Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUE
Wink 
Just heard about 10 minutes ago. HUE will be coaching the Browns in 2018!
Reply/Quote
Good didn't want him considered.......although shocked the Browns are keeping him.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Sashi Brown was fired.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:03 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Just heard about 10 minutes ago. HUE will be coaching the Browns in 2018!

That is the best Bengals news I heard all year.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Hopefully the ajm trade is back on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
AJM for all first round pix next 10 years
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Hopefully the ajm is back on!

I think this will be back on for the same deal. AJ will start until Jackson or rosen is ready. Maybe a Carson Palmer type plan.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Marvin will be jobless and looking for a job.
Reply/Quote
I'm now preparing for Marvin Lewis to take the GM job for Cleveland after this season.
Wouldn't that be a trip?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sahsi was probably going to trade the #1 overall pick for another 25 5th round bums.
Reply/Quote
This just in! Murvy Lawis will be back coaching the Bengals yet again in 2018... with a 3 year extension!

(we may as well brace ourselves, we know it's coming)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think this will be back on for the same deal.   AJ will start until Jackson or rosen is ready.   Maybe a Carson Palmer type plan.

I doubt they'd trade a 2nd round pick for a stop gap QB to play in front if a 1st overall pick QB. I assume the AJ to the browns ship has sailed. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This just in! Murvy Lawis will be back coaching the Bengals yet again in 2018... with a 3 year extension!

I hate you for planting that seed in my head! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapata
Reply/Quote
There is no reason for the Browns to get AJM in a trade or as an RFA.

They can pick whatever QB they want in the draft and will not give up the first pick of the second round on a RFA. As for starting a rookie QB they will have a solid offensive line in front of him and really... they can't get worse than going 0-16.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This just in! Murvy Lawis will be back coaching the Bengals yet again in 2018... with a 3 year extension!

I hear hes a candidate for the browns GM job if let go from here.

(something we might have considered before losing zim)
Reply/Quote
hmmm...so Hue stays and Sashi Brown gets fired. How's this for a scenario....Marvin doesn't get extended from the Bengals and then gets hired to be the Browns GM. I've thought for a while his next job move is in the Front Office somewhere

statement on Hue
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/07/jimmy-haslam-hue-jackson-will-be-the-browns-head-coach-in-2018/

In a statement released by the team, Haslam said he is committed to Jackson for another season.

“We have great appreciation and gratitude for Sashi’s commitment and leadership to our organization but believe transitioning to someone with strong experience and success in drafting and building consistently winning football teams is critical to the future of the Cleveland Browns,” Haslam said. “Today we informed Sashi that we were going in a new direction. The 2018 draft and offseason is pivotal for our franchise, we need to ensure that we maximize our opportunity for success; with our picks, free agency and building our roster. Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department. We have begun the process of having productive conversations regarding leadership of our football operations and will provide further updates when appropriate. We thank Sashi for all his hard work and dedication to the Cleveland Browns.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think this will be back on for the same deal.   AJ will start until Jackson or rosen is ready.   Maybe a Carson Palmer type plan.

Except AJM will be either a RFA or UFA. So it won't be possible to do a 2nd and 3rd since the tender for RFA only allows for a 1st, a 2nd, or original round tender (5th).
If the Bengals do a 2nd round, Browns will likely scoop that up. Then they should draft Barkley and their favorite WR or defensive player based on how Josh Gordon comes along by end of this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:24 PM)Synric Wrote: There is no reason for the Browns to get AJM in a trade or as an RFA.

They can pick whatever QB they want in the draft and will not give up the first pick of the second round on a RFA. As for starting a rookie QB they will have a solid offensive line in front of him and really... they can't get worse than going 0-16.

I don't follow college football, but I could see them doing a 2nd rounder for AJM if their is an AJ Green like offensive talent in the 1st and/or none of the top QB prospects are considered to be all that great.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:24 PM)Synric Wrote: There is no reason for the Browns to get AJM in a trade or as an RFA.

Yes there is. If hue thinks he win with aj that allows them to take saquon Barkley and say a db with their two first rounders. They have good lines, WRs if Gordon makes it back, and decent lbs. they can spend their picks filling out their team’s holes

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This just in! Murvy Lawis will be back coaching the Bengals yet again in 2018... with a 3 year extension!

I know that Im not allowed here, but I just spit my lunch all over the place. Im dyin over here  Hilarious
If i get banned...so be it, it's worth it.
Reply/Quote