man...

Never hit a woman though, just plain wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, off my list now. Really wanted Wyatt at 31 but I don't know the details.

I said the same thing about Mixon before when I saw that vid but after seeing the apology I was back on board drafting him and he
has been a stand up man ever since and a leader for us. Women can do things to a man...

Never hit a woman though, just plain wrong.

Once is a mistake, if you legitimately regret and apologize for your actions and stay clean afterwards you deserve another shot.

Repeatedly doing that same thing is another story.

I didn’t want to draft Mixon but he has been nothing but great since joining. He genuinely seems to have learned and grown since his one time mistake as an 18 year old. I don’t feel bad about rooting for the kid in that situation especially after the way he carried himself since.

If Wyatt really has a history of repeating this crap than I want nothing to do with him. That said, I still don’t think there is much info out there on this one so we will see what comes out. Multiple teams taking him off their board that have DT needs is telling though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 02:53 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Once is a mistake, if you legitimately regret and apologize for your actions and stay clean afterwards you deserve another shot.

Repeatedly doing that same thing is another story.

I didn’t want to draft Mixon but he has been nothing but great since joining. He genuinely seems to have learned and grown since his one time mistake as an 18 year old. I don’t feel bad about rooting for the kid in that situation especially after the way he carried himself since.

If Wyatt really has a history of repeating this crap than I want nothing to do with him. That said, I still don’t think there is much info out there on this one so we will see what comes out. Multiple teams taking him off their board that have DT needs is telling though.

Well said, I completely agree LF40. We will see but repetition is the biggest thing that stands out here and why I was for Mixon 
over Dalvin Cook and his problems, but Cook has been pretty good since entering the league if I am not mistake. Mixon on the 
other hand has been a great individual and nothing but class.

I am for Travis Jones in the 2nd now more than any DT right now. Big, strong DT that is great at stopping the run but can also 
rush the passer with his athleticism. I know some just look at his size and say NT but he can rush the passer man. Reminds me
of Jeffrey Simmons of the Titans. Just a bit raw. Would love to see what Hobby can do with a talent like this. Look what he 
brought out of BJ Hill...
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said, I completely agree LF40. We will see but repetition is the biggest thing that stands out here and why I was for Mixon 
over Dalvin Cook and his problems, but Cook has been pretty good since entering the league if I am not mistake. Mixon on the 

I am for Travis Jones in the 2nd now more than any DT right now. Big, strong DT that is great at stopping the run but can also 
rush the passer with his athleticism. I know some just look at his size and say NT but he can rush the passer man. Reminds me
of Jeffrey Simmons of the Titans. Just a bit raw. Would love to see what Hobby can do with a talent like this. Look what he 

Unfortunately most see the Stains taking TJ in 2 so unless we trade down or trade up, he won't make it to us unless projections are wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:13 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Unfortunately most see the Stains taking TJ in 2 so unless we trade down or trade up, he won't make it to us unless projections are wrong.

Ugh. Sick Don't like that WVU. Damn man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ugh. Sick Don't like that WVU. Damn man. Mellow

I know. I could be wrong but it seems whenever I run simulations he's either gone by Cleveland pick or is the pick. Winfrey gets little to no love on simulations though, especially PFFs
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:19 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I know. I could be wrong but it seems whenever I run simulations he's either gone by Cleveland pick or is the pick. Winfrey gets little to no love on simulations though, especially PFFs

Winfrey is going up my boards too same as TJ after the Wyatt news.
Reply/Quote
I can say definitively that I'm a Damien Pierce guy. 

Asamoah, Kolar, Lindstrom might be steals for somebody. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:24 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I can say definitively that I'm a Damien Pierce guy. 

Asamoah, Kolar, Lindstrom might be steals for somebody. 

I’m hoping Kolar is a steal for us!
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said, I completely agree LF40. We will see but repetition is the biggest thing that stands out here and why I was for Mixon 

I was also looking at Travis Jones for his size and strength, but it seems that the Bengals have taken an interest in the skinny tall DT from Houston Logan Hall.  I guess I don't know all that is looked for in an NFL DT.

For myself, I'd pound the table for:
Marcus Jones DB/KR/PR Houston -  mostly for his return ability, speed, decent DB (probably slot), All-American 1st Team as a returner, let's see if he is a better Darius Philips, hoping late 3rd early 4th round
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 07:26 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Cam Taylor-Britt
Nick Cross
Perrion Winfrey

If we could trade down and get all 3, I'd buy my SB ticket already.

Cam Jurgens for a later pick. Now I need to study the TEs like Woods and Ferguson.

