Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Harris still supports Jussie Smollett
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vp-kamala-harris-jussie-smollett-defense-remains-actors-hate-crime-hoax-conviction-failed-appeal

He has been convicted of lying and fabricating a story saying Trump supporters targeted him. He admitted he did it. Harris is spreading propaganda to add to her everyone is racist lie. Why does the liberal media ignore her actions? Her words could incite a riot or hate crimes against white people or Trump supporters. Sorry Kamala, they hate in this case was for Donal Trump and anyone who supports him. Yet, she still has this posted on X.
[b]

VP Kamala Harris' 2019 Jussie Smollett defense remains after actor's hate crime hoax conviction, failed appeal
Vice President Kamala Harris hasn't deleted the post about Jussie Smollett[/b]
Harris, who was a senator when the incident happened, wrote on X, then called Twitter, that Smollett is "one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery."

"This was an attempted modern day lynching.
No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate," Harris wrote.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It **could’ve** been real, that’s the important thing to remember here. Something something, MAGA country!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 12:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vp-kamala-harris-jussie-smollett-defense-remains-actors-hate-crime-hoax-conviction-failed-appeal

He has been convicted of lying and fabricating a story saying Trump supporters targeted him. He admitted he did it. Harris is spreading propaganda to add to her everyone is racist lie. Why does the liberal media ignore her actions? Her words could incite a riot or hate crimes against white people or Trump supporters. Sorry Kamala, they hate in this case was for Donal Trump and anyone who supports him. Yet, she still has this posted on X.

VP Kamala Harris' 2019 Jussie Smollett defense remains after actor's hate crime hoax conviction, failed appeal
Vice President Kamala Harris hasn't deleted the post about Jussie Smollett

Harris, who was a senator when the incident happened, wrote on X, then called Twitter, that Smollett is "one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery."

"This was an attempted modern day lynching.
No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate," Harris wrote.

So this is a story about a post from 2019 that wasn't deleted?

That's news?

Been tough in the right wing noise machine bubble to come up with anything new I guess.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
More importantly, what has she said since it came out that Smollett was a lying piece of crap? Or did she just stay silent like a lot of others out there?

Off topic, Dave Chappelle had a funny bit about Smollett "incident" on YouTube. If you want a laugh, go there and do a search for "Dave Chappelle on the Jussie Smollett Incident"

Also off-topic, I think about as highly of her as a human being as I do about a lot of politicians including DJT.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I saw something, I don't remember exactly what it was, maybe a podcast. It was titled something along the lines like "Jussie Smollett In His Own Words". I did a double take. How in the world does that guy still get a platform to speak on? He was a lower mid level celebrity to begin with, and know he's a known fabulist. What would anyone gain from listening to him?

People have completely forgotten how to go away when they are caught doing stupid shit.

It's like the goofy Michigan narrative after they got busted. They acted like they suffered some act of god style tragedy. It wasn't a car wreck or some player getting cancer. They created a problem for themselves and they had to weather it.

This whole perpetrator as victim narrative is frankly offensive. They are spitting on the intelligence of the general public.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 01:28 PM)samhain Wrote: People have completely forgotten how to go away when they are caught doing stupid shit.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fda...n-1013.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 12:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It **could’ve** been real, that’s the important thing to remember here. Something something, MAGA country!!!

Unfortunately, fakers like Smollett hurt real victims.

When it comes to violence against people based on things like race, religion, sexuality or gender, the biggest burden is proving intent. As in, did a person really assault someone BECAUSE they were black and/or gay? Or did they simply assault a person who happened to be black and/or gay?

When someone like Smollett comes out and claims something happened that didn't, it only casts doubt on similar cases that may be real.

If I had to guess, if you asked Harris about Smollett, she would condemn his making up his assault, but would re-affirm that violence against people due to their skin color or sexual orientation (or religion, or gender etc) is wrong and should be confronted and acknowledged as an issue that deserves attention. Especially now, in the current environment where attacks on Jewish people and Muslims (especially if they are known to be Palestinian) are increasing across the country.

