Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUE
(12-07-2017, 01:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This just in! Murvy Lawis will be back coaching the Bengals yet again in 2018... with a 3 year extension!

(we may as well brace ourselves, we know it's coming)

[Image: getout.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Except AJM will be either a RFA or UFA. So it won't be possible to do a 2nd and 3rd since the tender for RFA only allows for a 1st, a 2nd, or original round tender (5th).
If the Bengals do a 2nd round, Browns will likely scoop that up. Then they should draft Barkley and their favorite WR or defensive player based on how Josh Gordon comes along by end of this season.

Yeah I was thinking a second as I typed same deal . I forgot about the third.

Browns could really do better with AJM and building around him. If it’s dorsey as GM they might even trade for Alex Smith.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:31 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yes there is.  If hue thinks he win with aj that allows them to take saquon Barkley and say a db with their two first rounders.  They have good lines, WRs if Gordon makes it back, and decent lbs. they can spend their picks filling out their teaming holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see it.

I see them taking Rosen number 1 overall. Gordon Colman Crowell Johnson Duke Johnson offensive line...All they are really missing is the QB.. I can see alot of their picks going on defense after a QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I was thinking a second as I typed same deal .  I forgot about the third.

Browns could really do better with AJM and building around him.    If it’s dorsey as GM they might even trade for Alex Smith.

It could happen, but maybe the Browns should finally take a QB in the first round who isn't a 30-year old baseball player, an evil drug-addled hobgoblin, or Brady flippin' Quinn.  Drafting a QB high gives Hue and the new GM 1-3 more years of grace where trading a 2nd for McCarron means "win now or leave town."

I assumed Hue actually wanted Wentz and Sashi said "No, I want more picks" and that's why Sashi is out and Hue is still there. Just conjecture, but that was my guess before this happened.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't follow college football, but I could see them doing a 2nd rounder for AJM if their is an AJ Green like offensive talent in the 1st and/or none of the top QB prospects are considered to be all that great.

I studied up a little on next year's QB crop (in case a new coach decides to go in a different direction) and I wasn't really impressed.

Lamar Jackson looks like a LOT like RGIII to me. Too frail to run around like that at the NFL level. Even throws like RGIII.
Josh Rosen's teammates apparently dislike him. He's been compared to Jay Cutler for his disposition. Reputation as a party animal.
Sam Darnold has a big windup. Personnel guys hate his delivery.
Josh Allen has been labeled a bit of a project. Impressive physically, but lacks feel for the game and touch on short throws.
Baker Mayfield is Manziel 2.0. Ran from the police while drunk, grabs his crotch on the field, trash talking, etc.

Fwiw, I don't think the Browns will wait on a QB though. They've done that 2 years straight with Cody Kessler and DeShone Kizer. It looks like they were aiming to build the roster up some and THEN take their QB. I think that happens in 2018.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: getout.jpg]

[Image: HTTP3N0cmVhbTEuZ2lmc291cC5jb20vdmlldzEvM...aWYlog.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I studied up a little on next year's QB crop (in case a new coach decides to go in a different direction) and I wasn't really impressed.

Lamar Jackson looks like a LOT like RGIII to me. Too frail to run around like that at the NFL level. Even throws like RGIII.
Josh Rosen's teammates apparently dislike him. He's been compared to Jay Cutler for his disposition. Reputation as a party animal.
Josh Allen has been labeled a bit of a project. Impressive physically, but lacks feel for the game and touch on short throws.
Baker Mayfield is Manziel 2.0. Ran from the police while drunk, grabs his crotch on the field, trash talking, etc.

Fwiw, I don't think the Browns will wait on a QB though. They've done that 2 years straight with Cody Kessler and DeShone Kizer. It looks like they were aiming to build the roster up some and THEN take their QB. I think that happens in 2018.

It is amusing how QB classes look to be stuffed with "can't miss prospects" when they are 1 year or so away and then as they get closer and closer the flaws become apparent.  Is anyone talking up next year's class, yet?  
Reply/Quote
To me we had better fire Piano Man as soon as the season ends, and in this draft I’d be cool going OL every single round if that is what it takes - winning teams are built from the lines out and on those lines from the interior out. Paul Brown understood that but SoP (Son of Paul) does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:03 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Just heard about 10 minutes ago. HUE will be coaching the Browns in 2018!

It's amazing what 1 win over 2 years will get you.

They've traded away or cut most of the best players.

Reply/Quote
Oh thank you God! Halle-freakin-lujah!!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:37 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Oh thank you God! Halle-freakin-lujah!!

What are you, Paul Geunther's cousin or something?
Reply/Quote
2 things 1.) Hue still isn't safe I know what Haslem said but I also know what GMs want to do when they get a new job and that's hire Thier own coach. This is about to get really funny in Cleveland especially when they go after Saban, Meyer, or Harbarough. I think Andy Ried might be the target though if they sign the guy from KC.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What are you, Paul Geunther's cousin or something?

I definitely don't want him either. What makes you think I did??
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear because not interested in him being Bengals next HC.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's amazing what 1 win over 2 years will get you.

They've traded away or cut most of the best players.

pretty sure that was Sanshi brown.. playing moneyball

Hue might still be fired but not by the owner it would be by the new gm
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What are you, Paul Geunther's cousin or something?

Whats wrong with Geunther

He was actually bench underproforming players and playing young guys till marvin came and stepped on his toes.
Reply/Quote
Not going to lie. I think he would have been an upgrade over Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:52 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I definitely don't want him either. What makes you think I did??

Then you must really want Marvin Lewis to stick around.  It's just conjecture, but no Hue means Marvin or Geunther barring some sort of drastic change, doesn't it?
Reply/Quote
Thank you for this news. This is great.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I studied up a little on next year's QB crop (in case a new coach decides to go in a different direction) and I wasn't really impressed.

Assuming most draft "experts" see similar issues, then, IMO, that bodes well for the chance that the Browns will want AJM - especially if it only costs them 1 draft pick (even a 2nd). Besides the cost, the only other factor is how they view their current QBs. I think they TRY to get AJM this offseason, but anything more than a 2nd, I don't think they'll do (and even then, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided a 2nd was too high).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote