Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hart attempting to block Suggs
(09-12-2018, 10:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: As I said last year, you can scheme away a bad link in pass protection you can't scheme away a bad line. What they may need to do is slide protect towards Hart and leave Glenn out on an island. What this means is Glenn may give up a sack occasionally but it's probably better for the greater good. I'd have Mixon then check and release, basically looking for instant pressure chipping the rusher then going into a route. There are multiple ways to attack this but keeping the issues to one side provides a couple options. Heck we could use motioned receivers and let them crack the defender like a seal block on a run play.

True. I think they'll start loading the box a little more and daring AD to beat them deep. With Ross healthy, that probably does change, but if they're ballsy, they try to make Andy beat them deep then adjust from there. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hart clearly isn't going to get in the HOF, but he's not the worst RT to ever play the game. It's not like he's a 168 pound punt returner with two broken legs and Suggs isn't the single greatest pass rusher since the league was formed. 
It's going to  be a real challenge no doubt ,but despite Hunt going off on him he still managed to have enough decent plays to allow us to beat Indy. The real question will be if he can get in the way of pass rushers often enough for Andy to throw the ball often enough...?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 10:47 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: True. I think they'll start loading the box a little more and daring AD to beat them deep. With Ross healthy, that probably does change, but if they're ballsy, they try to make Andy beat them deep then adjust from there. 
They're going to have to pick their poison one way or another. If they just stack the box all day they'll leave open nearly every receiver and we do have some guys who can really scoot it along. 
I'm sure they'll be thinking about the last TD against them by Boyd.. Say what you want about Andy and our rotten offensive line, but we've had some crazy successes against them in the past.  There's no reason to believe we can't do it again.
Predictions of gloom and doom are pretty common, but when was the last prediction of the end of the world that came true? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 10:47 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: True. I think they'll start loading the box a little more and daring AD to beat them deep. With Ross healthy, that probably does change, but if they're ballsy, they try to make Andy beat them deep then adjust from there. 

Loaded boxes can actually beat without going deep. It's when they load and press where you have to go over the top. Out routes, WR screens, etc are all in play with 8 man boxes and we have used them in the past. Now if a team is dumb enough to show an 8 man box with press coverage then....well they will pay for that. 
Reply/Quote

Historically, when the Ravens have tried this, Dalton HAS beat them deep.  Plus, their secondary is banged up.  

Managing the scoreboard and down and distance is going to be the key against the Ravens.  Really, it's going to be a key for covering up the weakness on the right side of the line all season.  We have to keep the D guessing so they can't just tee off and bring the house.  In this one, that's going to be dicey because we have guys like Mixon and Ross that can do major damage on short throws/hot reads.  
Reply/Quote
For the last Ravens game and then compare them to Cincy's.

The D-Line after EACH play was closer to the QB than the Ravens were.
The thing that we, the BENGALS, need to do is simply this. CHIP the edge rushers. PERIOD.
Keep Andy upright and they win. PERIOD.

If the stats are accurate, and the Bengals play with the same second half attitude, they will win a CLOSE game.

2 sacks for the Ravens, 2 for the BENGALS.

BTW, 2nd and 3rd and long, PUT JOHNSON OVER G/C. He may not get to Flacco, but he CLOGS the pass lane with a HUGE wingspan and height. AND he is big enough to handle runs inside for 1 or 2 plays. FLACCO makes his BREAD AND BUTTER at the 10 to 15 yards spots.

Stop them there and they LOSE.

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
Suggs almost always lines up on the right side of the line AKA the LT.

The other pass rusher is who i am most worried about, think Glenn can contain Suggs, he might get one sack going
against Glenn. Who is the pass rusher lining up on the left side is the question and will we adjust and help Hart out.

Think we might and i am starting to lean towards a win, but Marv's primetime record once again gives me pause.
Reply/Quote
They had better be careful rushing Dalton the way Mixon runs on those screens.

Am thinking our DL gets 4 sacks though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
In just the last two seasons Suggs has 4 sacks and 3 forced fumbles against the Bengals.

I'm sure our coaches are accounting for Suggs in our game plan.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 01:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: They had better be careful rushing Dalton the way Mixon runs on those screens.

Very good point! 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In just the last two seasons Suggs has 4 sacks and 3 forced fumbles against the Bengals.

I'm sure our coaches are accounting for Suggs in our game plan.

Almost surprised he didn't play better...

Remember when Whit was here Suggs had problems, i think Glenn should give him some.
Reply/Quote
Hart blanks Suggs no sacks 0....Most of the guys here get a tummy ache from eating crow and they will sing Harts praises come tomorrow night.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 06:09 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Hart blanks Suggs no sacks 0....Most of the guys here get a tummy ache from eating crow and they will sing Harts praises come tomorrow night.

Again. Suggs rushes from the blind side. That is Glenn. Za'darius Smith (spelling) would be the primary RUSH/EDGE player over Hart.  He had a sack against Buffalo...  

*Smith is 9 years younger than Suggs. I think they will be fine rushing us straight up without a position change

Edit: I don't think Smith will get 4 sacks against Hart. And I don't think Suggs gets 4 from the blind side. I would say Smith 2, Suggs 1.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 06:27 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Again. Suggs rushes from the blind side. That is Glenn. Za'darius Smith (spelling) would be the primary RUSH/EDGE player over Hart.  He had a sack against Buffalo...  

*Smith is 9 years younger than Suggs. I think they will be fine rushing us straight up without a position change

Edit: I don't think Smith will get 4 sacks against Hart. And I don't think Suggs gets 4 from the blind side.  I would say Smith 2, Suggs 1.

Ahhh, Zadarius Smith. Yes, this is the guy i am a bit concerned with, more than Suggs with Glenn blocking him.

Glenn struggles more against speed rushers than power Ends who he dominates.

Maybe Suggs gets a sack, maybe, but i don't know about it. Dude is old and Glenn is big, strong, with great feet.
Reply/Quote
If Hart continues to play like he has for the entirety of his career, then it'll be rough on the right side. I won't be surprised if we hear a lot of the infamous, "74 is reporting eligible," this week.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:02 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: How many sacks for Suggs? I predict 4. This is going to be downright horrible.

put a TE in to Chip
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 01:01 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If Hart continues to play like he has for the entirety of his career, then it'll be rough on the right side. I won't be surprised if we hear a lot of the infamous, "74 is reporting eligible," this week.

wait dennis roland is back?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 12:25 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hart will surrender 0 sacks and 2 pressures.

Such are hits or hurries, is up to you.

Someone owes me some money.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 01:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: They had better be careful rushing Dalton the way Mixon runs on those screens.

Good call  ThumbsUp
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Hart did better than last week that's for sure. O line as a whole deserves credit. Especially with price getting hurt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote