Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
(10-10-2023, 01:57 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Millions entering illegally = open borders.  This is not rocket science.

open borders=anyone and everyone can come in with no restrictions

Maybe if Republicans and right-wing media would stop screaming open borders, migrants might not think they are open

The southern border may be more accurately described as porous

why is the discussion always only about how many people came to the border...you all never talk about how many were turned away, deported, or detained.  I know that doesn't push the fear like talking about the hoards of illegals coming in but it is an important part of the whole picture

If you want to stop people from claiming asylum...then get Congress to change the laws.

Republicans love exploiting the border to scare people and gin up the base yet other than a wall, that Mexico didn't pay for like promised,  they offer no solution to ANY of the immigration issues.  BTW Gaza is walled in and somehow they managed to get around it to attack Israel. 

The budget proposals from the current Republican House...the one they wanted to close the government to pass, included a 30% cut to the DHS budget which includes border protection.  That's not going to solve the border problem

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(10-10-2023, 01:46 PM)pally Wrote: Even those who advocate for the Palestinians don't condone this attack.  It only hurts their cause.

The gathering in NYC and the ones being coordinated on college campuses across the country directly after the attack are for what? To condemn the attack?

This is a sincere question.
(10-10-2023, 02:51 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The gathering in NYC and the ones being coordinated on college campuses across the country directly after the attack are for what? To condemn the attack?

This is a sincere question.

were they celebrating the attack or advocating for the Palestinians?  I believe the protests were pro-Palestinian.  As has been pointed out you can be for the Palestinian people and cause and still denounce Hamas's actions

(10-10-2023, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: were they celebrating the attack or advocating for the Palestinians?  I believe the protests were pro-Palestinian.  As has been pointed out you can be for the Palestinian people and cause and still denounce Hamas's actions

I watched a couple videos and I didn’t see any Hamas flags or any signs that said or implied Israel deserved it. Though I did see one video of pro Palestine protestors gang stomping a pro Israel protestor
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
(10-10-2023, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: were they celebrating the attack or advocating for the Palestinians

That’s what I’m asking. Unless this is representing the Fan Man descending into a Tyson fight.

(10-10-2023, 03:36 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That’s what I’m asking. Unless this is representing the Fan Man descending  into a Tyson fight.

that was a stupid poster for sure

(10-10-2023, 03:41 PM)pally Wrote: that was a stupid poster for sure

I wish someone would have asked the follow up question, "If what happened to Palestinians happened to the US, what would the response have been?"
(10-10-2023, 03:41 PM)pally Wrote: that was a stupid poster for sure

Yeah and I get that it was just one event, but I’m curious what’s being said on the ground at most other events.

I saw footage of a rally at the Sydney Opera House in Australia chanting “gas the Jews” last night.

This whole thing is just indescribably terrible.
(10-10-2023, 03:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yeah and I get that it was just one event, but I’m curious what’s being said on the ground at most other events.

I saw footage of a rally at the Sydney Opera House in Australia chanting “gas the Jews” last night.

This whole thing is just indescribably terrible.

we are 100% in agreement on that one

(10-10-2023, 01:46 PM)pally Wrote: For goodness sake...what absolute nonsense.  Democrats do not support Hamas or any other terrorist organization.   Democrats do not support attacks on women and children and no one is defending that.  Even those who advocate for the Palestinians don't condone this attack.  It only hurts their cause.

You must live in a different world because these statements aren't even close to being realistic. It really is very sad.  

We do not have open borders. If we did we could save a helluva lot of money on border protections.  And I'll remind you the last terrorist attack by foreign nationals inside the US was done by people here legally. 

Gallop Poll in March 2023

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-support-palestinians-over-israel-gop-overwhelmingly-stands-us-ally-2023-poll

Democrats support Hamas and Palestinians over Israel
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(10-10-2023, 04:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Gallop Poll in March 2023

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-support-palestinians-over-israel-gop-overwhelmingly-stands-us-ally-2023-poll

Where did it mention Hamas in the poll?
(10-10-2023, 04:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Gallop Poll in March 2023

For those curious, here is the Gallup poll that this Fox News article is discussing but, as far as I can tell, did not link.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/472070/democrats-sympathies-middle-east-shift-palestinians.aspx

There is absolutely no mention of Hamas. It is strictly regarding sympathy for Palestinians vs support for Israelis.

The literal question was:
In the Middle East situation, are your sympathies more with the Israelis or more with the Palestinians?
(10-10-2023, 05:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For those curious, here is the Gallup poll that this Fox News article is discussing but, as far as I can tell, did not link.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/472070/democrats-sympathies-middle-east-shift-palestinians.aspx

There is absolutely no mention of Hamas. It is strictly regarding sympathy for Palestinians vs support for Israelis.

In the Middle East situation, are your sympathies more with the Israelis or more with the Palestinians?

and in this black-and-white world, people are not allowed to have sympathy for both the Palestinians and Israel which is the reality for most people so it automatically skews the poll

(10-10-2023, 05:55 PM)pally Wrote: and in this black-and-white world, people are not allowed to have sympathy for both the Palestinians and Israel which is the reality for most people so it automatically skews the poll

Those people are lumped into the third option, "Neither/Both/No Opinion" which was 13%.

It's a bad presentation of the polling data, for sure, as those three options are nowhere near the same.
(10-10-2023, 05:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For those curious, here is the Gallup poll that this Fox News article is discussing but, as far as I can tell, did not link.

It's rather hard to separate the Palestinians and Hamas when the Palestinians flat out refuse to condemn Hamas.  Is being in favor of Israel not being in favor of the IDF?  When you let terrorists speak for you, and refuse to condemn them when they do you have linked yourself to them.

The man himself literally links Palestinians and Hamas.
(10-10-2023, 06:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's rather hard to separate the Palestinians and Hamas when the Palestinians flat out refuse to condemn Hamas.  Is being in favor of Israel not being in favor of the IDF?  When you let terrorists speak for you, and refuse to condemn them when they do you have linked yourself to them.

The man himself literally links Palestinians and Hamas.

We're talking about sympathies. As in, "Are you sad that Palestinians have had their land stolen, their property taken, being systemically imprisoned, murdered, beaten and disenfranchised by an external colonizing force?"

If your answer to that question is yes, then you would qualify as "sympathizing with the Palestinians."

Hamas is just the terrorist organization that, in their desperation at literally being genocided (EDIT: This was an irresponsible use of the term on my part. The correct term is "Ethnically cleansed" not genocided), the Palestinians turned to.

It is not only reasonable to separate them, but it's practically a given.
(10-10-2023, 06:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We're talking about sympathies. As in, "Are you sad that Palestinians have had their land stolen, their property taken, being systemically imprisoned, murdered, beaten and disenfranchised by an external colonizing force?"

Did they have their land stolen?  Were not the Jews in that land prior to the Palestinians?  If you use the left's own logic on this topic then the Palestinians stole the land from the Jews long ago.  Your question does not indicate an unbiased position.  

Quote:If your answer to that question is yes, then you would qualify as "sympathizing with the Palestinians."

No poll would ask such an insanely biased question.  How about an equally biased one in response?  "Do you find is sad that the Palestinian people support terrorist murderers who behead infants, commit mass rape, take women and children as hostages and engage in the deliberate wholesale slaughter of civilians?"

If your answer to that question is yes then you would be qualified as "sympathizing with the Israelis.  See how stupid this game is?

Quote:Hamas is just the terrorist organization that, in their desperation at literally being genocided, the Palestinians turned to.

The use of genocide is hyperbole.  Regardless, if you you choose to sign a deal with the Devil don't expect me to sympathize with you when you go to hell.

Quote:It is not only reasonable to separate them, but it's practically a given.

Nah, not so much when they refuse to do the separation themselves.  You don't get to draw the distinction when their own ambassador refuses to do so himself.
(10-10-2023, 06:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Did they have their land stolen?  Were not the Jews in that land prior to the Palestinians?  If you use the left's own logic on this topic then the Palestinians stole the land from the Jews long ago.  Your question does not indicate an unbiased position.  

No poll would ask such an insanely biased question.  How about an equally biased one in response?  "Do you find is sad that the Palestinian people support terrorist murderers who behead infants, commit mass rape, take women and children as hostages and engage in the deliberate wholesale slaughter of civilians?"

If your answer to that question is yes then you would be qualified as "sympathizing with the Israelis.  See how stupid this game is?

The use of genocide is hyperbole.  Regardless, if you you choose to sign a deal with the Devil don't expect me to sympathize with you when you go to hell.

Nah, not so much when they refuse to do the separation themselves.  You don't get to draw the distinction when their own ambassador refuses to do so himself.

How far back are you interested in discussing regarding this conflict? We could discuss nuances if you'd like, but I don't have time to go into the entire history of it (stretching into the BCs).

Or, to clarify what I mean, to what degree do you believe the people who resided in the area prior to the 20th century are responsible for the Jewish people's expulsion from the area centuries (millenia?) ago?
I feel bad for the people like myself who can’t stand religion and the horseshit death, destruction, and wars our world has to endure because of their made up bullshit.
(10-10-2023, 02:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't disagree. I am speaking more in generalities and merely pointing out the journalistic standards. Anyone who is in favor of neutral reporting should be supportive of word choices that are non-judgmental.

That era has already come and gone.