Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison, "They better be in a wheelchair"
That is what NFL legend and current Pittsburgh Steeler LB James Harrison had to say about players choosing to not stand for the National Anthem.

https://lockerdome.com/happygilmore/6170048381332289/10058545173577488

The replies should be interesting, as much of our P&R faithful happen to be Steeler fans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-13-2017, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is what NFL legend and current Pittsburgh Steeler LB James Harrison had to say about players choosing to not stand for the National Anthem.

The replies should be interesting, as much of our P&R faithful happen to be Steeler fans.

I think that's his opinion and I think he's wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-13-2017, 07:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think that's his opinion and I think he's wrong.

Lol, somehow I knew that you'd be the 1st responder, and say something along those lines.   Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-13-2017, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, somehow I knew that you'd be the 1st responder, and say something along those lines.   Mellow

I try to be consistent.  Harrison isn't what you would call a "deep thinker".  I'd expect him to be black and white on it.  I expect more from others.

ThumbsUp
(08-13-2017, 08:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: I try to be consistent.  Harrison isn't what you would call a "deep thinker".  I'd expect him to be black and white on it.  I expect more from others.

ThumbsUp

He must do some deep thinking on the human body.  He's amazingly strong and preserved for a man his age.  I've followed his gym feats for years.  I'm thinking that he could easily make a smooth transition to strength athletics, and compete at the world level.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-13-2017, 08:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He must do some deep thinking on the human body.  He's amazingly strong and preserved for a man his age.  I've followed his gym feats for years.  I'm thinking that he could easily make a smooth transition to strength athletics, and compete at the world level.

And (apparently) no HGH or other stuff.

Guy is just a freak of nature I guess. Hard work obviously too, but you have to have the DNA to stay that way I think.
I feel like there's something un-American about trying to tell someone how to exercise their freedom of speech.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-13-2017, 08:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: And (apparently) no HGH or other stuff.

Guy is just a freak of nature I guess. Hard work obviously too, but you have to have the DNA to stay that way I think.

Let's stick with hard work.  He was a walk on at Kent State, prior to being an UDFA.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-13-2017, 08:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I feel like there's something un-American about trying to tell someone how to exercise their freedom of speech.

It should be interesting to observe how the NFL handles the protocol for their employees behavior, regarding the National Anthem, going forward.

As many celebrities have already found out, by losing lawsuits vs. paparazzi, once a citizen becomes a public figure, they tacitly give up their right to anonymity.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-13-2017, 07:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think that's his opinion and I think he's wrong.

My opinion is that the National Anthem isn't about political view points. It's about the soldiers who stood up fought and gave their lives for freedom and the soldiers that continue to this day who stand up and fight for that freedom. I understand they fought to give people the right to be disrespectful to those same soldiers by kneeling for the anthem but in my book that doesn't make them any less of a scumbag.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(08-13-2017, 09:45 PM)Synric Wrote: My opinion is that the National Anthem isn't about political view points. It's about the soldiers who stood up fought and gave their lives for freedom and the soldiers that continue to this day who stand up and fight for that freedom. I understand they fought to give people the right to be disrespectful to those same soldiers by kneeling for the anthem but in my book that doesn't make them any less of a scumbag.

And, as is stated, that is your opinion.

I don't see the sense in kneeling or doing anything other than standing quietly during the anthem.  But that's the beauty of America.  We can disagree civilly.
(08-13-2017, 10:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: And, as is stated, that is your opinion.

I don't see the sense in kneeling or doing anything other than standing quietly during the anthem.  But that's the beauty of America.  We can disagree civilly.

My bad if seemed like I was coming at you with that post wasn't my intention lol. As a Vet it just boils my blood when people are disrespectful toward soldiers not even the military just the soldier. I have my own issues with the military as a whole lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(08-13-2017, 08:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: I try to be consistent.  Harrison isn't what you would call a "deep thinker".  I'd expect him to be black and white on it.  I expect more from others.

ThumbsUp

You mean other athletes? Like Adrian Peterson who said the NFL is modern day slavery? That's some deeeeep shit man.
Or Rashard Mendenhall after the death of Bin Laden "its amazing how people can HATE a man they never heard speak".

Harrison thinks deep enough to make his boys to return those liberal concocted participation trophies back to school.
(08-13-2017, 10:13 PM)Synric Wrote: My bad if seemed like I was coming at you with that post wasn't my intention lol. As a Vet it just boils my blood when people are disrespectful toward soldiers not even the military just the soldier. I have my own issues with the military as a whole lol.

No problem.  I didn't make it clear in case no one ever saw what I wrote before.  I only condone the action in regards to it being a free country. 

Drawing attention to whatever cause you believe in is fine, but then you have to deal with the consequences.  
(08-13-2017, 10:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: And, as is stated, that is your opinion.

Haha. Maybe on this board.

Did liberals disagree civilly in Virginia? How about when Milo was invited to speak at a California University?
During Trump rallies? Post election? Occupy Wall Street was an awesome display of civility. Lest we forget that a liberal shot and tried to kill Republican senators.

That would be nice if leftists could disagree with civility.
(08-13-2017, 10:39 PM)Vlad Wrote: Haha. Maybe on this board.

Did liberals disagree civilly in Virginia? How about when Milo was invited to speak at a California University?
During Trump rallies? Post election? Occupy Wall Street was an awesome display of civility. Lest we forget that a liberal shot and tried to kill Republican senators.

That would be nice if leftists could disagree with civility.

I said, repeatedly Milo should have been allowed to speak.  I support the right of anyone to speak.  It's the only way to hear how dumb they are.

The government should not shut down free speech.

However there is no law saying I have to listen.  Or that I can't try to shout them down.

And, as I have said over and over, I will always side with the group that isn't Nazi's.
Agreed on the opinion, but my opinion falls along the same lines. But I'm OK with folks exercising their right not to stand in reference to something they disagree with.

I'll admit, I was pretty unpatriotic to a lot of folks after 2001. I didn't not say the pledge or anything (I attend a lot of public meetings as part of my job and say it at least once a week) or stand during the anthem (also at least once a week), but I was pretty vocal that I disagreed with what we were doing. People disagreed with me then, but most folks respect other folks right to spea out with things that sit wrong. That's what makes America great. Not again, just always. 
You can be politically active and sill show some respect for the nation.

Besides do we really need politics in every facet of our lives. Don't we need water cooler talk that we can all talk about that doesn't have a political bent. Making sports political just further tears away at society.
(08-14-2017, 09:08 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You can be politically active and sill show some respect for the nation.

Besides do we really need politics in every facet of our lives. Don't we need water cooler talk that we can all talk about that doesn't have a political bent. Making sports political just further tears away at society.

Doesn't playing a national anthem inject politics into o sports anyway? Why is the NFL even playing the national anthem? This is a league that charges the military for military appreciation night.
(08-13-2017, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is what NFL legend and current Pittsburgh Steeler LB James Harrison had to say about players choosing to not stand for the National Anthem.

It's a first amendment thing. Kap has a right to express his opinion as do Alt right groups. While others have the right to express their disagreement.