I've been thinking I want the Bengals to draft a LB early but with some of our other needs I'm not sure that is realistic. I also see the need to draft a safety with the circumstances we find ourselves in but again with some of our other needs and the Bates situation don't really want to draft one early. But Nick Cross might kill both birds with one stone. I really think with the kind of defense we run Cross could get on the field and kind of blur the line between safety and linebacker. Not sure if the Bengals would value him enough at 63 but I agree he might help this defense maintain championship caliber play.
Reply/Quote
I know next to nothing about the backgrounds, but, for me:

1) Zion Johnson
2) Linderbaum
3) Winfrey
4) McCreary
5) Gordon
6) Cam Taylor-Britt or Marcus Jones (Rd 3)
7) A speedy WR/KR type: Austin, Robinson, etc.
8) More WR depth
9) Another TE
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 07:14 AM)Yogo Wrote: I was also looking at Travis Jones for his size and strength, but it seems that the Bengals have taken an interest in the skinny tall DT from Houston Logan Hall.  I guess I don't know all that is looked for in an NFL DT.

Marcus Jones DB/KR/PR Houston -  mostly for his return ability, speed, decent DB (probably slot), All-American 1st Team as a returner, let's see if he is a better Darius Philips, hoping late 3rd early 4th round

The skinny tall kid had by far the best pass rush win rate of any IDL this year according to PFF. Logan Hall is growing on me. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 03:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The skinny tall kid had by far the best pass rush win rate of any IDL this year according to PFF. Logan Hall is growing on me. 

With the trend going to more of a passing league than a running league, maybe a tall pass rusher in the middle might be better than a big heavy anchor I guess.  Again...  I don't know what exactly to look for in a DT.  All I know is Jordan Davis is super big and fast, Wyatt is a true 3T, wouldn't 300lbs+ help?

Logan Hall seems to be perfect as a 3-4 DE. Some compare him to Calais Campbell. I guess that's pretty good too.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 10:19 PM)Yogo Wrote: With the trend going to more of a passing league than a running league, maybe a tall pass rusher in the middle might be better than a big heavy anchor I guess.  Again...  I don't know what exactly to look for in a DT.  All I know is Jordan Davis is super big and fast, Wyatt is a true 3T, wouldn't 300lbs+ help?

Logan Hall seems to be perfect as a 3-4 DE.  Some compare him to Calais Campbell.  I guess that's pretty good too.

This year in nothing ANY Bengal fan has experienced; much less anyone in this forum..We pick 31st and then we don't pick again until 63. Mid-20s is the latest we've picked in decades. So it's hard to say,do we:

Pick BPA

Pick position of need

Pick best fit

I've heard some experts say we should pick where losing the starter would be the biggest loss. So do we go GB and pick a QB? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 10:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This year in nothing ANY Bengal fan has experienced; much less anyone in this forum..We pick 31st and then we don't pick again until 63. Mid-20s is the latest we've picked in decades. So it's hard to say,do we:

Pick BPA

Pick position of need

Pick best fit

I've heard some experts say we should pick where losing the starter would be the biggest loss. So do we go GB and pick a QB? 

I think GB took the QB because they thought Rodgers would start going downhill given his age. I think if they were to pick a position that could hurt them the most it would be DL. You lose a core pass rusher the entire defense struggled to perform at a high level.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 07:14 AM)Yogo Wrote: I was also looking at Travis Jones for his size and strength, but it seems that the Bengals have taken an interest in the skinny tall DT from Houston Logan Hall.  I guess I don't know all that is looked for in an NFL DT.

Where did you hear that we are interested in Logan Hall? Not against it, just wondering?

I would like Marcus Jones too and fits what Simmons said in getting a Returner that strikes fear in opposing teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 03:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The skinny tall kid had by far the best pass rush win rate of any IDL this year according to PFF. Logan Hall is growing on me. 

Same here, all for Logan Hall, we need another pass rushing DT more then another run stopper.

All of Reader, BJ Hill, Tupou and Shelvin are good run stoppers. Need that inside pressure on QB's.

I just think that Travis Jones can also provide this but is a better run stopper than Hall.

(04-17-2022, 10:19 PM)Yogo Wrote: With the trend going to more of a passing league than a running league, maybe a tall pass rusher in the middle might be better than a big heavy anchor I guess.  Again...  I don't know what exactly to look for in a DT.  All I know is Jordan Davis is super big and fast, Wyatt is a true 3T, wouldn't 300lbs+ help?

Logan Hall seems to be perfect as a 3-4 DE.  Some compare him to Calais Campbell.  I guess that's pretty good too.

If we are interested in Logan Hall it says a lot about what kind of Defenses Lou is looking to run.

I thought the 5-2 Defense we ran last year with 3 big NT's in the middle worked well when we ran it. Logan Hall fits this.

Same with Travis Jones. I can definitely see the Calais Campbell comparison with Logan Hall as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where did you hear that we are interested in Logan Hall? Not against it, just wondering?

I would like Marcus Jones too and fits what Simmons said in getting a Returner that strikes fear in opposing teams.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/16/bengals-draft-logan-hall-first-round-target/

I use Bleacher Report App mostly. I think Logan can be there for us at the end of round 2. I think 1st round is quite the reach. Also, that is true that our DL room is filled with run stoppers. Maybe it's time to get more of an inside pass rusher instead of kicking Hubard inside. Makes sense.
Reply/Quote