Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had dinner next to Frank Pollock
(02-01-2021, 03:40 AM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: Back when I lived in the Queen City, Pomodori's pizza in Clifton was my go to place. Hand tossed wood fired pizza at it's best! That said often times I liked to have a simple cheese pizza from LaRosa's, very good. My girlfriend really misses the steak hoagy's mostly from Papa Dino's in Florence Ky. can't find a steak pizza hoagy in California that we have found. I like those square pizzas a Jet as well. Buy Cincinnati chili packets online to make chili cheese dip on game days and for 4 ways. And for my favorite Cincinnati treat Graeter's raspberry chocolate chip can be bought at Ralph's a local  Kroger owned grocer.

Kroger sells the canned Skyline chili. Just be careful when you buy it... their store brand is packaged to look almost identical. Bought it by mistake one time, it is meh, while the canned Skyline tastes just like in the restaurant.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 03:40 AM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: Back when I lived in the Queen City, Pomodori's pizza in Clifton was my go to place. Hand tossed wood fired pizza at it's best! That said often times I liked to have a simple cheese pizza from LaRosa's, very good. My girlfriend really misses the steak hoagy's mostly from Papa Dino's in Florence Ky. can't find a steak pizza hoagy in California that we have found. I like those square pizzas a Jet as well. Buy Cincinnati chili packets online to make chili cheese dip on game days and for 4 ways. And for my favorite Cincinnati treat Graeter's raspberry chocolate chip can be bought at Ralph's a local  Kroger owned grocer.

Ralph's when I was in SoCal, and King Soopers now that I'm in Colorado.  Skyline cans and Graeters ice cream.  Certainly not the variety of Graeters you'll find in Cincy (usually 7-8 options here at my current store), but nice to find a taste of home while away!  I actually find that Skyline being on the shelves is really hit and miss.  Not sure if they just don't ship much to the stores because they don't think it'll move quickly or if there is a lot more demand on it than I'd expect.  Either way, I've appreciated having Kroger chains in several places I've lived.  

I used to go to Pomodori's maybe once a year and always loved it.  It was such a different pizza experience from everything else around at the time, with the wood fired pizzas and the interesting topping options.  I never left there anything less than stuffed. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rectangle pizza from grade school in the 70’s was the best. In northern ky we have a newish place Poseidon pizza it is very good. Best deep dish pizza around her bourbon house pizza in Burlington my is out standing. I still like Larosa’s is a great go to pizza. What I grew up on.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just saw Frank Tweeted out that he had dinner next to Sled; said he seemed like a jerk.

....and masturbating under the table staring at his ass the whole time.. Pollock was quoted as saying, "Man..that was really creepy, but it's not my job to police every fan's behavior in public."  Cool
No offense Sled..I couldn't resist.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 10:50 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Rectangle pizza from grade school in the 70’s was the best.  

those were still around in 2001 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 12:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Kroger sells the canned Skyline chili. Just be careful when you buy it... their store brand is packaged to look almost identical. Bought it by mistake one time, it is meh, while the canned Skyline tastes just like in the restaurant.

Maybe it's because I'm not using the same hotdogs, buns, and/or spaghetti as Skyline restaurants, but I (think I) notice the difference between the canned Skyline chili vs getting it in the restaurant.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 04:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: those were still around in 2001 

I was going to go out on a total limb and guess they were served at schools until it became Michelle Obama's goal to change the food pyramid and school cafeteria options.  In a quick check to make sure I wasn't babbling nonsense, it looks like schools still serve pizza, but it doesn't appear to any longer be the classic square cut of the good old days.  There also appears to be a really weird cult following of people talking about that square pizza.  It's funny how nostalgia tricks our brains into thinking some things were far better than they were! 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 06:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe it's because I'm not using the same hotdogs, buns, and/or spaghetti as Skyline restaurants, but I (think I) notice the difference between the canned Skyline chili vs getting it in the restaurant.

There's a Skyline here in Louisville that switched from steamed hotdogs to cooking them on a rack. They don't taste the same either. On spaghetti, I can't tell any difference. I haven't really tried it on hotdogs at home.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 10:50 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Rectangle pizza from grade school in the 70’s was the best.   In northern ky we have a newish place Poseidon pizza it is very good.  Best deep dish pizza around her bourbon house pizza in Burlington my is out standing.  I still like Larosa’s is a great go to pizza. What I grew up on.

That's because as a kid even dirt tastes good.. Kind of like people who still like canned peas..  Sick  been eating a lot of school paste lately? I admit it..I used to like paste too..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 11:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: That's because as a kid even dirt tastes good.. Kind of like people who still like canned peas..  Sick  been eating a lot of school paste lately? I admit it..I used to like paste too..

A lot of puzzle pieces just fell into place.

Sorry, Gramps . . . couldn't resist.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote