Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
(12-20-2023, 05:48 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: He was involved in the play.  You weren’t.  

He spoke to teammates who played with Kimo and vouched for him.  You didn’t.  

He personally experienced Kimo’s reaction to the hit immediately afterwards and had the opportunity to intuit intent.  You did not.  

All of these things factor into my figurative use of the phrase “He had a better view”.  

Yet your response continues to be “The hit came from behind!”  

So what?  The fact that he wasn’t looking at Kimo didn’t prevent him from watching the same video you did, nor did it invalidate his physical, relational, and emotional proximity to the play, all of which brought him far closer to it than you will ever get.  

But yeah, go ahead and ignore all that and keep pretending that I’m the one who’s missing something. Carson knows better.  

How was him involved in the play and me not have any impact on the fact that I had the exact same view as he did?

THERE'S FAILURE NUMBER ONE.

He was withering in pain! You think he stopped to look up and think "wow, Kimo feels bad about it?"

Did he even know that Kimo made the hit?

THERE'S FAILURES NUMBER TWO AND THREE.

You're trying to tell me that Kimo's teammates didn't say he made a dirty play?

Twitch

That must settle it!

How do they know?

THERE'S FAILURE NUMBER FOUR.

Palmer's not going to come out and say it was a dirty hit because he has class.................. not real surprised that Steelers fans can't see logic.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 03:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How was him involved in the play and me not have any impact on the fact that I had the exact same view as he did?

THERE'S FAILURE NUMBER ONE.

He was withering in pain! You think he stopped to look up and think "wow, Kimo feels bad about it?"

Did he even know that Kimo made the hit?

THERE'S FAILURES NUMBER TWO AND THREE.

You're trying to tell me that Kimo's teammates didn't say he made a dirty play?

Twitch

That must settle it!

How do they know?

THERE'S FAILURE NUMBER FOUR.

Palmer's not going to come out and say it was a dirty hit because he has class.................. not real surprised that Steelers fans can't see logic.

Your commitment to confirmation bias is downright remarkable.  

If you can't understand that being involved in a play gives someone better insight than merely watching a replay, I can't help you.  

The "teammates" that I am referring to are the 2005 Bengals who played with Kimo when he was a Bengal himself for five years in the 90s (you knew that, right?).  That includes two of Carson's starting linemen, and at least one defensive starter.  Carson specifically referred to them in his statements about the play.  If you think I'm crazy for thinking those guys would have some insight on Kimo's character (or that Carson is, for that matter), then I can't help you.  

But then again, you know better than everybody, so maybe I should take your word over actual Bengals who personally knew and played with the guy.   Tongue

Listen man, I enjoy these little talks (especially the part where you perform mental gymnastics to avoid dealing with reality) but there inevitably comes a time when I have to admit to myself that no matter how hard I try, I can't make you see reason.  That time has come once again.  

Have a Merry Christmas!  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 04:50 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Your commitment to confirmation bias is downright remarkable.  

If you can't understand that being involved in a play gives someone better insight than merely watching a replay, I can't help you.  

The "teammates" that I am referring to are the 2005 Bengals who played with Kimo when he was a Bengal himself for five years in the 90s (you knew that, right?).  That includes two of Carson's starting linemen, and at least one defensive starter.  Carson specifically referred to them in his statements about the play.  If you think I'm crazy for thinking those guys would have some insight on Kimo's character (or that Carson is, for that matter), then I can't help you.  

But then again, you know better than everybody, so maybe I should take your word over actual Bengals who personally knew and played with the guy.   Tongue

Listen man, I enjoy these little talks (especially the part where you perform mental gymnastics to avoid dealing with reality) but there inevitably comes a time when I have to admit to myself that no matter how hard I try, I can't make you see reason.  That time has come once again.  

Have a Merry Christmas!  

How are you this delusional?!

You're embarrassing all Steelers fans!

