Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison HOF?
(01-19-2017, 05:16 PM)jason Wrote: Which has me thinking... James Harrison would be a HOFer for sure if he didn't waste a season's worth of stats in Cincinnati. Hell that was when they had a competent LB coach. It would have been even worse now.

Who knew an edge rushing 3-4 OLB wouldn't translate well into a 4-3 D...Oh that's right, The Bengals...Who had a "competent LB coach".   Mellow  It's James fault though.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 05:39 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Who knew an edge rushing 3-4 OLB wouldn't translate well into a 4-3 D...Oh that's right, The Bengals...Who had a "competent LB coach".   Mellow  It's James fault though.
I think they eventually started rotating him in on the D line too. He didn't make a whole lot of plays there either. I think his rebound from 2014 - present does in fact suggest that it wasn't Harrison's fault that the Bengals got next to nothing out of him though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Most players play better on winning teams!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 01:54 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Actually, you're partially right.  The Bengals will be listed as one of the teams he played for.  But, the HoF doesn't actually induct players "as" anything.  http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/ (Last question)

So, technically, if Harrison goes in, you'll have another HoFer.  But, he'll be a guy mostly known for playing for your biggest and most hated rival.  Seems par for the course for what Bengal fans have been through over the years, doesn't it?  Wink

Charlie Joyner is in and he had more than a cup of coffee with the Bengals. 

That will give us 3. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 05:13 PM)jason Wrote: All of us Bengals fans will certainly remember the one play that he made as a Bengal. I believe he stopped EJ Manuel on 3rd and 1. He nearly made another play when scored a TD, but it was called back due to a penalty.

That was a 4th down stop and yes he did have a TD called back too. Almost forgot about that one. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 06:46 PM)jason Wrote: I think they eventually started rotating him in on the D line too. He didn't make a whole lot of plays there either. I think his rebound from 2014 - present does in fact suggest that it wasn't Harrison's fault that the Bengals got next to nothing out of him though.

He wasn't on the juice while he was here. 

Homey don't play that...

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 06:46 PM)jason Wrote: I think they eventually started rotating him in on the D line too. He didn't make a whole lot of plays there either. I think his rebound from 2014 - present does in fact suggest that it wasn't Harrison's fault that the Bengals got next to nothing out of him though.

He completed Burfict's training in being an outright animal.
Double-edged sword, I know.
He changed many peoples attitudes, made them meaner.
I think that wore off, this past year.
My favorite moment was him putting Gruden in his place, when Gruden gave him crap about hitting Green and other star players.
I wanted him to outright tear Gruden limb from limb.
I disliked Gruden, very much.

(01-19-2017, 09:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He wasn't on the juice while he was here. 

Homey don't play that...

BAM !!
Truth-bomb !!
DingDing
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 11:21 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: He completed Burfict's training in being an outright animal.
Double-edged sword, I know.
He changed many peoples attitudes, made them meaner.
I think that wore off, this past year.
My favorite moment was him putting Gruden in his place, when Gruden gave him crap about hitting Green and other star players.
I wanted him to outright tear Gruden limb from limb.
I disliked Gruden, very much.

BAM !!
Truth-bomb !!
DingDing
In all honesty, I was kinda stoked when they signed Harrison... It can't be coincidence that Manny Lawson, James Harrison, AJ Hawk, Karlos Dansby, and Emanuel Lamur ( I get it Lamur sucked) have all been pedestrian at SAM for the Bengals... Can it?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I want the bengals to have an offer ready for Harrison has a strength and conditioning coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 03:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I want the bengals to have an offer ready for Harrison has a strength and conditioning coach.

Or you could just hire his pharmacist.  Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote