Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Have you ever been to Paul Brown Stadium?
(07-29-2022, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I mean, serously, what kind of food are you guys expecting? Do you really go to the stadium to eat a meal at those prices? We always eat before the game, then maybe get a slice of pizza, hotdog or pretzel etc with beer. I highly doubt a Jeff Ruby's would make it at PBS

The food is trash man. All I am asking for is some decent/more variety. It seems like every concession the only option is a burger/dog/piece of pizza. 

How about a couple local LaRosa's stands? Maybe some Graeters? 

Im not asking for fine dining but some other options would be nice. Tired of drowning myself in the same chicken tender basket during half time every game lol 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The food is trash man. All I am asking for is some decent/more variety. It seems like every concession the only option is a burger/dog/piece of pizza. 

Every NFL stadium has mostly crap food with the exception of a few 1 or 2 items in every stadium. In Cincy it's the Coney and that macaroni & cheese and bacon thing. 

It comes down to how fast they have to put the food out because they have to keep the line moving and get people back into their seats. Tons of pre-cooked stuff.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The food is trash man. All I am asking for is some decent/more variety. It seems like every concession the only option is a burger/dog/piece of pizza. 

Im not asking for fine dining but some other options would be nice. Tired of drowning myself in the same chicken tender basket during half time every game l
Try eating before you go instead of overpaying for food you dont seem to like
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Have you had the steak hoagie at PBS? 

Only food I have ever had at PBS was chili dogs.  And I like them.

I am not claiming PBS is a top venue, but it seems a bit extreme to call it a "shithole" and the food "trash".
Reply/Quote
You guys are making me hungry.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The biggest complain I have about PBS does not have anything to do with the physical facilities.

I hate that they feel like they have to have noise blaring over the PA all the time. It is literally difficult to talk to anyone about what is happening in the game because of all the noise they blast between plays.

But from what I understand that is common in all sporting venues now.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I mean, serously, what kind of food are you guys expecting? Do you really go to the stadium to eat a meal at those prices? We always eat before the game, then maybe get a slice of pizza, hotdog or pretzel etc with beer. I highly doubt a Jeff Ruby's would make it at PBS

If you're local, that's fine.  I drive down from Columbus when I go to games and with my Saturday nights typically busy, losing an hour-hour and a half of sleep to stop somewhere and eat before the game isn't very appealing.  I don't expect 5 star cuisine, but an actual good burger joint, sushi bar, or maybe O'Charley's or even Raising Cane's level chicken fingers instead of the high school cafeteria equivalent would be nice.  
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The food is trash man. All I am asking for is some decent/more variety. It seems like every concession the only option is a burger/dog/piece of pizza. 

Im not asking for fine dining but some other options would be nice. Tired of drowning myself in the same chicken tender basket during half time every game lol 

So, stadium food then.....

They sell LaRosa's pizzas at every game I have been to. What I don't like is they put double pepperoni on it and it overpowers it.

So they have chicken tenders, burgers, hotdogs and chili dogs, pizza, popcorn, nachos, pretzels. What else are you looking for?
Reply/Quote
The stadium might be average and the food crap but when it comes to beer PBS is second to none.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I haven't, and I don't think that two kids 3 and younger will allow me to make the trip (CT) any time soon.

Did just see a budget airline does Hartford to Columbus for $70 one way, though. Hopefully not too far off.
Reply/Quote
You know what would kill it inside PBS? Smoked turkey legs. And Island Noodles, because Island Noodles kills it everywhere.
Reply/Quote
Field and seating was nice. Appearance from outside was great.

The concourses were just concrete and concession stands. Other stadiums I've been to had interactive fan displays and like team history items. It was disappointing largely.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So, stadium food then.....

They sell LaRosa's pizzas at every game I have been to. What I don't like is they put double pepperoni on it and it overpowers it.

So they have chicken tenders, burgers, hotdogs and chili dogs, pizza, popcorn, nachos, pretzels. What else are you looking for?