They all saw the same play as us! His teammates obviously aren't going to say it's dirty, especially if Carson doesn't!

Just because Kimo might have a good character or say it's not something he'd do, it was still dirty!

You keep throwing out gibberish! At least Steelers fans are entertaining to try and read!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 05:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How are you this delusional?!

You're embarrassing all Steelers fans!

They all saw the same play as us! His teammates obviously aren't going to say it's dirty, especially if Carson doesn't!

Just because Kimo might have a good character or say it's not something he'd do, it was still dirty!

You keep throwing out gibberish! At least Steelers fans are entertaining to try and read!

Like I said, I’m done on this one.  Perhaps one of your fellow Bengal fans can take a shot at helping you see reason.  I highly recommend that you read wildcatnku24’s post in this thread.  There’s a Bengal fan who thinks logically.  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 05:31 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Like I said, I’m done on this one.  Perhaps one of your fellow Bengal fans can take a shot at helping you see reason.  I highly recommend that you read wildcatnku24’s post in this thread.  There’s a Bengal fan who thinks logically.  

There's no point.  I personally know and have argued with countless fans on this one, and there are some people that can't see past the absolute devastation that was the result of that play with logic.  

This is also the same guy that can't stop talking about Big Jenn's alleged rape stuff.  It's old, it's tired.  I miss the good old days in the smack talk boards on the OG board (aka the mothership).  I had a different name on there, but I practically lived in smack talk because it was legit fun.  And no, I was not coltsfanforever or whatever that name was.  lol.  I was palmerfanboy perhaps with numbers or something.  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 05:31 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Like I said, I’m done on this one.  Perhaps one of your fellow Bengal fans can take a shot at helping you see reason.  I highly recommend that you read wildcatnku24’s post in this thread.  There’s a Bengal fan who thinks logically.  

Typical Steelers fan.

Faced with logical, common sense based arguments and can't reply to them.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 06:20 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: There's no point.  I personally know and have argued with countless fans on this one, and there are some people that can't see past the absolute devastation that was the result of that play with logic.  

This is also the same guy that can't stop talking about Big Jenn's alleged rape stuff.  It's old, it's tired.  I miss the good old days in the smack talk boards on the OG board (aka the mothership).  I had a different name on there, but I practically lived in smack talk because it was legit fun.  And no, I was not coltsfanforever or whatever that name was.  lol.  I was palmerfanboy perhaps with numbers or something.  

One of the things that was great about the old board was the crazies.  Every team had a few, and fans from all sides would gang up on some of those guys.  LOL

As for Brad, yeah, I don’t really expect you to talk any sense into him; I just enjoy running him through his motions, but I get tired of doing it myself sometimes.  LOL
Reply/Quote
I just hope Pickens don't risk injury by blocking for his teammates
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 08:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just hope Pickens don't risk injury by blocking for his teammates

Kind of out of the blue there, but yeah … I got nothin’ on that.  The guy’s an embarrassment.  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 08:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just hope Pickens don't risk injury by blocking for his teammates

If Tomlin doesn't bench him for all of Saturday's game for those remarks, then he should be fired immediately after the opening kickoff. 

To me, this is a defining moment for Tomlin. ANY player saying those things deserves to be immediately deactivated for the next game. Putting it on film is bad enough, but outright admitting that you took the play off is another level. 

If Pickens gets a helmet Tomlin is enabling him and only further corroding the locker room.  
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 07:13 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: If Tomlin doesn't bench him for all of Saturday's game for those remarks, then he should be fired immediately after the opening kickoff. 

To me, this is a defining moment for Tomlin. ANY player saying those things deserves to be immediately deactivated for the next game. Putting it on film is bad enough, but outright admitting that you took the play off is another level. 

If Pickens gets a helmet Tomlin is enabling him and only further corroding the locker room.  

Will be interesting to see, but if he does nothing, then it's easy to see where Antonio Brown got his disease. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 07:13 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: If Tomlin doesn't bench him for all of Saturday's game for those remarks, then he should be fired immediately after the opening kickoff. 

I agree mostly, but if whatever is said or done in the locker room causes a noticable turnaround in his play, I’d be okay with giving him a helmet.
Reply/Quote

It's a conflicting spot for a coach to be in.  They're judged 100% solely off of wins and losses.  Pickens is their 1b receiver, so not playing one of your best players for a critical game, even if for the proper moral reasons, is almost counter-intuitive to basic survival skills.  

Given Tomlin's success in Pitt, I'm all for him getting canned and ya'll getting a crappy coach that can't win though!  

also, I don't disagree with anything you're saying.  And thus, it's a tough spot I'm glad I don't have to be in.  
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 10:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Will be interesting to see, but if he does nothing, then it's easy to see where Antonio Brown got his disease. 

You know what's going to happen. He'll play.

I was always kinda neutral on Tomlin. I heard and read all of the flaws, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. No more. He's got to go. I think it will do both parties good for a fresh start. 

I always gave Tomlin credit how he was able to handle AB. I thought he was a good coach for keeping that nutcase under control. But this sheds a whole new light on things. I was wrong. He should've booted AB years before he did. There was talk about his behavior all the way back to 2013. But Tomlin coddled him and probably allowed him to grow in to the nut he is. Maybe had Tomlin been more of a disciplinarian and less of a cool coach, AB wouldn't be in the place he is today. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 02:38 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I agree mostly, but if whatever is said or done in the locker room causes a noticable turnaround in his play, I’d be okay with giving him a helmet.

I wouldn't give him a chance. He's already shown enough. He needs to be deactivated for Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 06:10 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: It's a conflicting spot for a coach to be in.  They're judged 100% solely off of wins and losses.  Pickens is their 1b receiver, so not playing one of your best players for a critical game, even if for the proper moral reasons, is almost counter-intuitive to basic survival skills.  

Given Tomlin's success in Pitt, I'm all for him getting canned and ya'll getting a crappy coach that can't win though!  

also, I don't disagree with anything you're saying.  And thus, it's a tough spot I'm glad I don't have to be in.  

I disagree. There are guys in that locker room working their asses off despite the team spiraling out of control. The TJ Watt's, Jaylen Warren's, Mikna, and Cam Heyward's are going hard every day, but this guy is taking plays off? 

It's only a matter of time before you lose those guys too.

If they lose a game they would have otherwise won on Saturday, so be it. The team will be better off in the long run. It's unbelievable to me that Pickens wasn't deactivated immediately after Tomlin hearing about that comment. 
Reply/Quote
Good Morning Football was talking about how it's time for Tomlin to go because he's just not carrying the Steelers tradition.

Like I keep saying, people will say "oh, he's never had a losing season, he's a good coach," but that's not the standard in Pittsburgh. The standard is playoff success and Super Bowls.

Players taking plays off and not blocking paints a horrible picture.

I'm actually shocked that they've hung on to him for this long but maybe it's just because they've had so few coaches in their history.
Reply/Quote
On the Steelers page on ESPN, Ryan Clark says it's time to move on from Tomlin.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 04:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: On the Steelers page on ESPN, Ryan Clark says it's time to move on from Tomlin.

Lol, you neglected to say Clark said to the syeeler fans, "it is not going to get better"," you should have respected this man", "you should have cherished this man". 

I agree with Clark, once Tomlin is gone then pure mediocrity begins.Popcorn
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 05:29 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Lol, you neglected to say Clark said to the syeeler fans, "it is not going to get better"," you should have respected this man", "you should have cherished this man". 

I agree with Clark, once Tomlin is gone then pure mediocrity begins.Popcorn

I thought the complaint with Tomlin was that he couldn't achieve more than mediocrity?!

Either way, I hope it does get worse once they get rid of him!

PopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcorn

CheersCheersCheersCheersCheersCheers
Reply/Quote