Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard boiled eggs
Been hitting the gym over the past 6 months trying to put on muscle and weight and these things are saviors.

Eggs are pretty much the perfect food. Low in fat, high in nutrients with a decent amount of protein. I ever really cared for hard boiled eggs but now they are one of my favorite foods. I put some fresh cracked pepper on them and salt, cut them in half, dispose of a little bit of the yellow.

I make a batch every Monday and they last through the week. Great snack.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The yellow is the best part.!!!! and try franks red hot.
Reply/Quote
For some reason eggs have been ridiculous cheap around here recently. Like 60 cents a dozen. I don't eat a lot of eggs, but if I was broke like I was back in college I'd be eating those everyday. Egg salad and fried egg sandwiches.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For some reason eggs have been ridiculous cheap around here recently.  Like 60 cents a dozen.  I don't eat a lot of eggs, but if I was broke like I was back in college I'd be eating those everyday.  Egg salad and fried egg sandwiches.

that's good eating right there... You could even spice up that super budget meal with a can of tuna (for the egg salad or tuna salad with eggs however you want to call it...)   
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For some reason eggs have been ridiculous cheap around here recently.  Like 60 cents a dozen.  I don't eat a lot of eggs, but if I was broke like I was back in college I'd be eating those everyday.  Egg salad and fried egg sandwiches.

No doubt about it. You can buy a carton of organic eggs at Kroger for like 1.50-2.00. Extremely cheap. Another huge benefit. 
Reply/Quote
I love soft boiled eggs, but don't care for hard boiled. Am I weird?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I ate so many eggs when I was young and broke 25 years ago, that I still hate them to this day.
I wish I could like them again. Crabcakes Benedict sounds really good.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 09:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I love soft boiled eggs, but don't care for hard boiled.  Am I weird?

Not weird at all. I actually prefer the yoke in my boiled eggs to be a little softer, almost gelatin like. 
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 09:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I love soft boiled eggs, but don't care for hard boiled. Am I weird?

(08-25-2016, 12:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not weird at all. I actually prefer the yoke in my boiled eggs to be a little softer, almost gelatin like. 

I'm with you all on this. I like a good 6 minute egg, though a 4 minute egg is great for toast. I like my yolks to not be cooked all the way no matter how I'm eating my eggs. I can eat hard-boiled eggs, though, I just hate when they are overcooked and the yolk starts getting the green around it. But I haven't overcooked an egg in years.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
When I boil an egg I like it hard boiled.

When I fry an egg I like the yolk runny.
Reply/Quote
Eggs are great food, but boiled they are also kind of boring.

Anyone have good boiled egg recipes to make them interesting/
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Eggs are great food, but boiled they are also kind of boring.

Tobassco, Worchester sauce, sea salt and pepper.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Eggs are great food, but boiled they are also kind of boring.

HB egg recipes???

Needed Ingrediants

Eggs
Water

Only real things I know people make with HB eggs other than just eating them...

Egg Salad.   Eggs  Spicy Brown Mustard and Mayo...  (optional Tuna)    

Deviled Eggs.   Not sure how they make them but it needs Paprika!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 05:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: HB egg recipes???

Needed Ingrediants

Eggs
Water

Only real things I know people make with HB eggs other than just eating them...

Egg Salad.   Eggs  Spicy Brown Mustard and Mayo...  (optional Tuna)    

Deviled Eggs.   Not sure how they make them but it needs Paprika!!!!

Yes, I know about deviled eggs. But I was hoping that now days with all the culinary experimentation going on, some forum members were aware of some new ways of dressing up this old fare.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 03:23 PM)Dill Wrote: Yes, I know about deviled eggs. But I was hoping that now days with all the culinary experimentation going on, some forum members were aware of some new ways of dressing up this old fare.

here are some dishes most of which are outside of things I would eat.

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-recipes-hardboiled-eggs-easter-20130326-photogallery.html
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 03:23 PM)Dill Wrote: Yes, I know about deviled eggs. But I was hoping that now days with all the culinary experimentation going on, some forum members were aware of some new ways of dressing up this old fare.

I don't get too fancy with eggs because I just like eggs. So unfortunately there is not much experimentation over here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 04:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: here are some dishes most of which are outside of things I would eat.

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-recipes-hardboiled-eggs-easter-20130326-photogallery.html

I would eat every single thing on that list.

Have I mentioned that Andrew Zimmern is a hero of mine? LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 04:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would eat every single thing on that list.

I am googling that recipe for "beef rolls" with steak milanese wrapped around chorizo and hard boiled eggs.

That looks delicious.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 06:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am googling that recipe for "beef rolls" with steak Milanese wrapped around chorizo and hard boiled eggs.

That looks delicious.

lol. that doesn't even exist...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 08:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol. that doesn't even exist...

http://www.food.com/recipe/steak-milanese-228585
Reply/Quote