Stadium food doesn't have to be "fine dining" to be good.  For example I used to go watch Carolina Hurricanes NHL matches, when I lived in NC.  Let me tell you this, the folks managing PNC arena did/do a fine job of keeping the vendors and selection of products available up to current demands.  Sure, there were some traditional concession stands featuring the classic forms of stadium food, but between those outlets were Food Truck quality stands offering a variety of cuisine.  Street tacos, Asian food, Greek, Craft Beer stands, etc.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’ve been all over that stadium. Back when Chad and Palmer were the face, I had a friend who cleaned offices there. Every now and then, he would call a friend down to hang out with him at night and we’d have the run of the place. I’ve been up in the scoreboard, into unused and unfinished suites packed with office supplies boiler rooms the size of city buses, into Marvin’s office, the lockerroom and weightroom, etc. Played a bit of basketball on their indoor court. Had another buddy who did the remodel of the weightroom all those years ago too. It was REALLY nice seeing it come together.

Gameday, I’ve been nowhere special. I’ve been in nosebleeds and I’ve been in premium seating. Not a bad seat in the house, and the views of the river on one side and the city on the other is really nice.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:29 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Have you ever been to Paul Brown Stadium?  If so what were your thoughts, and if not why not?  

What did you like about the Stadium, the design, the surroundings, atmosphere, etc...

On the question of the surroundings, the outside of the stadium IMO is very attractive and the landscaping is very nice. The Banks is full of plenty of places to eat and drink and the parks along the river are great, with walking and biking trails, swings, and views of the river.

After the stadium was built there was very little to do. It has changed tremendously in the past 20 years. Last year I was in Seattle and I went to a baseball game in T-Mobile stadium. The football stadium (I can't remember what they're calling it these days) is nearby and there is hardly anything in the area as far as restaurants and bars.
Reply/Quote
I've been several times, and the 09 playoff loss. It's nice, but nothing special. Sightlines are pretty good, and it has a nice setting on the river.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: lol it really can be for some weird reason. It has it's charming moments. Playoff game against the Raiders, comeback against the Seahawks when Andy was QB, etc. 

The stadium in itself is an absolute shit hole with zero personality. It's a concrete jungle with terrible food options. I don't mind the actual seating layout and the design of the seating bowl really, but the concourses leave a lot to be desired of. 

One of the games I attended. It was my kids' first game. One of only two times I've sat in an end zone seat....just so happens it was the end zone where Nugent doinked in the game winner. That was a great game to watch.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 01:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Stadium food doesn't have to be "fine dining" to be good.  For example I used to go watch Carolina Hurricanes NHL matches, when I lived in NC.  Let me tell you this, the folks managing PNC arena did/do a fine job of keeping the vendors and selection of products available up to current demands.  Sure, there were some traditional concession stands featuring the classic forms of stadium food, but between those outlets were Food Truck quality stands offering a variety of cuisine.  Street tacos, Asian food, Greek, Craft Beer stands, etc.

Thank you. 

Go compared the Reds quality of food options to the Bengals. Both are "stadium food" but it's VERY easily to tell which one buts just a little bit of effort into the quality/diversity of their options. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I've had season tickets since 05 so quite a few games.... as others mentioned the lack of personality is pretty evident.  Although with the push by Elizabeth to create a better fan engagement it was definitely at it's limited peak last season.

I went to the TQL stadium last week and I'm ashamed to say even the soccer stadium was slightly more impressive.  However PBS by all metrics is nearly outdated strong renovations is needed.  Unfortunately I think we do go with the renovations and sustain the life of PBS for another 15 years

I was at Sofi for the SB and well that's the gold standard if I ever saw one...

Caught The Who at TQL....very nice facility.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:51 PM)Synric Wrote: The stadium might be average and the food crap but when it comes to beer PBS is second to none.

GABP has (or did the last time I was there) some excellent selections in The Machine Room behind the left field foul pole.

Reply/Quote