Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had dinner next to Frank Pollock
Came up to Cincy to see my brother today, and we went for an early dinner at LaRosa's out in Amelia. Frank Pollock was sitting with a lady at the table next to us. Seemed very mild mannered, quiet, and polite. Still pretty well put together physically as well.
Reply/Quote
I just saw Frank Tweeted out that he had dinner next to Sled; said he seemed like a jerk.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just saw Frank Tweeted out that he had dinner next to Sled; said he seemed like a jerk.

Probably did... probably right. He did ask me who this Bfine guy on the message board was, and if he had an acquired brain injury, or if he was just born that way. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Any pics of the food?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:06 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Any pics of the food?

No, why would there be pics of the food?  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, why would there be pics of the food?  Wink

I like to see other people's tastes/preferences/diet. I need an idea for dinner tonight.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
How did he handle the ketchup bottle?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:10 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I like to see other people's tastes/preferences/diet. I need an idea for dinner tonight.

Go to an actual good pizza place like Adriatico’s... Tongue

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:10 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I like to see other people's tastes/preferences/diet. I need an idea for dinner tonight.

You just want to know if it was a Tuna lover's pizza with a rye crust.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

My brother and I split a pepperoni. They had a bunch of stuff on theirs. Just thought he seemed like a decent guy from how he interacted with his waitress, etc. We, of course, did not bother him.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Go to an actual good pizza place like Adriatico’s... Tongue

My 1st real job in 1975 was at a LaRosas. I go there for nostalgia and I like it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My 1st real job in 1975 was at a LaRosas. I go there for nostalgia and I like it. 

I disagree with you a lot, but your opinions of LaRosas and Dunkin bump you up a notch or 2 in my book.  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:15 AM)samhain Wrote: I disagree with you a lot, but your opinions of LaRosas and Dunkin bump you up a notch or 2 in my book.  

I went to visit my son in Fairfield, two weeks ago.  We ordered LaRosas in, and it was great.  He and I are both big boys, I'm 6'2" 265 and he's 6'1" 235, and both love to eat.  We ordered a spaghetti and meatballs dinner and an extra large meat pizza.  We split the spaghetti dinner and couldn't finish the pizza.  We both laid back in recliners, about half asleep, like it was Thanksgiving.  LaRosas has great flavor, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pizza pizza!

Best pizza ever is Red Front Inn located in New Paris, OH. Coldest draft beer too. Well, IMO anyway. Never had Laroses. 

Last time we were there, we sat next to an old man and his wife. Seemed really nice. We didn't bother them. LOL

JK Sled. Hope to try it one day.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I went to visit my son in Fairfield, two weeks ago.  We ordered LaRosas in, and it was great.  He and I are both big boys, I'm 6'2" 265 and he's 6'1" 235, and both love to eat.  We ordered a spaghetti and meatballs dinner and an extra large meat pizza.  We split the spaghetti dinner and couldn't finish the pizza.  We both laid back in recliners, about half asleep, like it was Thanksgiving.  LaRosas has great flavor, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

We got a couple of them in Lexington last year.  It's nice.  It' just reminds me of Cincinnati.  Their ham and pepperoni are better than most pizza places.  Calzones are great, too.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My 1st real job in 1975 was at a LaRosas. I go there for nostalgia and I like it. 

LaRosas is ok. I mean, I grew up on it like most in this area, and it was actually one of my first jobs as well, but it’s definitely not at the top of my list. I prefer Adriatico’s, Trotta’s, Strong’s, and even Goodfellas over them as far as just pizza goes.

The only time I’ve ever been at the same restaurant as someone from the Bengals was when we got seated right next to Katie and Troy Blackburn at a Thai place in Terrace Park. It was really hard to sit there and act respectable being right next to people that have caused you so much suffering. Lol

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Came up to Cincy to see my brother today, and we went for an early dinner at LaRosa's out in Amelia. Frank Pollock was sitting with a lady at the table next to us. Seemed very mild mannered, quiet, and polite. Still pretty well put together physically as well.

Did he have the tuna on rye?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Pizza pizza!

Best pizza ever is Red Front Inn located in New Paris, OH. Coldest draft beer too. Well, IMO anyway. Never had Laroses. 

Last time we were there, we sat next to an old man and his wife. Seemed really nice. We didn't bother them. LOL

JK Sled. Hope to try it one day.

In case you ever venture out to Salida, CO, you need to try Amica's. Their pizza is probably the best I've ever had.  Plus, they're a micro-brewery.  :andy:
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 01:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LaRosas is ok. I mean, I grew up on it like most in this area, and it was actually one of my first jobs as well, but it’s definitely not at the top of my list. I prefer Adriatico’s, Trotta’s, Strong’s, and even Goodfellas over them as far as just pizza goes.

The only time I’ve ever been at the same restaurant as someone from the Bengals was when we got seated right next to Katie and Troy Blackburn at a Thai place in Terrace Park. It was really hard to sit there and act respectable being right next to people that have caused you so much suffering. Lol

IMHO, LaRosa's puts too much sugar in their sauce. But it's not bad. I grew up on the west side. Used to take dates to the original LaRosa's alot. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Go to an actual good pizza place like Adriatico’s... Tongue

Oh man, now I have the nostalgia urge to get drunk with 7 friends and have them each throw in $5 to get a Bearcat with pepperoni and bacon... but then I realize I am not particularly close to one.

Why must you be such a trip to get to, Adriaticos!?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote