Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sunday morning question to muse upon...
Many people claim we are a Christian nation founded upon those principles.

I wondered as I woke up this morning and my wife was getting ready for church: Would those same people be OK with removing the Ten Commandments (Old Testament) from all public buildings and replacing them with:

“‘Love your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. And Love your neighbor as yourself.’" (New Testament)

(I know I edited it.) I'd be fine with just the second part.

With that each person would be allowed to have "their god" (or no god...for if you do not believe there is no need to carry that out any more than if the Ten Commandment were there). And we would always be reminded to simply love one another and treat people as we would want treated.

Would that be okay? Better? Worse?

Would the Jewish people throw a fit because we removed "their" laws and replaced them with another religion? I understand that both Christians and Jews believe int he Ten Commandments and the Jews think Jesus was just a prophet. But the Ten Commandments came to Moses from God...and the above came to Jesus from God.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I suppose it depends on what you classify as a public building.

Government building (local, state, and federal) should have no reference to religion

Privately owned buildings should be able to display whatever they want.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
The world would be better off with no religion at all.
(12-27-2015, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose it depends on what you classify as a public building.

Government building (local, state, and federal) should have no reference to religion

But they do.  And for the most part that has been either upheld or unchallenged.  But even so would that change be bad?

(12-27-2015, 06:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: The world would be better off with no religion at all.

I can agree with this.  But people will always want answers that make them feel better.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-27-2015, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose it depends on what you classify as a public building.

yup
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]