Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HC Jobs filling fast
Bucs, Cards, Packers, Broncos have filled their HC jobs. Do you think this helps or hurts the Bengals. The names most mentioned here are not the ones hired. Are the Bengals in a better position to get one of the good young coaches as the number of jobs go down? Could we have a chance of getting one of the established coaches?
Reply/Quote
The Broncos hired someone?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Don't worry.

The coaches the Bengals are considering are not being considered by any other team.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:08 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The Broncos hired someone?

No, recent chatter is they're planning to hire Fangio.

But no deal offered or accepted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope they hire Munchak. Continuing the Steelers spiral.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:34 PM)Benton Wrote: No, recent chatter is they're planning to hire Fangio.

But no deal offered or accepted.

So, how do you think that conversation was initiated?

Elway:  Hey Vic, I know that you're just a day removed from watching that colossal defense you built give up a last minute TD to a 9-7 team, and destroy everyone's hopes of a Bears Superbowl, but what do you think about flying out here and talking about maybe coaching the Broncos?

Fangio:  Yeah, sure.  I need to get out of town right now..   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, how do you think that conversation was initiated?

Elway:  Hey Vic, I know that you're just a day removed from watching that colossal defense you built give up a last minute TD to a 9-7 team, and destroy everyone's hopes of a Bears Superbowl, but what do you think about flying out here and talking about maybe coaching the Broncos?

Everyone keeps kind of disregarding the fact the Bears offense was not all that great. Plus....playoff Foles is magic.
Reply/Quote
If you’re Gregg Williams and you don’t get the Browns job do you stay there? I don’t think I would considering the turn around for them was basically all under him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Don't worry.

The coaches the Bengals are considering are not being considered by any other team.

[Image: PoshPepperyAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, how do you think that conversation was initiated?

That D held Foles to a passer rating of 77.7. Dude had a rating of over 115 during last year's playoff run and they held Philly's leading RB to 21 yards. He has nothing to apologize for. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That D held Foles to a passer rating of 77.7. Dude had a rating of over 115 during last year's playoff run and they held Philly's leading RB to 21 yards. He has nothing to apologize for. 

Yeah, the '85 Bears and '2000 Ravens appreciate you saying that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Note how NO other team is looking at Joseph, Hue Poo, Lazor or Simmons
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
My answer to the question is yes it should be great for the Bengals because the young offensive coaches a lot of us wanted are all still available. Unfortunately, like others have stated, the Bengals will not hire one of them. Hue/Lazor/Simmons would be colossal mistakes and I am not a big fan of hiring Joseph either (just failed with another team - could get him to be D coordinator which I would be ok with)
So I am sure it will be one of those guys - that’s life being a Bengals fan.

One interesting thing is that there are 3, maybe 4, HC spots filled now and I am not really impressed by any of the hirings so far.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 11:11 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Note how NO other team is looking at Joseph, Hue Poo, Lazor or Simmons

No other teams were looking at the guys that went to GB and ARZ. Means very little. Nothing wrong with considering someone that is not one of the hot names.

How many were waiting in line for Sean McVay.

WTS, just no to Hue. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 11:11 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Note how NO other team is looking at Joseph, Hue Poo, Lazor or Simmons

It's only fitting that a team gives it's own coaches the same consideration it extends to outside hires. Doesn't mean they should hire them, but nothing wrong with giving them a chance to interview. It helps both sides, the team sees what one of the coaches could bring to the table, the coach gets practice doing the interview process. As to the OP's question, the more HC positions filled by candidates we were not looking at, the better. Just means our choice will have less of a chance to turn us down for somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: I hope they hire Munchak. Continuing the Steelers spiral.

Too bad Reggie isn't on that team.  "Uh, sorry for pulling your hair, kid...I'm kind of a ***** that way"
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:52 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If you’re Gregg Williams and you don’t get the Browns job do you stay there? I don’t think I would considering the turn around for them was basically all under him.

we do need a DC if he doesn't stay in cleveland
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:52 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If you’re Gregg Williams and you don’t get the Browns job do you stay there? I don’t think I would considering the turn around for them was basically all under him.

After bountygate he is a pariah. Not as bad as Kaepernick but still not a coach that you want as the head of your organization.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:28 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: After bountygate he is a pariah. Not as bad as Kaepernick but still not a coach that you want as the head of your organization.

I think that has blown over. You don't put that same guy as the interim head coach of your organization either when the guy you may be potentially hiring as the full time coach was on staff. I heard something interesting, Williams pre dates Dorsey and many believe Dorsey wants his own guy in place and Williams isn't "his guy". 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:32 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think that has blown over. 

It hasn't for me personally.  I don't want anything to do with him.  Paying his players to intentionally hurt guys on other teams.  I don't care how long ago it was.
Dude's a scumbag, and I'm surprised he hasn't been outright banned from the NFL.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote