Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
(10-07-2023, 04:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I don’t think the $6 billion for Iran has been brought up in here yet. I’m assuming that’s what they’re referring to.

It was brought up very quickly on social media.  Saying "our tax dollars" funded the attack.

Of course that's not true but never let an opportunity to lie about your opponent I guess.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(10-07-2023, 03:59 PM)pally Wrote: It is interesting to note that board opinions on coverage follow party lines.  Everyone reads into the coverage what their personal biases want them to see.

Some are "personally biased" towards ideals like "accurate description should preceded analysis," and "analysis should precede moral judgment" though, wouldn't you say? 

Also some deploy different value judgements, so that leads to different results consistent with those differences as well. (E.g., how one thinks about universal human rights plays a determinative role in individual judgment.)

But if you frame differing responses to coverage as just "personal biases" it sounds like nobody is doing any work beyond their first, uniformed hunch.

There is surely some difference between those who just bend every new event into confirmation of rigid, pre-existing ideological conclusions

and those who make understanding causes and conditions on the ground their first priority, so conclusions follow, rather than lead judgment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-07-2023, 04:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was brought up very quickly on social media.  Saying "our tax dollars" funded the attack.

Of course that's not true but never let an opportunity to lie about your opponent I guess.

You'll never guess who is spreading the lie!  Ninja

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">