As for the tweet not being deleted...eh... It's an old tweet and no one is seeing it. The only reason anyone knows it still exists is because rage bait articles like this one are being written about it 4 years later. Could she delete it? Sure. Should she? Who cares?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 01:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: As for the tweet not being deleted...eh... It's an old tweet and no one is seeing it. The only reason anyone knows it still exists is because rage bait articles like this one are being written about it 4 years later. Could she delete it? Sure. Should she? Who cares?

To my understanding, whenever you disagree with something someone tweets you aren't able to handle free speech, or something. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 01:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: So this is a story about a post from 2019 that wasn't deleted?

That's news?

Been tough in the right wing noise machine bubble to come up with anything new I guess.

Do you think 4 years is enough time for Harris to have her staff delete a tweet????????????

Why is it still up? 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you think 4 years is enough time for Harris to have her staff delete a tweet????????????

Why is it still up? 

Because the most dangerous terrorist threat to our country is white supremacy. These modern day lynchings must happen all the time, so even though this one didn’t happen we must still confront this hate. So the tweet stands.

IMO, we need to stop agents on horseback from whipping migrants at the border while we’re at it.
Reply/Quote
Dude outraged by something that happened 4 years ago ...

Sad man.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
[Image: i-woke-up-like-this-woke.gif]

Conservatives: "K'mala Harris should be canceled! She still supports someone who lied one time several years ago for an illicit attempt at fortune and fame!"

Also Conservatives: "Trump 2024!!!"
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 05:55 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Dude outraged by something that happened 4 years ago ...

Sad man.

(12-02-2023, 06:05 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: [Image: i-woke-up-like-this-woke.gif]

Conservatives: "K'mala Harris should be canceled! She still supports someone who lied one time several years ago for an illicit attempt at fortune and fame!"

Also Conservatives: "Trump 2024!!!"

Is anyone actually outraged or reacting like this somewhere? I don’t really see it in the OP.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you think 4 years is enough time for Harris to have her staff delete a tweet????????????

Why is it still up? 

Well, that's what we need to get to the bottom of. Libral media is deliberately ignoring this.

This woman could be a second term VP and we STILL don't know her real thoughts on Smollet.

Except that "No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 06:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Is anyone actually outraged or reacting like this somewhere? I don’t really see it in the OP.

I mean, then why bring it up if not trying to stoke the outrage machine? I mean, it seems like the only reason to me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 09:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, then why bring it up if not trying to stoke the outrage machine? I mean, it seems like the only reason to me.

He lost his appeal yesterday so it’s somewhat relevant, is my guess. OP isn’t foaming at the mouth about it or anything as far as I can tell.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 06:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Is anyone actually outraged or reacting like this somewhere? I don’t really see it in the OP.

(12-02-2023, 12:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He has been convicted of lying and fabricating a story saying Trump supporters targeted him. He admitted he did it. Harris is spreading propaganda to add to her everyone is racist lie. Why does the liberal media ignore her actions? Her words could incite a riot or hate crimes against white people or Trump supporters. 

Maybe just south of "outrage"?  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 10:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe just south of "outrage"?  Mellow

Has she owned up to her mistake and jumping the gun at all? If not, why not? Also if not, Luvnit’s post isn’t unreasonable.

If she has, like a good leader would, I’d be in total agreement this thread should have never existed and is just unnecessary hand wringing.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/politics/kamala-harris-disappointed-jussie-smollett/index.html

Quote:California Sen. Kamala Harris said Thursday that she is disappointed by Smollett’s alleged actions, and said hate crimes are on the rise in the US and false claims make it harder for victims to come forward.

“Like most of you, I’ve seen the reports about Jussie Smollett, and I’m sad, frustrated, and disappointed,” the Democratic presidential hopeful posted Thursday on Twitter. “When anyone makes false claims to police, it not only diverts resources away from serious investigations but it makes it more difficult for other victims of crime to come forward.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 11:52 AM)pally Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/politics/kamala-harris-disappointed-jussie-smollett/index.html

She acknowledged Jussie Smollet’s asshattery, anywhere she owns up to her own? Her statement is pretty much what I’ve been saying this entire thread about why the tweet stands. Could’ve happened!!
Reply/Quote