Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the rebuild begun?
(02-21-2017, 07:49 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We do. I believe Billings should replace Peko, but we lack depth behind him.

Sims has always been talked up, he isn't good. They had Gilberry and Hunt play DT because our lack of pressure outside of Atkins. I have high hopes for Williams, but we still need players. Bad.

If their's a DE at 9 worth taking I'd pull the trigger. Figure on passing downs you could hypothetically have the 9th pick and Dunlap on the Edge with Atkins and possible Hardison ( if he can stay healthy) or Williams inside on passing downs. You could have Michael Johnson in on running downs along with Billings at NT. Maybe sign Peko to a 1 year vet minimum to show Billings the ropes. Hopefully with more quality depth we can keep guys fresh and have them more effective versus guys like Johnson playing all 3 downs and wearing down. If we can get pressure on the qb it will help out our coverage at all levels. That's why i'm opposed to taking Foster or a linebacker at 9. If we take Foster and have him and Burfict in on passing downs and we can't get pressure on the qb it won't matter we can't cover all day. You can find an athletic LB in later rounds to pair with Burfict in the nickel plus your drafted Virgil in the 3rd  round maybe he's that guy. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2017, 11:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What's wrong with Fairley? He's been motivated and keeping his weight in check. Had one of his most productive seasons last year (43 tackles, 6.5 sacks).

Was wondering the same thing.

Definate upgrade over Peko and Sims.
Reply/Quote
2015 was the golden year, our year of years. It was all there in place. These kind of years give your shot at a SB. But, as we proved, golden years can be derailed. And when those things happen, you are probably done. Witness last season. Too many losses not overcome, too many bad decisions, too much bad luck, and maybe most of all, too much hangover.

The Kenyon Martin Bob Huggins Syndrome. It was all there. And then fate kicks you in the balls. The Bengals did not bounce back well at all.

And now, it's a long way to get back on track. Marvin usually does well with third place schedules, so it's not like all hope is gone. But there is a LOT of work to do. Many weaknesses, many question marks.

We might be a worse team than last year going into the draft. We will probably lose guys. We will not replace them with upgrades.

So your future hinges on the draft. You have to nail it. Are we nailing it lately? At the least, there will be a partial rebuild and we may be back or we may be done. Team psyches can be fragile things. If guys start wondering what are we doing here, it's over. Looks like a lot of reasons not to believe around here and belief is everything.

What's that sound?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
After the news today of our FA's walking except Dre, was I right? The rebuilding has begun.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
You said the Bengals would be cheap in free agency and let a lot of guys leave. Way to go out on a limb! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: After the news today of our FA's walking except Dre, was I right? The rebuilding has begun.

In the eyes of the "management" no it's not. 

The team will look bad next year, but they don't think a Guard is worth that kind of money, and they'll stand behind Alexander and their 1st round bust of a tackle. 

A rebuild is what the reds did, dump everyone and get younger. Look at the Browns, they dumped everyone, tanked and stockpiled draft picks. If it was a true rebuild, A.J. would be traded, same with Dalton and Geno and Dunlap and they wouldn't have signed Dre K back.

It's just more dysfunctional front office bs.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:07 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: In the eyes of the "management" no it's not. 

The team will look bad next year, but they don't think a Guard is worth that kind of money, and they'll stand behind Alexander and their 1st round bust of a tackle. 

A rebuild is what the reds did, dump everyone and get younger. Look at the Browns, they dumped everyone, tanked and stockpiled draft picks. If it was a true rebuild, A.J. would be traded, same with Dalton and Geno and Dunlap and they wouldn't have signed Dre K back.

It's just more dysfunctional front office bs.

The Reds kept Votto and Phillips during the rebuild and did not dump everyone. Phillips is now gone. I see the Bengals slowly releasing or trading the stars. Just watch. 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: After the news today of our FA's walking except Dre, was I right? The rebuilding has begun.

Seems like we've been rebuilding for over 10 years now....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote